monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 08:47 pm
@farmerman,
It's actually a very interesting scenario, taken in a "big-picture" kind of view.

We all know the Saudis are actively funding most of the terror activities the west is supposed to be fighting against, while donating money to both sides of the fence in US "politics".

I guess when you're the key buyer of weapons and munitions from the US of A, you get to call a few "shots" politically as well.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/23314478_496137560768334_1133825882_o.png?oh=71ec98d5d6cc6cf9c01a6fee6bbdfa97&oe=5A0066A1
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:06 pm
@georgeob1,
Well thank God you are not most people George. Sadly some of us have been led around by the nose by the evil, freedom hating criminals of the Democrat party, but now some of us are beginning to see the light. Remarkably, you are starting to make sense to me, now I see that its really all the stupid people who were not virtuous enough to pass muster and be allowed into the Republican Reformation who are at fault. I haven't yet been able to fathom how a Sarah Huckabee is of any use, but then again, I didn't think Trump might actually be a brilliant leader.....I probably don't see it because I'm not a Republican and sadly still labor under the impression that the fat guy who sports a duck tail hairdo is an unprincipled vulgar thug. I'm sure I'm mistaken but I still can't shake the feeling Sarah is a sanctimonious bully who wears garish makeup and ridiculous cheap false eyelashes. But she does try to balance the trampy look with Minnie Pearl type dresses and rubbery mouth twitches which might be confusing to non-cult members. Her one teeny tiny flaw is her inability to even try to conceal her utter contempt for reporters or frisky politicians who dare to think and represent their districts or States. Her breathtakingly towering scorn allows her to shamelessly lie to them because she doesn't believe the American people are entitled to be informed. I'm sure I'll learn to admire her determination. It just takes a little time and a steady diet of Fox and Friends.

So it's been taking me some time but eventually I will be able to follow your brilliant lead and mend my ways.......kind of like Jason Chaffetz who originally was so horrified by Trumps piggish behavior he couldn't look his daughter in the eye.......but after a whole month saw the light and endorsed Trump. Who knows, maybe I'll be converted.
Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:13 pm
@glitterbag,
If you're still banging on about partisan politics, you're part of the problem, glambag.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:29 pm
Which is pretty-much having the same effect as calling the president plump.

You and Set have effectiveness down pat. Congratulations.
glitterbag

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:46 pm
@Builder,
Oh Golly gee-whiz Builder, Is Trump a popular icon for you? Well hard cheese, I'm still a little steamed that you didn't keep Rupert on a shorter leash. Unless you take him back, I don't want to hear anything from you about corruption....you seem a nasty piece of work.....living in that glass house.
Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:46 pm
Hmmmm, the plot thickens. This prince was a major contributor to HRC's now defunct " charity" org.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-waleed-bin-talal.html
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I'm still a little steamed that you didn't keep Rupert on a shorter leash.

He's been a US citizen for quite some time now, and you'd be flat out like a lizard drinking to find anyone in Australia who still considers him to be Australian, but keep on flogging that dead horse, kiddo.

It's a good look for you. Really,.

Wow! waaaaaaay back in 1985. Who'd'a thunk it!?
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Glass house with a horde of White Supremacists......
Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:54 pm
@BillW,
You're much like your Englander cheerleader, in thinking I'm white, William.

glitterbag

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:58 pm
@BillW,
Ouch, I think you're right......honestly these boys break my heart....I'm just happy I didn't raise them.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 09:58 pm
@Builder,
Don't much care what color you are, traitors are traitors, met them too! A White Supremacist apologizer is a white supremacist and tRump is White Supremacist!
Builder

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 10:00 pm
@BillW,
A traitor to what, exactly, William?

Vagueness seems to be your strong point.

But back to our regular programme;

This ouster in the house of Saud appears to stretch to their television networks as well.

I wonder what the recent visit by US president Trump had to do with all of this. He did, after all, predict this before his ascension.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-04/saudi-national-guard-chief-economy-minister-out-in-reshuffle
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 4 Nov, 2017 11:57 pm
According to a WaPo-ABC poll, Trump's approval rating remains historically low and confidence has declined.
Quote:
Approaching the first anniversary of his victory over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election, Trump has an approval rating demonstrably lower than any previous chief executive at this point in his presidency over seven decades of polling. Fewer than 4 in 10 Americans — 37 percent — say they approve of the way he is handling his job.
WaPo
Builder

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
But according to hightor, fewer than 4 in 10 Americans are politically engaged.

roger

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:20 am
@Builder,
So, you're saying that 100% of those who are politically engaged disapprove of him.

I agree.
Builder

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:25 am
@roger,
I'd hazard a guess that after family and friends, he'd have an approval rating of about 27% of the population, which is currently about double of that of congress, but I don't hear too many peeps bleating about that figure, do you?

http://news.gallup.com/poll/220718/congress-approval-lowest-july-2016.aspx?g_source=CONGRESS&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles
roger

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:29 am
@Builder,
Family:yes. Not at all sure he has friends - unless you count the people who have been hired, but not yet fired.
Builder

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:32 am
@roger,
And yet I haven't heard any rumours of him killing anyone.

0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:38 am
I heard a radio piece on sucking-up this morning, a replay of a CBC Saturday morning show. The authors of a book, Sucking Up: A Brief Consideration of Sycophancy, had some interesting things to say, but I think they missed a point about political boot-lickers. A political sycophant serves his or her own interests, or those of someone with whom he or she is associated. You can read about this interview, and listen to it by clicking here.

So, for example, Mike Pence will be completely loyal, and will not deviate one iota from his loyalty, right up to the moment that it is clear that Plump is doomed beyond all doubt; then he'll cut the rope and keep climbing as Plump plummets to his political death. Kellyanne Conway, I am uncertain of, but I doubt that she'll regret the fall of Plump, if it transpires. Sarah Huckabee Sanders' interest is obvious--he father, Mike Huckabee, formerly the Governor of Arkansas, is now also looking at a run for Governor of Florida (having dropped out of the 2016 presidential primary campaign). Someone like Betsy DeVos is serving her own agenda, and probably sucks up less than Pence, Conway or Sanders. If Plump were to fall, she'd fit in nicely in the Pence cabinet--two peas in a pod. But the one I thought about the most, was Zinke, Secretary of the Interior. He was the one investigated for using charter flights, and is also under investigation for another issue. He's also the one who was found in the spotlight over the $300,000,000 contract to restore Puerto Rico's electrical transmission grid.

Because Zinke reminded me of Albert Bacon Fall. Fall was Secretary of the Interior in Warren Harding's administration, who was at the center of the Teapot Dome scandal. In fact, Albert Fall was the first cabinet secretary to be indicted, convicted and imprisoned for corruption--in his case, for taking bribes in 1921-22 (he was convicted in 1929). He was notorious for having said, during congressional hearings into Teapot Dome: "Sir, if you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and my straw reaches across the room, I'll end up drinking your milkshake." I'm not saying Zinke took any bribes--but Albert Fall could be an exemplar for the kind of man (or woman) that President Plump would be glad to have in his cabinet.
Builder

Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:50 am
@Setanta,
You might want to look at ancient partisan history, to provide some kind of random dated excuse for your innate hatred, but the rest of us are focused on the here and now, and it's become pristinely plain that your idea of a president is a career criminal, with blood on her hands before taking the stand.

And before you start banging on about plump, remember that we've already established that your queen put him on the podium, thinking she couldn't lose, after screwing over the people's choice in Sanders, by buying off the DNC for her own party plans.
0 Replies