monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 10:09 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Politically incorrect joke generator:

Begin with the following, then just fill in the blank.

Last week, an Australian man climbed up a step-ladder and took **** on ...

Here's an example:

Last week, an Australian man climbed up a step-ladder and took a **** on the Liberty Bell.

Here's another:

Last week, an Australian man climbed up a step-ladder and took a **** on Mother Teresa's mausoleum.

Or "his mother in law", etc etc

Free to you from me.
blatham

Well it looks as though blathers thread has jumped the shark.
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 10:11 am
@georgeob1,
What would be the point of Kudlow saying about Trump's appointees, "Wealthy folks have no need to steal or engage in corruption", if not to imply that wealth = honesty and straight dealing?
0 Replies

catbeasy

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 10:24 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
which Ben Chait quickly used to create a straw man - that the wealthy cannot be corrupt - and attacks that in a very deceptive journalistic sleight of hand that you evidently bought yourseldf, or failed to detect.

The point is the idiocy of the individual making the statement and the idea that there must be some others (statistically speaking) who are influential, rich, have power who also espouse this idea. It is a warning. A red flag that perhaps we shouldn't give any credence to this guy and to watch out for others like him..

Propaganda? Its propaganda to point out that someone made an idiotic statement? Like Trump's statements. Its propaganda to point out that he contradicts himself, is a hypocrite, often cannot make a coherent point and what that portends to his ability to run a country?
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 12:53 pm
@catbeasy,
This article reveals Trump for who he is; a liar who contradicts his own statements.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/donald-trump-2016-contradictions-213869

Some samplings of Trump's contradictions by his own words.
Quote:
Has anyone ever disagreed with Donald Trump more than Donald Trump?
“I have no intention of running for president.” (Time, September 14, 1987)
“I am officially running for president.” (New York, June 16, 2015)
“I don’t want it for myself. I don’t need it for myself.” (ABC News, November 20, 2015)
“I wanted to do this for myself. … I had to do it for myself.” (Time, August 18, 2015)
“Politicians are all talk and no action.” (Twitter, May 27, 2015)
“I’m not a politician.” (CNN, August 11, 2015)
“I’m no different than a politician running for office.” (New York Times, July 28, 2015)
“If I ever ran for office, I’d do better as a Democrat than as a Republican—and that’s not because I’d be more liberal, because I’m conservative.” (Playboy, March 1990)

Who is this guy, any way? Voters seem to think they know him, but Trump doesn't know himself!
catbeasy

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think what's dangerous for those with a wait and see attitude toward Trump is that they think he may not be what his words suggest he is.

What's worse is that, in my view, for most all that see things this way, if you replaced Trump with a democratic (essentially non-republican, non conservative candidate) politician, but put everything Trump said into the mouth of this replacement candidate, they would trounce this person in the same way we are now trouncing Trump.

Wonder if there will be surprise that they are stung after picking up the scorpion? Or perhaps they will look around for something else that stung them!
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:27 pm
@catbeasy,
Trump's been elected as our president. There's nothing more any one citizen can do but wait and see what happens during his tenure as president.

My only wish is that our country's economy continues to grow. At my age, not many other things matter.
McGentrix

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:34 pm
@catbeasy,
And the Dems would be continually to say "wait and see"... What makes you think anything would be different with the shoe on the other foot?
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Here's one conservative view of Trump
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/24/politics/donald-trump-fascism/index.html
reasoning logic

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
11/24/15?
0 Replies

catbeasy

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
What makes you think anything would be different with the shoe on the other foot?

I don't. You are exactly correct..what made you think I would think it any different?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Frugal1

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump's election got 0bama's stagnant economy energized & excited, the economy should grow once 0bama is a distant memory.
Baldimo

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 02:19 pm
@Frugal1,
Wow dude. Don't you think this is a little out of line? Don't be like a liberal and wish death on those you disagree with, be better than they are.
Frugal1

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 04:21 pm
@Baldimo,
No.

I refuse to let them dictate what is acceptable from me, while they have always been able to utilize as many tricks & games, threats & demands as they like with impunity. I've had my fill of that sh!t.
And if my opinion offends you, that's your problem - not mine.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 04:32 pm
The Islamic State (ISIS) has executed five Russian nationals on
accusations that they were spying within ISIS-controlled territory.

They were beheaded.

How should Putin retaliate ?

Release prisoners ?

Tell ISIS to cut it out ?

Supply them with advanced weaponry ?

Pay a huge ransom in cash ?

Present them with additional targets ?

0 Replies

Frugal1

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 04:42 pm

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15698156_1397638420260743_5174360841109014489_n.jpg?oh=c406dcfedbaed8ffe37f7fb3f3927204&oe=58E2B08F
0 Replies

Frugal1

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 04:54 pm
Obama administration now bringing in 290 Muslim migrants every day

MUSLIM CRUSADES Started Four Centuries Before the Western Crusades
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 06:25 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote Frugal:
Quote:
Trump's election got 0bama's stagnant economy energized & excited, the economy should grow once 0bama is a distant memory.

Stop lying. Before Obama took office, the the GDP was going DOWN at an annual rate of -8.2% annually. Now the GDP is going UP at a rate of +3.5% annually. That's an increase of 11.7% annually, inflation-adjusted. Which is NOT stagnant.

For Trump to equal what Obama did, the GDP has to be increasing at annual rate of +19.9% annually at the end of Trump's time in the White House. In order to beat Obama, he has to do even higher. Trump won't come anywhere NEAR that.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 06:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Wow dude. Don't you think this is a little out of line? Don't be like a liberal and wish death on those you disagree with, be better than they are.

Here's the problem with your post... nowhere in his post did he wish anybody to die.
Frugal1

Thu 29 Dec, 2016 06:56 pm
@giujohn,
Exactly!
0 Replies