monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:27 pm
@Setanta,
You're still in the dark regarding how the flying fig he got into power, right Setanta?

Everything about the last election is relevant to the current situation, and the fact that you're denying it continually, means deep down inside, you know it too.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:37 pm
Donald Trump dines, emperor style, in the Forbidden City

Kirsty Needham
November 9 2017

Beijing: US President Donald Trump got to play king in the palace of the Chinese emperors, The Forbidden City, privately dining and watching Peking Opera with his host Xi Jinping and the two leaders wives.

Arriving in Beijing on Wednesday afternoon to clear skies, Mr Trump and his wife Melania were shown the rare honour of spending hours in the ancient enclave on a personal tour with Mr Xi and First Lady Peng Liyuan, sipping tea, and inspecting rare Chinese cultural treasures.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trump-dines-emperor-style-in-the-forbidden-city-20171108-gzhlxm.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:38 pm
Start a thread on that B S, in that case. This is not the circus thread--it's not for a clown car full of conspiracy theorists.
Builder

Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:40 pm
@Setanta,
You'll need to point out what you consider to be "conspiracy theorists" to us all, Set.

I always link to a source for my posts, while you're content to make threats and accusations based on your personal concepts. Happy to see that the moderators have acted with honour on this.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:40 pm
Quote:
US conservatives are destroying their Keurig coffee machines after the company announced it would stop advertising on a Fox News programme.

Keurig is among five firms that said they would pull ads from The Sean Hannity Show after the host was accused of going easy on an alleged abuser.

He interviewed Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore about claims he assaulted a 14-year-old girl.

The Fox News host defended Mr Moore and cast doubt on the allegations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41972267
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:03 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I always link to a source for my posts . . . (emphasis added)

That is a bald-faced lie. It is also a lie that I make threats and accusations. Start a thread on your obsessive, conspiracy claims, this is not the place for it.
Builder

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:10 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
That is a bald-faced lie.
Oh really?
Quote:
It is also a lie that I make threats and accusations.

There's another one.

I note that you've had threats and false accusations against me removed by admin. tut-tut, set.

Here's some on-point recent news, regarding the president of the US of A

Quote:
14 November 2017 • 6:01am

President Donald Trump's oldest son on Monday released a series of private Twitter exchanges between himself and WikiLeaks during and after the 2016 election, including pleas from the website to publicise its leaks.

Donald Trump Jr.'s release of the messages on Twitter came hours after The Atlantic first reported them. In the exchanges - some of them around the time that the website was releasing the stolen emails from Democrat Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman - WikiLeaks praises his father's positive comments about the website and asks Mr Trump Jr. to release his father's tax returns to the site.

The revelations are expected to increase calls in Congress to have Mr Trump Jr. testify publicly as part of several committee probes into Russian interference in the 2016 election. And they add a new element to the investigations that have been probing for months whether Mr Trump's campaign colluded in any way with the Russian government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/14/donald-trump-jr-exchanged-messages-wikileaks-campaign/

I did my best to find some relevant news that didn't refer to HRC, but of course, that is effing impossible, when discussing the election of this president, set.

You might take some prior advice, and try growing a set, so you can deal with the reality of the situation.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:02 am
And here's your comment on my thread about Clinton's election results, Set.

Setanta

Quote:
Sun 13 Nov, 2016 03:10 pm
She screwed the pooch. She lost that election more than Trump won it. I certainly hope we've seen the end of her.

A year to the day when you said that.

https://able2know.org/topic/353272-1#post-6307050
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:11 am
Here you go, oralloy. An admission you can't deny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5HYUtYa3wI
Builder

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:50 am
What is interesting here, is that legitimate posts about trump get attacked and voted down .

It says a lot about the content of the membership here, rather than the a2k mindset.

I used to recommend this place to people, if they had a query about things. Now I'm in the bracket of thinking that it got overtaken, just like the OWS site got overtaken, and the operation mockingbird staff are what we're dealing with here.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:56 am
https://i.imgur.com/5fayge4.jpg
Builder

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I saw that too, Walter.

