monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 05:49 pm
KellyAnne says they had a "tremendously successful week". I can't wait to see how they spin the arrests into something positive about the Trump administration.
glitterbag

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 06:34 pm
@snood,
I'll bet it will be so obnoxiously stupid and insulting everyone but the most ardent Trump followers will vomit.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 06:44 pm
Cleaning out the non-believers.
Quote:
The Wall Street Journal’s editorial features editor has left the paper following tensions over the section drifting in a pro-Donald Trump direction.

News of the departure of Mark Lasswell, who edited op-eds for the Journal, comes as the paper’s internal tensions over Trump have begun to spill into public view. The reliably hawkish, pro-trade, small government conservative Journal op-ed page has been challenged by the rise of the populist, nationalist Trump movement. The Journal’s opinion pages have been a showcase for the intra-right divide over Trump, featuring Trump-sympathetic writers like Bill McGurn alongside anti-Trump columnists such as Bret Stephens. Lasswell appears to be a casualty of that divide, and his dismissal a victory for the pro-Trump faction on the editorial staff.

According to two sources with direct knowledge of the situation, Lasswell was in effect phased out over a period of months from the paper. He took a book leave during the election following conflict with his boss Paul Gigot, the editorial page director, about the extent to which the page should run material sympathetic to Trump.
Atlantic
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:17 pm
Quote:
President Donald Trump lied for seemingly no reason on Twitter today, claiming the John F. Kennedy files were released “long ahead of schedule” when they were actually released two days late.

According to the National Archives, the scheduled release date of all the JFK data was supposed to be October 26. However, the files were not released in their entirety until October 28
mediate

Trump, as I said before, is proud of his lying and statements like this are boasts about it. And they are also, of course, taunts at the news media, "I'm the President and I can lie whenever I like about anything and there's really nothing you can do about it"
roger

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:26 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

. . . and I can lie whenever I like about anything and there's really nothing you can do about it"

Well, is there?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:33 pm
This really is worth reading, folks
Quote:
Seven Frequently Asked Mueller Indictment Questions for Which We Don’t Have the Answers
Lawfare
BillW

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:46 pm
@blatham,
Regarding :

Quote:
According to the National Archives, the scheduled release date of all the JFK data was supposed to be October 26. However, the files were not released in their entirety until October 28

Many, in fact most files have still not been released:

Quote:
The administration began to release some of the documents Thursday evening, making more than 2,800 records public.
But Trump agreed not to release the full tranche of records, acquiescing to last-minute requests from national security agencies that some of those records remain classified. Those documents included files that raised concerns over the possible impact of their release on US national security, law enforcement and foreign relations.
Trump wanted more of the documents released, but when the final requests from government agencies hit his desk on Thursday, there wasn't enough time to go through the hundreds of records the agencies wanted to keep secret, two US officials said.
"He was unhappy with the level of redactions," a White House official said, adding that Trump believed the agencies were "not meeting the spirit of the law."
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement Thursday night that Trump "has demanded unprecedented transparency from the agencies and directed them to minimize redactions without delay."
On Friday morning, Trump pledged to release more of the secret files, but did not commit to making them all public.
"JFK Files are being carefully released," he tweeted. "In the end there will be great transparency. It is my hope to get just about everything to public!"
Trump's decision to begin releasing the documents came at the end of a months-long review of the classified records, during which tensions flared between intelligence and law enforcement agencies and the National Archives over what information should be withheld from the public.
Further secrecy would likely keep conspiracy theories about Kennedy's assassination alive, encouraging those who have questioned official conclusions and argued that the government helped cover up the truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/28/politics/trump-jfk-files-full-release/index.html

tRump did not start and therefore complete the project of reviewing files before the required release date because, well simply, his administration is incompetent because he is incompetent!
0 Replies

roger

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:47 pm
@blatham,
I read it. I still don't know.
blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:56 pm
Voices from the right - David Brooks
Quote:
As other relationships wither, many Americans are making partisanship the basis of their identity — their main political, ethnic and moral attachment. And the polls show that if you want to win a Republican primary these days, you have to embrace the Trump narrative, and not the old biblical one.

The Republican senators greeted Trump on Capitol Hill and saw a president so repetitive and rambling, some thought he might be suffering from early Alzheimer’s. But they know which way the wind is blowing. They gave him a standing ovation.
NYT
BillW

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:23 pm
@blatham,
Voices from the Bill:

That is what is so sad, to give trillions of $ to their very wealthy patrons they are selling out all of America to the Fascists!
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 12:20 am
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
KellyAnne says they had a "tremendously successful week". I can't wait to see how they spin the arrests into something positive about the Trump administration.

