monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:27 pm
I hope it's Mike Flynn.
BillW

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:34 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Off the record, my guess is the Russian in the tRump Jr collusion affair. He has a whole bunch of good stuff!

Another thing I've thought about; Mueller is quit smart. If he made sure that it would get out on the street a sealed indictment might he opened on Monday; well, there are a lot of agents, wiretap/internet warrants and any means at his disposable to watch many suspects to see what they are doing/saying this weekend.
ehBeth

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:37 pm
@BillW,
I've read something similar.

I wonder if there are any betting sites taking this on.
BillW

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:39 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Perhaps it is Kushner who will be indicted tomorrow?

Kushner makes unannounced visit to Saudi Arabia: report

But, Kushner and Michael Moore are such good buddies:

Michael Moore ✔@MMFlint
11) For now, at least, I know I still have one fan in the White House (thx for your unwavering support, Jared!) pic.twitter.com/mTwLxW4KgR

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/924464172515102720/photo/1

0 Replies

BillW

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

ehBeth, I want to note that both of those are my guesses. I want it to be the Russian because he would have so much information and part of that is the tRump Tower in St Petersburg!, or, was it Moscow? And, if tRump pardoned him, that would activate so many Republicans, I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HUGE THAT WOULD BE!

Don't forget, he got US citizenship! If he promised to denounce his citizenship and return to Russia for everything he knows and testify, well, I think Mueller would take it. I would.
snood

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I googled, and didn't find any. But there are a bunch of them taking bets on the chances of impeachment.
0 Replies

BillW

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:09 pm
@BillW,
It is also a very HUGE move toward a RICO charge on tRump! Could even the Republicans allow tRump to get away with a RICO conviction?

Also, don't forget, a pardon is a conviction. If a state has rights to similarly related charges, acceptance of a pardon is prima facie evidence that person is guilty on the states charges - whammo, jail time!
Blickers

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:45 pm
@BillW,
Quote BillW:
Quote:
Mueller is quit smart. If he made sure that it would get out on the street a sealed indictment might he opened on Monday; well, there are a lot of agents, wiretap/internet warrants and any means at his disposable to watch many suspects to see what they are doing/saying this weekend.

It's a brilliant scenario, but I don't think so. Mueller seems to be a classic investigator, one who works by gathering mountains of evidence over time and breaking people down bit by bit with charges based on that evidence until he has the case sewn up. Most quality investigators like Mueller don't employ creative schemes that nobody ever thought of before. They just wear down the targets until they get them to confess in exchange for lighter or no prison time, depending on their role in the crime.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:52 pm
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
I hope it's Mike Flynn.

Flynn is immensely unlikeable and villianous. I would be surprised if he's the one, though, because the whole idea of indicting is to get someone to turn evidence, and Flynn's lawyer has been publicly begging for someone to let Flynn tell his story and turn evidence for quite awhile. Mueller doesn't have to be concerned about Flynn folding, Flynn's been openly auditioning for a fold for half a year.
oralloy

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:52 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
It is also a very HUGE move toward a RICO charge on tRump! Could even the Republicans allow tRump to get away with a RICO conviction?

Can't charge a sitting president. Nevermind the fact that you are assuming crimes and evidence that probably don't exist.

BillW wrote:
Also, don't forget, a pardon is a conviction.

Actually it is kind of the opposite.

BillW wrote:
If a state has rights to similarly related charges,

That's a pretty huge "if".

BillW wrote:
acceptance of a pardon is prima facie evidence that person is guilty on the states charges

Not really.

BillW wrote:
prima facie evidence that person is guilty on the states charges - whammo, jail time!

Since when are people jailed over prima facie evidence?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:56 pm
@BillW,
I didn't know that re state charges or did I.. yes, I think it's been mentioned here recently.

Carry on, all.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:30 pm
@Blickers,
Portrait of a villain Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:32 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

blatham, A false dichotomy, yes - but it is regardless, a dichotomy...... in no way do I nor did I before disagree with you. Your discussion is certainly needed and correct.

Don't want to contradict Dear Leader Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:34 pm
@blatham,
David Brooks is from the Right?

The PBS notion of the Right.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:38 pm
@BillW,
Nonsense
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:41 pm
Similar, except you have nothing to tear

http://cincinnatizoo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/goat-tugs-SM.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 04:54 pm
Joy Reid, on Dean Obeidallah's XM radio show Saturday:

"Trumpism is actually a thing - it's making children more coarse and cruel to each other. It's allowing kids to use racist slurs against each other in his name and use sexist slurs in his name. His supporters don't care that he is vulgar - they are actually glad that he is vulgar and crude. Nor do they care about the economy or 'cuts to their 401K'. They just want him to crush us. "
BillW

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 06:08 pm
@snood,
I can say that I have seen adults be more emboldened, also; still claiming to not being racist. I find it interesting there doesn't seem to be an uptick in misogyny? Maybe do to the "me too" success?
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 06:16 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I read it. I still don't know.
That makes all of us.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
do the GOP Senators remind one of thise funny hatted generals smiling and hanging off Kimmy un's dreadful haircut?
Why, yes they do. The old swamp stunk way less than this new swamp.
0 Replies