I'm thinking we're not privy to a lot of info that is about to emerge.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 03:52 am
Pretty startling article on Don Jr and his correspondence with WikiLeaks:

Quote:
“Hey Don. We have an unusual idea,” WikiLeaks wrote on October 21, 2016. “Leak us one or more of your father’s tax returns.” WikiLeaks then laid out three reasons why this would benefit both the Trumps and WikiLeaks. One, The New York Times had already published a fragment of Trump’s tax returns on October 1; two, the rest could come out any time “through the most biased source (e.g. NYT/MSNBC).”

The Atlantic
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 04:00 am
Quote:
I actually don't know what you are talking about here. Not Elliot Spitzer. Not Anthony Weiner. Not John Edwards. Not Gary Hart. The only example I can think of is Clinton but it's also the case that his popularity remained high with Americans generally (no doubt in part because of the viciousness of the campaign against him).

Relevant column by Michelle Goldberg:
I Believe Juanita
NYT
snood

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 04:32 am
I think Setanta's been correct in admonishing us to stay on course here. Notwithstanding that, and notwithstanding some member's like Lash wanting to focus on the Clintons to the exclusion of the current news, I think it's only fair (for me) to mention at least once that I think Bill Clinton committed crimes against women. Those women should have been believed, as well.

Bill Clinton: A Reckoning
Quote:
Feminists saved the 42nd president of the United States in the 1990s. They were on the wrong side of history; is it finally time to make things right?

Quote:
...Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones says, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.

It was a pattern of behavior; it included an alleged violent assault; the women involved had far more credible evidence than many of the most notorious accusations that have come to light in the past five weeks. But Clinton was not left to the swift and pitiless justice that today’s accused men have experienced. Rather, he was rescued by a surprising force: machine feminism. The movement had by then ossified into a partisan operation and it was willing—eager—to let this friend of the sisterhood enjoy a little droit de seigneur. ...

The Atlantic
blatham

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 04:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
He does that all the time, Walter. It's a promo/sales stunt and sometimes a distraction stunt. But I'm sure you know that.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 04:43 am
Roy Moore Reportedly Known to Cruise Hometown Mall for High School Girls While in His Thirties

Quote:
Adding to the pile of disturbing accusations made against Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore is the apparent open secret in his hometown that the one-time chief justice of the Alabama state Supreme Court used to cruise the local mall in Gadsden, Alabama looking to flirt with and sometimes pickup high school girls. Moore was in his early thirties and the county assistant district attorney at the time. Moore’s conduct got to the point where it was creepy enough he was commonly known at the time to have been banned from the mall, according to more than a dozen interviews with members of the community conducted by the New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/14/roy_moore_reportedly_known_to_cruise_hometown_mall_for_high_school_girls.html
blatham

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 04:55 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Democrats are guilty of apologizing for Clinton when they shouldn’t have. At the same time, looking back at the smear campaign against the Clintons shows we can’t treat the feminist injunction to “believe women” as absolute.
That's a very concise statement of how I think about the Clinton example. But I didn't flesh it out in my reply to Finn as I figured he probably doesn't accept the history as laid out by Toobin (and others). And we have to recall the myriad false smears (cocaine, murder, etc) that came out of this operation to bring Clinton down because all of that crap did damage to most attentive American's acceptance of any actual guilt on Clinton's part.

Good link, hightor. Thanks!
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 05:00 am
@snood,
Unfair. He was probably just shopping when school got out. Every day.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 14 Nov, 2017 05:08 am
@blatham,
This is the OP:

blatham wrote:
I've opened up this topic to keep track of what's going on post-election. Feel free to drop in passages/links from good analyses you bump into and any commentary you'd like to add.

My objection to what people do here is that in replying to right-wing rants about the Clintons or Mr. Obama, one is playing into the most prevalent tactic of the right--distracting the discussion of Plump and company with irrelevancies because the right doesn't want an open and continuous discussion of the many, many things that are wrong with this president and his administration.