monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Cycloptichorn

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 11:52 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's neither a 'witch hunt' nor is it 'outrageous.'

When Democrats abuse the law to harm innocent people who merely disagree with their political views, that is both outrageous and a witch hunt (not to mention ample justification for outlawing the Democratic Party in America).

You say this, but: the Democratic party isn't running ANY investigation into Trump right now. The Trump DoJ appointed a Republican special prosecutor to do so, and the House and Senate (both ran by the GOP) are doing so.

How can you pin this one on the Dem party when they aren't the ones, yaknow, running the investigations? They're not 'abusing the law.' I wonder what laws you even think are being abused, let alone how you think the Dem's are the ones doing it!

Quote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's also false to say that Trump and Pence had nothing to do with the crimes of Flynn; they most certainly did.

Can you present any evidence that Flynn even committed a crime? If so can you present any evidence that Trump or Pence was involved in whatever that crime is?
[/quote]

Flynn definitely committed several crimes, and both Trump and Pence knew about it. They were warned before hiring him that he was under FBI investigation!

Flynn illegally took payments from Russia and Turkey. He failed to report either on his disclosure forms. He also illegally held foreign policy conversations with Russian and Turkish officials before Trump was in office. Somehow managed to forget to disclose those on his security clearance forms. He illegally worked as a lobbyist for mid-east nuclear plants while holding an office in the white house simultaneously.

When called to testify before Congress, Flynn invoked the 5th amendment. He's previously directly said that doing so is evidence that one is guilty. Anyway, you'll find out about all this in greater detail when his indictment is released.

Cycloptichorn
hightor

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 01:46 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It was already common knowledge that Hillary had wrongfully deleted tens of thousands of emails.

But it wasn't common knowledge that Russia already had the stolen DNC and Podesta e-mails.
BillW

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 01:49 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
It was already common knowledge that Hillary had wrongfully deleted tens of thousands of emails.

But it wasn't common knowledge that Russia already had the stolen DNC and Podesta e-mails.

And, the tRump campaign knew these as early as April 24, 2016 from Papadoupolos. Long before the American populace knew this.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 01:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Do you think this Mueller fellow is ignorant of the fact that you can't charge a sitting president?

He doesn't have to charge Trump. If members of his inside team are proven to have engaged in illegal activities and if evidence suggests that Trump knew about or directed these activities I'm sure impeachment charges will ensue.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 01:58 pm
@hightor,
Not only that, but it's not a rock-solid fact that a sitting president can't be indicted.

Cycloptichorn
hightor

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:03 pm
Zardoz wrote:

"If this isn't evidence of collusion, then nobody understands what the word "collusion" means."

Samuel W. Buell, Duke Law professor

Author of the book: "Capital Offences: Business Crime and Punishment in America's Corporate Age"

That pretty much say it all doesn't it? George Popadopoulos has pled guilty and will testify to the collusion going on between the Russian government and the Trump campaign, what the Russian offered and what the Trump campaign received. Everything after this will simply be anti-climatic. The fat lady has sung all that is left now is Trump sitting upstairs in the Whitehouse cursing the wall of televisions until they come to take him away. Trump made a deal with the devil and the devil always wins in the end.

The indictments were like a thunder clap over Washington sending a message to those who have lied to protect Trump that they are no longer playing in the minor leagues. The stakes are life and death. George Popadopoulos better be in the witness protection program because all of Trump's mafia friends will be out to "solve" Trump's problems their way. Trump will not just pack up his tent and leave any politician that would collude with Russia to win an election will double down rather than fold.

Don't be surprised as the end draws near that a makeshift army of Nazis, racist, and NRA members descend on Washington DC in an effort to save there hero. Up until now the biggest armed insurrection since the civil war took place here in WV. Called the battle of Blair Mountain when an army of coal miners took on the mine owners and the police they owned. Trump is a bully and has made threats before. Trump will be removed but not before the blood flows down the streets of Washington. A man that conspires with Russia will do anything. There is no level that he can't stoop to.

https://able2know.org/topic/170827-110

BillW

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Not only that, but it's not a rock-solid fact that a sitting president can't be indicted.

Cycloptichorn

I'm looking forward to the FBI prep walking tRump and his gang out of the White House in hand cuffs!
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:47 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I'm looking forward to the FBI prep walking tRump and his gang out of the White House in hand cuffs!

Yeah, that'll happen. Rolling Eyes
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:49 pm
@hightor,
You agree with Mr. Zardoz?
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:51 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Do you think this Mueller fellow is ignorant of the fact that you can't charge a sitting president?

