monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:04 am
@izzythepush,
I quit clicking her links some time ago, likewise on arguing back and fourth with her for the reasons you stated.
revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If you are a fan of vampire novels or films you know that the undead can't cross your threshold without an invitation.

As a matter of fact I do like some vampire lore, mostly by Anne Rice, her vampires don't really need an invitation, they seek out the "evil doer"

Speaking of Charles Manson (sorry once again)I told my granddaughter he died yesterday, she is fifteen (almost), she said, "you mean he was a real person?"
revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:22 am
@BillW,
I know, when you consider Trump and how many of his accusers have been swept under the rug by the so called liberal media and now we almost have Al Franklin resigning... it blows my mind. I think the latest accusation may have been more political than true, the incident of the photograph distorted, and now taking advantaged of by republicans all on account of the vote for that terrible tax bill they want to get through. In fact in Alabama and the WH they come right out say they need Moore for the tax bill reform.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:37 am
Judge rules Trump's sanctuary city order unconstitutional

Quote:
Attorney: Ruling a victory for rule of law

Those fighting the executive order celebrated the decision Monday.

"This is a victory for the American people and the rule of law," San Francisco city attorney Dennis Herrera said in a statement. "This executive order was unconstitutional before the ink on it was even dry.

"We live in a democracy. No one is above the law, including the president."
The statement added that he was "grateful that we've been able to protect billions of dollars that help some of the most vulnerable Americans."

However, a Department of Justice spokesman said the court had "exceeded its authority" in its ruling, and vowed that the department would continue to follow Trump's direction with regard to the January executive order.

"The District Court exceeded its authority today when it barred the President from instructing his cabinet members to enforce existing law," spokesman Devin O'Malley said.

"The Justice Department will vindicate the President's lawful authority to direct the executive branch."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:48 am
@revelette1,
I think she's been banking on people not clicking on her links, which is why she's so sloppy.
revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 08:45 am
@izzythepush,
Well, I am somewhat paranoid (among my many behavior faults) and a time or two, I had annoyances with my computer after clicking on some of her links. I usually after a few days clear out my history anyway, but...
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:01 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
If you are a fan of vampire novels or films you know that the undead can't cross your threshold without an invitation.

As a matter of fact I do like some vampire lore, mostly by Anne Rice, her vampires don't really need an invitation, they seek out the "evil doer"

Speaking of Charles Manson (sorry once again)I told my granddaughter he died yesterday, she is fifteen (almost), she said, "you mean he was a real person?"

Rice took great liberties with vampire legend, but her books are entertaining...at least the early ones.

Very interesting comment by your granddaughter. Did she think of him as a fictional monster or just not know who he was?
izzythepush

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:16 am
@revelette1,
I can believe almost anything about Lash, but I don't think she'd embed links on a public forum with malware.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:24 am
@revelette1,
the ignore feature works superbly
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Very interesting comment by your granddaughter. Did she think of him as a fictional monster or just not know who he was?

She thought of him like a character in a movie which she heard us talking about.

I could go on about the subject of books and Anne Rice's all day, so I'll just leave it at, yeah, she seemed more inspired in her earlier books.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 11:01 am
U.S. agency to vote to repeal 'net neutrality' rules - FCC chief
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 03:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, I gave the gallery a thumb down — but not because of any political objection. I just can't stand looking at those guys.
ossobucotemp

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 05:38 pm
@hightor,
What a day, Trump planning to toss the Haitians in need; Trump planning on FCC killing net neutrality..

what's next?
thack45

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 06:00 pm
@ossobucotemp,
He'll say the same thing about Roy Moore that he did about Putin–essentially, "well the guy says he didn't do it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯." Good enough for old Donnie. Should be good enough for us.

Trump Defends Roy Moore Amid Sexual Assault Allegations: 'He Totally Denies It'
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 22 Nov, 2017 01:20 am
@ossobucotemp,
It's not all bad. They're jubilant in Zimbabwe right now.

https://www.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2017/11/21/16/zimbabwe.jpg
oristarA

Wed 22 Nov, 2017 01:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's not all bad. They're jubilant in Zimbabwe right now.

Do they hail to Trump's decision to ditch Haitians? I do not appreciate schadenfreude.
izzythepush

Wed 22 Nov, 2017 02:10 am
@oristarA,
I don't think they're giving Haiti much thought right now.

There are things going on in the World that have very little to do with Trump, America or China.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 22 Nov, 2017 02:22 am
It is worth noting that DACA, while it has benefited Haitians, has largely benefited Latin Americans, with Mexico leading with the most "Dreamers" listing that nation as their country of origin. Referring to the Haitians is actually a propagandistic position, seeking to obliquely cast a pall of racism over the end of the program. As with nearly everything in the world, the situation is just not that simple.

Here is a primer on DACA from CNN.
blatham

Wed 22 Nov, 2017 03:20 am
Because populism and swamp-draining and states' rights.
Quote:
The Obama administration’s net neutrality rules met their all-but-certain demise Tuesday as Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai outlined a plan to repeal them — while making sure states can't impose their own regulations to fill the void.

Pai will release his proposal on Wednesday with broad support on the Republican-controlled FCC, leaving supporters of the 2015 policy with little recourse except to fight back in the courts.
Politico