Kid Rock is going to release a single called The Perp Walk Stroll.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 01:48 am
Quote:
Cuba says there have been no sonic attacks against US embassy staff in its capital, Havana, and that the claims are a "political manipulation" aimed at damaging bilateral relations.
Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez dismissed allegations of any kind of attack as "totally false".
The US said nearly two dozen personnel had health problems after the alleged attacks and cut its staff as a result.
Reports suggest sonic attacks were to blame, but nothing has been proven.
Washington has not blamed Havana for the alleged attacks, and the Cuban government has previously denied targeting embassy staff.
The US expelled 15 Cuban diplomats, saying that Havana had failed to protect its employees, but Cuba said the move was "unjustified".
The US government also suspended visa processing in Cuba indefinitely.
Speaking in Washington at a meeting of Cubans living in the US, Mr Rodriguez said the allegations have caused a "serious deterioration in the relationship between both governments and both countries".
"It's unacceptable and immoral, from the point of view of the Cuban government, for people to be harmed by a difference between governments," he added.
The reported health problems ranged from mild brain trauma and deafness to dizziness and nausea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-41792593
Builder

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The reported health problems ranged from mild brain trauma and deafness to dizziness and nausea.

As opposed to PTSD and other lifelong psyche disorders from the ongoing experiments in deprivation and torture on political prisoners in Guantanamo Bay US concentration camp. (that the previous admin promised to close)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:56 am
Quote:
Roger Stone, a high-profile supporter of Donald Trump, has been suspended from Twitter after using the network to attack journalists.
Stone, who advised Trump during his presidential campaign, said he had been told he had violated Twitter's rules.
His suspension came hours after he used abusive and homophobic language to target journalists, including a gay CNN presenter, Don Lemon.
Twitter has not commented or confirmed if Stone's suspension is permanent.
Stone was an aide to President Richard Nixon in the 1970s, and became a political consultant. He claims in the Netflix documentary Get Me Roger Stone that he got Mr Trump to run for president.
While he acted as an adviser during the early days of the Trump campaign, he left his role in disputed circumstances in August 2015 - Mr Stone says he quit, Mr Trump says he was fired.
Since then, Mr Trump has tried to put some distance between himself and Mr Stone, who regularly appears on network television to support his former employer.
Over several hours on Saturday, Mr Stone took to Twitter to attack CNN and New York Times journalists over their reporting.
His attacks came hours after CNN reported that the first charges had been laid by a grand jury in the investigation into Russian influence on the 2016 election.
In a Facebook post, Mr Stone said he believed his suspension should have ended "some time ago yet my Twitter feed is still not functional".
He added: "Several media outlets are reporting that I have been permanently banned but Twitter has not informed me that that is the case."
One of the people he targeted on Saturday, CNN contributor Ana Navarro, said she did not sympathise with Mr Stone over his suspension.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41794002
Blickers

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 08:23 am
@izzythepush,
It's kind of weird that Roger Stone made anti-gay comments against Don Lemon in 2017, when homosexuality is basically considered okay. Thirty years ago Stone himself was trying to deny revelations that the family values Reaganism he pushed clashed with his regular attendance with his wife at BDSM clubs. Among other things, the clubs were noted for women locked in cages suspended from the ceiling.

Quote:
In 1996, Stone resigned from a post as a volunteer spokesman in Robert Dole's campaign for president after the National Enquirer wrote that Stone had placed ads and pictures in racy publications and a website seeking sexual partners for himself and his second wife, Nydia. Stone denied the report. On the Good Morning America program he said: "An exhaustive investigation now indicates that a domestic employee who I discharged for substance abuse on the second time that we learned that he had a drug problem is the perpetrator who had access to my home, access to my computer, access to my password, access to my postage meter, access to my post-office box key." Stone has since admitted that the ads were authentic.

Source
0 Replies

revelette1

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 09:08 am
@snood,
I am not sure they are going to spin it much, I think they are relying on misdirection and pro-Trumpers in the house and senate will be right there with them. Talking about the 'dossier' and the uranium deal and of course conducting investigations and hearings with as much noise as possible. Of course they will be demonizing the media as usual. Their tactics have worked this long, why quit now and actually defend themselves?

The 'dossier' and the uranium deal: Guide to latest allegations (WP)
BillW

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 09:34 am
@revelette1,
And they have the most powerful tool ever created at their disposable - unlimited pardon power!
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 10:06 am
@blatham,
do the GOP Senators remind one of thise funny hatted generals smiling and hanging off Kimmy un's dreadful haircut?

revelette1

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:12 pm
Perhaps it is Kushner who will be indicted tomorrow?

Kushner makes unannounced visit to Saudi Arabia: report

ehBeth

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:22 pm
@revelette1,
If you looked at my twitter feed, you'd think everyone is going to be arrested tomorrow. So many interesting guesses.