He doesn't have to charge Trump. If members of his inside team are proven to have engaged in illegal activities and if evidence suggests that Trump knew about or directed these activities I'm sure impeachment charges will ensue.

That's a big "If," but I agree with you except that the evidence will have to do more than suggest.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Mr. Finn, I really don't agree with anybody and in any case "being in agreement" is certainly not my criterion for posting quoted material. "Let a hundred flowers bloom" and all that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

BillW wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Yeah, that'll happen. Rolling Eyes

You're correct that this won't happen, I just remember that the Clinton DoJ authored an opinion in the 90's that the president was not, in fact, immune from indictment.

One interesting thing I've been thinking about lately is the plane ride earlier this year, in which Trump authored Trump Jr's response to the allegations that he met with the Russians to talk about Clinton dirt during the campaign:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-dictated-sons-misleading-statement-on-meeting-with-russian-lawyer/2017/07/31/04c94f96-73ae-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.9a57164c9912

The response they went with (that they met to talk about the 'adoption of Russian children') was a lie, and a transparent one at that. Trump personally insisted on putting out that lie rather than telling the truth. Why would he ever do such a thing? Was it an attempt to cover up criminal behavior? We don't know what Mueller knows, but if there's evidence that more was talked about during that meeting (and c'mon, we all know there was) and that Trump KNEW about it and directly lied in order to obscure it, it definitely fits the Obstruction of Justice pattern that Trump is clearly engaging in.

Hope Hicks is due to be interviewed by the FBI next week. She's only 28. Think she's going to take a fall for Trump or tell the truth?

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:27 pm
Forgot to add to the last post that Hicks was on that plane ride. Wonder what she'll say to the FBI and Mueller about what was discussed.

Investigators should probably also ask if she and Trump have had a physical relationship in the past or currently.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:27 pm
Impeach means to indict. If the Prez can't keep a cabinet together, and the 25th amendment is invoked, then he damn well can be indicted in the ordinary manner once they get his plump butt out of the oval office.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:33 pm
I see that history isnt one of the strong points of this regime. I heard Kelly state that the Civil War "resulted from the fact that no compromises were made". IS THAT A DUHH?
Ante Bellum years were strewn with all sorts of compromises, does Kelly not know that?? Wasnt he a graduate of the Academy at West Point?

Kelly could have benefited by a good read of Snood's Thread "The Confederacy was about Slavery"
Cycloptichorn

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:39 pm
@farmerman,
It was an absolutely baffling statement. But then again, Kelly is a scumbag, I have no idea why he's so lauded by people. Dude ran Gitmo for a long time and defended several soldiers who committed some pretty shitty abuses.

Cycloptichorn
ossobucotemp

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thanks, I didn't know the Gitmo situation re Kelly. Not that I've liked him lately, but back when he first joined Trump et al, I was giving him a chance.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:50 pm
@ossobucotemp,
He's a real jerk.

https://www.aclu.org/other/john-kelly-facts

Quote:
- As the General in charge of the Guantanamo Bay Detention facility, Kelly publicly criticized efforts to close Guantanamo (Source) and was accused by Obama Administration officials of working to undermine the President’s efforts to close the facility. (Source)
- Opposed and publicly criticized the integration of women into military ground combat units, arguing it would lead to lower standards. (Source)
- Defended the use of “enhanced interrogation techniques”, such as waterboarding and rectal feeding. Kelly went on to dismiss the criticisms of human rights groups as “foolishness”. (Source)
- Testified in support of an officer caught urinating on talibani corpses. (Source)
- Supports the imprisonment of terror suspects without trial. (Source)
- Criticised by Amnesty International for his “unsafe and inhumane” treatment (Source) of Guantanamo detainees on hunger strike to protest their imprisonment. (Source)
- Supports the war on drugs and opposes legalization or decriminalization of any drugs, including marijuana. (Source)
- A proponent of border security, Kelly believes that “no wall will work by itself” and has warned about the “existential threat” that unchecked migration poses for the nation. (Source)

Cycloptichorn
farmerman

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 04:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I was out oof touch for about 3 weeks and missed all this day to day shot that theTrumpies try to plate for us to swallow. Why arent the GOPers starting to realize that THEY are being played by these clowns??
0 Replies

snood

Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I remember getting a negative impression of him when they first started sticking a microphone in his face during the campaign and he started agreeing with or excusing everything Plump said. He covered for him when he maligned the Gold Star family and when he insulted John McCain. They've been using him for cover all along. Now everyone can see what a scumbag he is. Well, everyone who will see, can see.
0 Replies