monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 12:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
And it really makes me think less of his supporters that they either can't see this or that they simply don't care.

Unfortunately, "meets their needs" is becoming the apparent reason.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 01:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

That in many ways is the most infuriating part: there's no subtlety or skill to it, no real attempt at crafting a believable lie. They put no effort into it and lie reflexively and poorly. It's insulting and insipid. And it really makes me think less of his supporters that they either can't see this or that they simply don't care.

Cycloptichorn

It has been a very sad thing for me to realize that my feelings about several people in my real life will never be the same again. I could maybe forgive them for having voted for him; everyone makes mistakes. But when they can see just as well as I can what a petulant, dangerous fool he is, and they see just as I do the ill-advised and ineffectual way he 'governs', and they continue to support and defend him... I can't think of them in the same way I used to.
Blickers

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote ehBeth:
Quote:
I'm fairly sure you understand that #45 is talking about immigration into Europe by undesirable foreigners

Which is a constant theme on YouTube by Russian trolls posting about how now "Europe is ruined". As the heat from Mueller comes down, Trump makes it more and more clear he has already begun to audition for his RT TV network show when he absconds to Russia. Plans for the show reportedly include a weekly update from Putin himself on his progress fighting "NATO Expansionism and The New World Order".
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 01:24 pm
@snood,
sometimes admitting a mistake is a common human character weakness. I recall my dad an a neighbor had a running feud for about 10 years and it all revolved about something stupid about our respective dogs. After they made up (just after I got married the first time) they were like two blood brothers and I never found out what the hell the whole thing was about.
SO, dont be so unforgiving, try to laugh about it.
snood

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 01:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

sometimes admitting a mistake is a common human character weakness. I recall my dad an a neighbor had a running feud for about 10 years and it all revolved about something stupid about our respective dogs. After they made up (just after I got married the first time) they were like two blood brothers and I never found out what the hell the whole thing was about.
SO, dont be so unforgiving, try to laugh about it.

Yeah, admitting it was a mistake would be a whole 'nother thing. Continuing to support this nasty madman is just a little more than a silly difference between friends. I believe in forgiveness, but I find this to be a bridge too far.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 01:57 pm
I've been watching some of the Facebook/Google hearings. I must be missing something, because I just saw the FB official say (casually, with no apparent concern) that they were aware of Russian's input into their platform as early as 2015, and all throughout the election of 2016. I mean, what in the hell?
Blickers

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:09 pm
@snood,
I agree. Facebook acted like it was no big deal.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:15 pm

What do guys and gals think about this?
maporsche

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That ad is gross and likely ineffective.

That article is gross, biased, and a waste of my attention. The comments on that article are even worse.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That ad isn't particularly bad compared to many I've seen over the years. Shapiro is pretty ******* breathless in his opprobrium, which is hilarious considering that the leader of his party has done far more to divide our nation than any ad like this could do - and the rest of the GOP, including supporters such as yourself, are complicit in this.

Don't want a divided nation? The answer isn't to demand cleaner ads, it's to demand better from your own elected leaders. I wouldn't put up with a Democrat who acted the way that Trump and others in the GOP act. Republican voters are more than happy to put up with them.

I normally like Shapiro a lot and think he's a smart guy, this was a **** article and a real letdown compared to his usual analysis

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
[quote]http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/01/just-one-of-the-last-five-islamic-terrorists-in-us-were-native-born/?utm_medium=email[/quote]

So much for home grown.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:46 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Facebook acted like it was no big deal.

It's a global platform and big business that sells advertising space for profit.

Present Russian membership is in the millions, and rising.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Trump is not only divisive. He has too many character flaws including his bigotry and lying.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump is not only divisive. He has too many character flaws including his bigotry and lying.

Wow! That's a new take on things!
snood

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Wow! That's a new take on things!

Any "new take" would be a waste of effort, and likely inaccurate - since your president has always been the same foul, lying sack.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey CI! Hope you're doing great man

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:02 pm
@snood,
I know you don't like to admit it, but he's your president too. Unless you're a foreigner.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That's nice (truly) but yet another indication that this thread has become a Lefty Chat Room.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I haven't spoken to CI in about four years, nothing wrong with saying hi to an old friend.

This thread is open for anyone who wishes to discuss, of course. I think that it's a 'lefty chat room' because defending Trump and the current state of the right-wing in this country is a thankless task.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I said it was nice.

It's still a Lefty Chat Room