monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
Walter Hinteler

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 07:13 am
@hightor,
orally wrote:
Another good point is, many mentally ill people are non-violent and vulnerable to predation, and probably should be allowed to have a gun to defend themselves.
I could imagine from own professional experiences that staff in psychiatric hospitals and the legal guardians of those not hospitalised have a different opinion.
Of course, most mentally ill will like that idea.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 07:39 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Do they think that most mentally ill people ARE violent?
I don't think so. But after having worked with them (mentally ill persons as well as other professionals dealing with them), for over two decades, I do think that violences can happen to them more often and unexpectedly than to healthy people.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 08:31 am
Guys, stop riling up an idiot and let us get this thread back on track.

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-foreign-minister-confirms-trump-putin-meeting-in-vietnam-59506

Trump to meet Putin in Vietnam. We find out, of course, from the Russian media. Why? Oh, just because.

I will bet you any amount of money you like that the man once again manages to arrange a meeting with zero outside witnesses other than Putin's translator.

Cycloptichorn
oralloy

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 08:51 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
idiot

Namecalling. Shame on you.

Besides they were riling themselves up about their hatred of the Second Amendment well before I logged in and started correcting their misstatements.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 09:05 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I will bet you any amount of money you like that the man once again manages to arrange a meeting with zero outside witnesses other than Putin's translator.
Not taking that bet.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 09:09 am
Quote:
Lewandowski: ‘My Memory Has Been Refreshed’ On Carter Page’s Email
TPM
That sounds believable.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 09:12 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Guys, stop riling up an idiot and let us get this thread back on track.
After ANOTHER mass killing by some shithead using a military weapon, it's understandable that people would post about it here. I did too.

But arguing with Oralloy is very obviously a waste of everyone's time.
blatham

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 09:15 am
Quote:
Over the fierce objection of Gov. Paul LePage (R), Maine voters rose up and passed Medicaid expansion under Obamacare tonight, becoming the first state in the country to do so by ballot initiative.

Opponents of expansion fought it with a blitz of late misinformation, as Alice Ollstein reports.

A local newspaper quoted one canvaser for the measure, whose father has cancer and high out-of-pocket costs, “People have gotten used to having health care and they’re not just going to let it go. People are now realizing health care is an individual right.”
TPM

Note that this was a ballot measure. And the bolded part is exactly what right wing dipshits wanted very much to avoid - citizens designing the shape of their government.
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 10:18 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Under federal law, you are correct. Still, when a background check is applied, we should be able to assume accuracy. False negatives are dangerous and false positives can be big problems, too.

Actually Roger, that is a truism that should apply across the board for everything!
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 10:39 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs are trivially easy to get materials for.

Still requires a lot more work to assemble parts and pieces and obtain explosives. Very inconvenient.
Quote:
It seems to me that if someone is proficient in changing magazines, having to change them more frequently would not significantly impact a semi-auto shooting spree.

Much easier to carry 3 or 4 extended capacity clips than a dozen that hold nine or ten rounds.

I believe that Olroy would not be allowed a gun he he was tested. He is truly deranged.

Funny that during hunting season, a person has to put a duck plug in their shotgun so they can't kill to many ducks in one family group; but, we don't limit assault weapon magazine capacity. Why, because it just wouldn't be right to limit mass murders' limits?
ossobucotemp

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 10:49 am
@blatham,
What a thought! Imagine embracing him..
ehBeth

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 10:52 am
@blatham,
Google image search gives you a few possible sources. None I'd link here.
blatham

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 11:05 am
@ossobucotemp,
Well, I have a rich imagination.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 8 Nov, 2017 11:06 am
@ehBeth,
I'll wait to see if he answers. Otherwise I won't bother.