Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yeah right. Smile

I mean, it is disappointing to me.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 12:32 pm
@blatham,
http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/trump-in-1993-they-don-t-look-indian-716425283908
Olivier5

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 12:36 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Soon Yi Previn was co-raised by Woody Allen as his daughter.

No she wasn't.
BillW

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 01:23 pm
@BillW,

I couldn't get that url to work, but this one did:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/donald-trumps-long-history-of-clashes-with-native-americans/2016/07/25/80ea91ca-3d77-11e6-80bc-d06711fd2125_story.html?utm_term=.301eed31f154

What a jerk tRump has always been! Read the whole Post story. Typical tRump.
Builder

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:12 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

Re: Lash (Post 6546516)
Quote:
Quote:
Soon Yi Previn was co-raised by Woody Allen as his daughter.

No she wasn't.

By Soraya Nadia McDonald
Source: The Washington Post
20 Feb 2014 - 2:54 PM UPDATED 8 Jan 2016 - 10:33 AM

Previn is Mia Farrow's adoptive daughter, and she and Allen met when he was dating Farrow. Allen and Farrow split in 1992 when Farrow found nude photographs of Previn, taken by Allen. They had been a couple, and they co-parented but maintained separate households, for more than a decade. Allen married Previn in 1997, and they have remained married since.

If the circumstances of his relationship with Previn weren't eyebrow-raising enough, his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow accused Allen of sexual abuse in an open letter published in the New York Times last year, recounting his alleged abuse in excruciating detail. Allen denied any wrongdoing.

source
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
If it's a part of any conspiracy theory, Builder believes it as an article of faith. I guess the citizens of California have no right to vote as the choose, and the other 19 states that she carried don't count.

I would also point out that Builder's conservative diversion tactics are working a treat.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
California is not 'actively seceding' from the Union.

Read much? I said, "actively attempting to secede". Stay focussed, hippie.

Quote:
Where do you come up with this ****?

I take it you don't follow much that doesn't pair with your narrow outlook.

source

Quote:
Backers seeking to break California away from the U.S. started collecting signatures Friday to get a proposed independence measure on the 2018 statewide ballot.

This isn't the first effort aimed at California secession but leaders say the previous tries were mostly about building awareness of the issue and increasing public support. They say recent polls show more Californians want a divorce from the union and believe that President Donald Trump's election also has boosted their cause.

"We definitely see that there's some newfound support for this and we want to get the signatures out there, especially now because we're in the first 100 days of Donald Trump's presidency when he's going to be aggressively pursuing his policies that the people of California are going to reject — and have rejected," Louis Marinelli, president of the Yes California Independence movement, said in an interview Friday.

However, the state-prepared summary on the petition from California Secretary of State Alex Padilla calls out the uncertain road ahead in this effort, which would have multiple hurdles.

Specifically, the summary said "the fiscal impact of this measure is dependent on various factors, including a vote by the people on this measure, a subsequent vote on California independence, possible legal challenges, and implementation issues. Assuming that California actually became an independent nation, the state and its local governments would experience major, but unknown, budgetary impacts."
blatham

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:58 pm
@BillW,
Good man! For some reason, I haven't been able to get into MSNBC for several hours.

But for those who can watch that video, isn't that guy an asshole of biblical proportions.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:59 pm
@Olivier5,
You're correct.
blatham

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:00 pm
@BillW,
There we go. Well done.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:00 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
On April 17, the Yes California organization announced that it has decided to halt its efforts, stating that they want a clean break from the controversy surrounding Marinelli's connections to Russia, as well as a desire to re-tool its proposal and campaign. Marinelli also announced that he will seek permanent residence in Russia
Source
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:05 pm
@blatham,
Oh no, he is not.

Why the need to defend left-wing pervs?

Still a champion for Polanski?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:07 pm
Any of you progressives willing to defend Franken or Conyers?
Setanta

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:12 pm
Just a reminder to members here--relevant and contemporary don't refer to the last national election. Try to avoid getting sucked into discussions which are not about Plump and relevant, contemporary events.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Any of you progressives willing to defend Franken or Conyers?

Defend them from what exactly?

I believe they've both admitted guilt and apologized and I think Conyers even stepped down from a leadership position. Ethics investigations are going to help determine the next steps. What exactly is there to defend?
Cycloptichorn

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:39 pm
@Builder,
Quote:

Read much? I said, "actively attempting to secede". Stay focussed, hippie.

That guy is LITERALLY a ******* Russian who is stirring up ****. He has nothing to do with the people of CA at all, and there is no 'active attempt' to secede whatsoever.

Why do you go on about things you have no actual knowledge of? It's embarrassing.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:48 pm
@maporsche,
Oh give me a break!

They are both trying to weasel out of the charges.

But you've revealed yourself the partisan I expected from many here.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh give me a break!

They are both trying to weasel out of the charges.

But you've revealed yourself the partisan I expected from many here.

Weasel out, in that they are trying to, I dunno, avoid prosecution based on them? Or what do you mean? I don't believe Franken has denied any of it.

Cycloptichorn
ehBeth

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:57 pm
@maporsche,
I certainly defend their right to apologize.

I'd reconsider some of my views on #45 and Moore if they apologized for their actions.
blatham

Tue 28 Nov, 2017 04:12 pm
@ehBeth,
It seems to me that there are morally important criteria in this.

First, the severity of the infraction
Second, whether the guilty party expresses regret and apologizes (sincerely)
Third, whether rather than doing the second, the guilty party attacks his accuser.