monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

tony5732

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Admire is a very strong word. Understand would be better. I also don't think he is a racist or a bigot.
cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:10 pm
@tony5732,
That he didn't rent to blacks proves his bigotry. He also paid for a full page ad in the NYTs to execute five innocent blacks. You're blind.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/17/central-park-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york

If you believe the same as Trump, you're a racial bigot too!
Frugal1

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cice, you are repeating WH talking points - you are a drone.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0suUyLUsAAmGRI.jpg:large
reasoning logic

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:14 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
With you on this one. Very sick of BLMBS.

Wait to you see the next movement against what will be seen by many as bad white police officer behavior.
cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:15 pm
@Frugal1,
Your cartoon has no relevance.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you think 0bama can make that happen before he leaves office?
tony5732

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
One of the BIG reasons I still swing conservative. The dallas shootings were a bit overkill don't you think?
reasoning logic

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:41 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Do you think 0bama can make that happen before he leaves office?

Have you seen any social movement Obama made happen in the 8 years he was in office?
reasoning logic

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:45 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
One of the BIG reasons I still swing conservative

You swing conservative because people act out of hate sometimes? Isn't that a problem all groups have with some of their members at times?
Frugal1

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
The DNC is, and always has been the party of hate.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Occupy wall street, BLM, the whole he's not my president movement are all under 0bama's wing of paid community agitators, and I'm sure there were others.
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yep, and I don't support the hate. I'm done with the riot effects, I'm done hearing about how privileged I am, I'm done with hearing about dead cops, etc. I'm fed up with the entire message from BLM. I swing conservative partially because democrats openly support and sympathize with hate groups.
reasoning logic

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:54 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
I swing conservative partially because democrats openly support and sympathize with hate groups.

You seem to Stereotype groups of people as if all members of a group behave as the most unethical member of a group.
Frugal1

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:57 pm

Obama may have one more nasty surprise for Israel up his sleeve
Frugal1

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 01:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
That is tactic of the left, claim opposition is including ALL members
of a given group of people when it's clear they meant no such thing.

0bama & his administration openly support and sympathize with hate groups.
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
Nope, I read and understand the message of the group quite clearly from the people who founded the group. The snake's head. I understand, I don't agree.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:17 pm
Bait and Switch item #457
Quote:
As a presidential candidate, Donald Trump offered voters a two-pronged pitch when it came to contributors' influence. First, he insisted that Hillary Clinton would be "totally controlled" by her donors, and second, the Republican said his purported wealth made him immune to such pressures.

...The Washington Post reported a couple of weeks ago, for example, that Trump "has now tapped six big donors and fundraisers to serve in his administration, lining up an unprecedented concentration of wealthy backers for top posts." Politico moved the ball forward overnight, noting the access donors have been able to purchase.
Quote:
More than a third of the almost 200 people who have met with President-elect Donald Trump since his election last month, including those interviewing for administration jobs, gave large amounts of money to support his campaign and other Republicans this election cycle.

Together the 73 donors contributed $1.7 million to Trump and groups supporting him, according to a POLITICO analysis of Federal Election Commission records, and $57.3 million to the rest of the party, averaging more than $800,000 per donor.

Donors also represent 39 percent of the 119 people Trump reportedly considered for high-level government posts, and 38 percent of those he eventually picked, according to the analysis, which counted candidates named by the transition and in news reports.
LINK

It's just a damned shame that Woody Guthrie has passed because he would have jumped at the chance to perform at Trump's inauguration along with Ted Nugent and...uh... well, not these kids I guess

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2016/09/06/usa-freedom-girls-sue-trump-campaign-for-stiffing-them/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/49106370.cached.jpg

seeing as how his campaign stiffed them for payment. Maybe Pat Boone will be there and that will be HOT!
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:21 pm
Quote:
An interesting observation from CNBC's John Harwood: each of the last five presidents -- Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama -- left office with Congress in the hands of the opposite party.
h/t Steve Benen

That certainly is an interesting observation.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:31 pm
Hey look America! I'm gonna do this big sacrifice thing (even though it will hurt SO MANY wonderful people! Sad!) and dissolve my incredible, amazing charity. Because I'm a really honest guy. The world's never seen a guy as honest as me. Well, Jesus. Me and Jesus. Amazing honesty.
Quote:
And since Trump can’t dissolve an entity while it’s still under investigation, even this half-step may not happen.

The president-elect nevertheless seems eager to talk about the end of his scandal-plagued foundation, arguing via Twitter last night that “all” of the money it raised was “given to charity.” He added soon after that “100%” of the millions raised went to “wonderful charities.”

We know Trump’s lying, in part because the Trump Foundation has already admitted that some of its money covered non-charitable expenses.

Trump used foundation money to buy giant portraits of himself. Trump used foundation money to make illegal campaign contributions. Trump used foundation money to settle private-sector lawsuits. Trump used foundation money to support conservative political entities that could help further his partisan ambitions.
Link here with internal links verifying each claim
giujohn

Tue 27 Dec, 2016 02:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I swing conservative partially because democrats openly support and sympathize with hate groups.

You seem to Stereotype groups of people as if all members of a group behave as the most unethical member of a group.

Why the hell not...That's exactly what liberals do to Republicans.