monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:00 am
@izzythepush,
that 800000 year line is based upon CO2 levels from Greenland Ice Cores. So there is some real world data around which to compare.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:01 am
@blatham,
Hi, Bernie. I haven't bought it yet, still deciding on getting a spanking new iMac desk top, thus making payments, or a refurbished one from two or three sources I've selected, there being pros and cons either way. Meantime, I slog along with the old mac that I've lived with for more than a decade, nursing it along - except now there is almost nothing to nurse there as it's almost completely dead.

I had sent back the Dell, too heavy by far and quite foreign to Ms. Picky.

How are you these days?
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:02 am
@oralloy,
If Plump tries to fire Mueller (which would certainly require firing of assistant Atty General and two others). The GOP stated that this would be the end of the Plump regime
cameronleon

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:05 am
@izzythepush,
There are YouTube videos showing how ice is "melting" and lots of things which were buried in ice are now being exposed.

Well, there are even bodies of Italian soldiers in a mountain from WW2 exposed from melting ice.

The common idea is that ice will accumulate throughout thousands of years and be compressed continually be the layers of snow becoming ice.

But, who the hell is thinking that our planet has no variations in its climate by natural means?

An internal variation in the interior of our planet can cause the warming or cooling of the submarine water currents like "el niño" and the whole climate can change for several years and reverse the accumulation of ice and melt it for years and years.

Surely wasn't human intervention the melting of ice in the last "ice era" which left lots of traces like frozen mammoths (even with leaves in their mounts and undigested good ate recently by them).

Our planet has circles which are disparate and don't obey any human intervention, which buy the way, is an invention created by people who just love to be alarmists.

We, humans must adapt to the changes, we can't control climate, and using solar panels won't cool the weather, such is a fantasy.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:05 am
@farmerman,
Who in the GOP said that?
farmerman

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:12 am
@snood,
I know knot. It was reported this AM on the BBC hour on PBS. Is it fake news from the BBC?
snood

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:17 am
@farmerman,
I don't know if it's fake news if not. I just know that I ysyalky like a little more siecufucity than saying an entire political party "says" something-or-other. It's like saying the Democrats think Hillary is s traitor, or Washington says that Russia is lying. It doesn't say anything.
farmerman

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:20 am
@snood,
well, your arguments are with BBC, I just transferred from the news broadcast.
RELAX, he will be impeached, I cannot believe the US population will remain obtuse and numbed by his aura of "street wise"
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Blanket pardons can reasonably be construed as obstruction of justice.

No. There would not be anything even remotely reasonable about such a conclusion.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:39 am
Quote:
Former Trump Foreign Policy Adviser Pleaded Guilty in Mueller Probe

A former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, George Papadopoulos, secretly pleaded guilty as part of Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Bloomberg News' Tom Schoenberg reports.

Papadopoulos had suggested that Donald Trump meet with top Russian leaders during the campaign. He pleaded guilty to making false statements during an interview with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Developing...

Bloomberg

snood

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

well, your arguments are with BBC, I just transferred from the news broadcast.
RELAX, he will be impeached, I cannot believe the US population will remain obtuse and numbed by his aura of "street wise"

I don't have any argument and I'm pretty much relaxed as I get. The information was vague, that's all.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:45 am
@revelette1,
That's huge, because it represents a direct connection to Trump's campaign.
revelette1

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:48 am
@snood,
Huffington post has a little more:

Quote:
WASHINGTON ― A foreign policy adviser to President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has pleaded guilty to a charge of lying to FBI agents.

George Papadopoulos, 30, pleaded guilty on Oct. 5, 2017, but the case wasn’t unsealed until Monday, when two other Trump associates were indicted by a federal grand jury. Papadopoulos reached a plea deal with prosecutors, indicating he’s cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Prosecutors’ statement of the offense indicates that Papadopoulos “made material false statements and material omissions” during a Jan. 27, 2017, interview with the FBI.

He told the FBI an overseas professor had “told him about the Russians possessing ‘dirt’ on then-candidate Hillary Clinton in the form of ‘thousands of emails,’ but stated multiple times that he learned that information prior to joining the campaign,” according to court documents. In fact, Papadopoulos was contacted after he learned he’d be joining the campaign, and the professor only mentioned the “thousands of emails” after he’d been on the Trump campaign for more than a month.

The professor, the statement indicates, had “substantial connections to Russian government officials” even though Papadopoulos claimed the professor was “a nothing.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

HP
0 Replies

snood

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:54 am
Fox News is actually trying to ignore the whole indictments story. Spending a lot of time talking about kneeling football players insulting their country. Sad.

<edit> Okay, they're a little slow on the uptake, but they are getting around to it now..,
revelette1

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 08:56 am
@snood,
Are you in a doctors office being forced to watch Fox? Just kidding. I have it on MSNBC. Only watch tv news on days like today.
snood

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 09:06 am
@revelette1,
LOL
I try to make it a point to keep an eye on what kinds of things they report and how they report them. It helps to know how the other side thinks.
0 Replies