BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 07:42 am
@snood,
.....and, that's being nice to him!
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 08:04 am
@Setanta,
Sentana, he's "Uzzzzzz-becki-becki-stani"!
Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 08:15 am
@BillW,
Living seven years in the USA at least appears to make him a U.S.-based attacker.
BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 08:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Living seven years in the USA at least appears to make him a U.S.-based attacker.

For sure Walter! But, also he does show his allegiance. Terrorists can be long seated.

And, let me point out that the greatest form of terror in the USA and by far the most Americans killed from our beginning has been by White Supremacist bound organizations; of which, the tRump organization touts and emulates!
revelette1

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 08:58 am
@BillW,
I would just wish they would concentrate more on the nitty gritty ways of counter terrorism instead pushing for ideological solutions. But it is too much to expect from this administration.

Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:20 am
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/wQYhGSy.jpg

For those, who don't know where Uzbekistan is situated:
https://i.imgur.com/WzQZk5k.jpg
(Other Central Asian countries are e.g. Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, ...)
ehBeth

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm fairly sure you understand that #45 is talking about immigration into Europe by undesirable foreigners - not that nice white Europeans are the problem.
revelette1

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I didn't, but I didn't want to be the first or the only one to admit it. I could have looked it up, but, anyway, thanks. Wanted to know what kind of country it is, got this in seconds on google.

Quote:
Uzbekistan country profile. The land that is now Uzbekistan was once at the heart of the ancient Silk Road trade route connecting China with the Middle East and Rome. The country spent most of the past 200 years as part of Russia, and then the Soviet Union, before emerging as an independent nation in 1991.

BBC
BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:32 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I would just wish they would concentrate more on the nitty gritty ways of counter terrorism instead pushing for ideological solutions. But it is too much to expect from this administration.

ditto
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:35 am
@revelette1,
It is closer to a Russian attack than European! However, it is unfair to point fingers other than where it belongs, at ISSIL and ahole tRump who has no couth. Though, may I add I do like to stick my finger in Putin's eye; but, for the most part, Russians are good people - with the exception of their deplorable extreme right.
ehBeth

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:41 am
@BillW,
The language of the US far-right when talking about THE EUROPEAN PROBLEM !!!!! refers to the influx of dirty nasty wicked not white not Protestant people.

It's referenced regularly in far-right media sites. I will not be linking them here as I don't want to increase their SEO ranking.

BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:44 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah, I do know that ehBeth, but it does need to be constantly pointed out. It won't be long before our deplorable extreme right posters will be on board supporting the White Supremacist tRump Administration!
BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:47 am
@BillW,
.....and, I need to let everyone know that tRump is a contraction of "the Rump", or ahole! I would never glorify his name cause he is such a HUGH narcissistic bastard!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:48 am
Uzbek music/dance/food? the best. If there is an Uzbek resto anywhere near you -go. Like Turkish in many ways but with some interesting spicing variations.
BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:54 am
@ehBeth,
I have traveled a good part of the world and know many, many from other nationalities. To slam any nationality is disgraceful when 90%+ of all people are great. And, I too love multi national foods! Divide and conquer is not the right plan, unite and party for all!!!

However, I have no specific knowledge of Uzkek foods or people, thanks for your input ehBeth!
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:56 am
If Trump or his people are speaking, the chances are exceedingly high that what they are saying is false. Or stupid. Or both.
Quote:
Senator Jeff Flake, a Republican from Arizona who has broken with Mr. Trump, came to Mr. Schumer’s defense on Wednesday. “Actually, the Gang of 8, including @SenSchumer, did away with the Diversity Visa Program as part of broader reforms,” Mr. Flake wrote on Twitter. “I know, I was there.”

Democrats on Wednesday noted that Mr. Trump was quick to assail his political opponents and immigration policies less than 24 hours after the New York attack, even though his own White House declared it unseemly to talk about gun control policies in the immediate aftermath of the massacre in Las Vegas, in which a heavily armed American citizen shot and killed 58 people and injured hundreds of others.

“This is an unspeakable tragedy. Today is a day for consoling of survivors and mourning those we lost,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, said at the time, scolding those who called for more gun control. “There is a time and place for political debate, but now is a time to unite as a country.”
NYT
BillW

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 10:05 am
@blatham,
If we stopped pointing fingers, fomenting angry, dividing people we could one day live in peace - in the Congress; between blacks, whites, all races; between Christians, Muslims, all religions; between all countries - if only tomorrow could be the 1st day?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 10:56 am
Quote:
US senators have put on show several examples of what they believe to be Russia's attempt to influence US citizens via social media.
Facebook, Twitter and Google had previously shared with congressional investigators some examples of what they suspected to be adverts and messages posted by Russia-based "troll" operatives, but the material had not previously been made public - although some instances had already been identified by the press.
Below are the cases displayed during the Senate Subcommittee on the Judiciary's hearing on Tuesday.
Further examples are likely to be highlighted during a follow-up event, involving the same three companies, being held by the Senate Subcommittee on Intelligence later on Wednesday.

Examples at link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41829537
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 11:59 am
@blatham,
I would just observe that almost all of the lies of this administration are stupid. Transparently false, and ill-considered. A lot of them cause more problems for Plump and company than the annoyances they think to bury.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 12:15 pm
@Setanta,
That in many ways is the most infuriating part: there's no subtlety or skill to it, no real attempt at crafting a believable lie. They put no effort into it and lie reflexively and poorly. It's insulting and insipid. And it really makes me think less of his supporters that they either can't see this or that they simply don't care.

Cycloptichorn