monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:17 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
The only thing I learned in this latest "revelation" is that the conservatives were associated with the Washington Free Beacon specifically.
Yes. I'd presumed a GOP presidential challenger.

Quote:
it was never used in the campaign
I believe that is the case. The Buzzfeed story didn't come out until Jan this year.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:26 pm
@glitterbag,
I have a suspicion she was trained by Ari Fleisher. I initially liked Mike Huckabee but once he figured out (like Palin figured out) that the way to make a real killing is in the big right wing grift machine, he became just another lying ****. The daughter is now playing the same game. Two ugly humans.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:27 pm
Code:Adam Parkhomenko‏Verified account @AdamParkhomenko 49m4

If you don’t watch cable:

CNN: First Charges in Mueller Investigation

MSNBC: First Charges in Mueller Investigation

FOX: Impeach Hillary
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:30 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Damn GB, you did a case study.

I didn't have to do a study, I've lived a long time and I pay attention. You really don't have to be a genius to recognize a bully. Sadly, ol saddlebags is a bully.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:30 pm
Brian Beutler (he's now at Crooked) has a very good piece on the GOP's latest faux scandal. It's here
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:36 pm
Twitter buzz is Podesta is Queen For The Day Monday, courtesy Mueller.
0 Replies

BillW

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:39 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Conservatives who are appalled by this egregious violation of our nation's high political standards (yeah, right) haven't seemed to notice that,

Yeah, this is jaywalking compared to what tRump and his campaign did, killed the jaywalker.

The difference between the comparison of the Democratic Campaign to the jaywalker, is jaywalking is illegal and what the dem campaign did was monetarily support legal opposition research!
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 08:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
I didn't claim she set up a sting, I simply suggested that it was curious that she invited her anti-Trump, headline-grabbing, congresswoman to attend.

In other words, you are implying the bereaved wife set up a sting.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 09:04 pm
Yes Blickers did, bravo Blickers
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 10:50 pm
It is worth noting that the widow, her mother- and father-in-law and the Congresswoman were in the car when the call came in. It's a bit much to imply that it was a set-up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 27 Oct, 2017 11:00 pm
The entertainment never ends with this administration. The now notorious Whitefish contract for rebuilding the power grid in Puerto Rico is the latest show in the never ending three-ring circus which is President Plump's executive administration. A reporter has discovered some unusual provisions in the contract:

Quote:
On Thursday, the contract itself was obtained by journalist Ken Klippenstein, who identified a number of unusual provisions in the deal, including a clause that bars the federal government from auditing the company's costs and profits.

The story from CNBC (a deplorable web site).

New Interior secretary Zinkie denies any involvement in the contract and " welcomes" an investigation. Can anyone say "Teapot Dome?"
farmerman

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 04:11 am
@Setanta,
so, we are gonna first gonna impeach the Secy of Interior?
Ya think Humpty ven has a clue of what goes on around him??

I read that the company receiving the contracts had only 4 employees last summer. So a "basis of need" (no-bid) contract was not even a consideration. Doin it so much in the open is what bothers me most. They take the entire American public for a bunch of idiots while they play with their their diversions.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 05:42 am
Quote:
The White House has distanced itself from a $300m (£228m) contract awarded to a tiny Montana firm to help reconstruct Puerto Rico's power grid.
The press secretary spoke out as President Donald Trump asked his Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke if he had any role in the Whitefish Energy deal.
Federal authorities have expressed "significant concerns" about the contract, and are reviewing it.
Some 75% of Puerto Ricans have no power five weeks after Hurricane Maria.
At Friday's daily White House briefing, questions persisted over why a little-known, two-year old firm with no experience of work on this scale was awarded the contract so quickly.
Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters the "federal government has nothing to do with this contract".
She said they would look forward to the results of an ongoing audit.
The press secretary deflected a question about campaign donations made by a major Whitefish investor to the Trump campaign and allied groups during the 2016 election.
Ms Sanders also revealed that Mr Trump asked Mr Zinke at the White House earlier on Friday "just for clarification purposes" if he had any role in the process.
Mr Zinke "reiterated once again that we have no role - the federal government, and specifically he had no role in that contract", according to the press secretary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41780916
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 05:59 am
Quote:
Facebook has announced measures to make political advertising on the social media platform more transparent.
Political advertisers will have to verify their identity and location and their posts will carry a disclosure saying "paid for by".
The steps come amid allegations that Russian-backed groups used social media ads to interfere in the US election.
Executives from Facebook and other internet giants will testify before a Senate hearing on Tuesday.
"When it comes to advertising on Facebook, people should be able to tell who the advertiser is and see the ads they're running, especially for political ads," Rob Goldman, Facebook's vice president of ads, said in a blog post.
By clicking on the "paid for by" disclosure, users would be able to see more details about the advertiser, he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41785158<br />
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:44 am
Trump's response to women who have accused him of sexual assault is "they are liars".

This is Trump's most common response to anyone who criticizes him whether from people in his past or opposing candidates or the news media.

It's no coincidence that he behaves this way while being, himself, the most openly dishonest politician in our lifetimes and surely longer than that.
blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 07:58 am
More on lying...

Limbaugh is one individual who has been as responsible as anyone for the degradation of US political life through serial dishonesty. And he set the modern model for using dishonesty (and malice) as a means to get very rich ($60 million or so every year).
Quote:
And it just-- folks, it illustrates to a T, this league [NFL] doesn't get it. They're run by a bunch of left-wing execs, many of whom have never been in football before. They come from marketing and retailing. There are some women in ranking positions of marketing and so forth in the NFL, the PR department is all former Obama and Clinton. It's not surprising to me.
MM

And note that typical misogynist bit in there.
Blickers

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:08 am
@blatham,
Quote Limbaugh:
Quote:
this league [NFL] doesn't get it. They're run by a bunch of left-wing execs,

The NFL is run by a bunch of left-wing execs? Twenty years ago, I saw a game on TV, they showed the owner's booth of a team from the Midwest and Trump was sitting with the owner.
blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:08 am
Quote:
Free Beacon ✔@FreeBeacon
Clinton Campaign and DNC Paid for Research Behind Russia Dossier http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-research-behind-russia-dossier/ … @cb0321
6:06 PM - Oct 24, 2017
Blickers

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:12 am
@blatham,
From the Washington Free Beacon story "exposing" the Clinton dossier connection:
Quote:
At that point [the dossier] was funded by an unknown GOP client while the primary was still going on.

Ummm, the "unknown GOP client" was the Washington Free Beacon!
blatham

Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:17 am
This Canadian victim of the Las Vegas mass shooting is from BC.
Quote:
Braden Matejka survived a bullet to the head in the Las Vegas massacre. Then, the death threats started coming.

“You are a lying piece of **** and I hope someone truly shoots you in the head,” a commenter wrote to Matejka on Facebook, one week after a gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more. “Your soul is disgusting and dark! You will pay for the consequences!” said another. A Facebook meme quickly spread with a photo of him after the shooting, captioned: “I’m a lying ****!”

The 30-year-old victim – who narrowly escaped death in the worst mass shooting in modern US history – has faced a torrent of online abuse and harassment, forcing him to shut down his social media accounts and disappear from the internet. The bullying, taunting and graphic threats have also spread to his family and friends.
Guardian

As Digby says...
Quote:
This story about the followers of Donald Trump's favorite conspiracy theorist Alex Jones attacking the victims of the Las Vegas massacre makes me believe this country is doomed. It is so, so awful that it's hard to believe we'll come through this without something catastrophic happening