monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Hypocrites one and all, but at least you amuse one another

Naw, you're the amusement. It's a real knee slapper to see you bluster up on your high horse and get summarily dismissed. Really good fun.
hightor

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:43 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
I'll quote you again, because your memory seems to be a little on the fritz.

You said that "the primaries were rigged to get Sanders out of the picture". But Sanders received less Democratic votes than Clinton. So somehow the DNC was able to manipulate the vote count or something? Wow — see, if they're that clever, they could probably cook up something equally diabolical to use in the general election. Get it?
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:45 pm
@hightor,
Their assumption was that Trump couldn't possibly win a presidential election.

And I guess DNC's Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned over personal differences, right?

Quote:
Schultz said she would step down after the convention. She has been forced to step aside after a leak of internal DNC emails showed officials actively favouring Hillary Clinton during the presidential primary and plotting against Clinton’s rival, Bernie Sanders.

“Debbie Wasserman Schultz has made the right decision for the future of the Democratic party,” Sanders said in a statement, adding that the party leadership must “always remain impartial in the presidential nominating process, something which did not occur in the 2016 race”.

article here
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 07:00 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
You said that "the primaries were rigged to get Sanders out of the picture". But Sanders received less Democratic votes than Clinton.

You seem to be in denial about the whole issue of the DNC's dishonesty and total shafting of the people's choice in Bernie Sanders. There's tomes of evidence all over the web, but by all means, do the ostrich and keep to your game plan.
glitterbag

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 07:01 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Then you also understand the importance of this aberration from the neoliberal script?

How long have you been a citizen of the United States?
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 07:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh, you missed the globalisation bus, chile?

Try and keep up.
glitterbag

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 08:29 pm
@Builder,
Oh my, my mistake, did you vote in the last US election.?
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 08:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Didn't have to. It was a foregone conclusion.

Sorry your pick was such an arsehole.
glitterbag

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 09:18 pm
@Builder,
Sorry you are so anti-American....but then again....nobody cares.
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 09:24 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm an active member of several American groups on facey, and admin on one.

You might like to make assumptions about me, but that's a reflection on who you are, rather than an indication on who I am.

I get that you were once in a position of some leverage, but it must grate that all you have here is barbed meaningless retorts.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:26 pm
Now that the serial derailer seems to be finished with her latest tirade, Trump's release of the JFK files is meant to do what, exactly?

Obfuscate from what other important issue? Kim Jong Un doesn't seem to have the scary face value required to distract from reality, that he once held.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:30 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Naw, you're the amusement. It's a real knee slapper to see you bluster up on your high horse and get summarily dismissed. Really good fun.

So in summary, you enjoy unethical behavior, and you enjoy being flippant when ethical people condemn your unethical behavior.
izzythepush

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Quote:
Russia has accused the US-led coalition of bombing the Syrian city of Raqqa "off the face of the earth" during the fight against so-called Islamic State.
Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) took Raqqa last week and on Sunday said they had taken Syria's largest oilfield.
Pictures suggest much of Raqqa is in ruins, and Moscow compared it to the Allied destruction of the German city of Dresden in World War Two.
The US-led coalition says it tried to minimise risks to civilians.
Russia has itself been accused of committing war crimes for its bombardment of Aleppo last year.
UN war crimes investigators said last week that there had been a "staggering loss of civilian life" in Raqqa.
Syrian activists say between 1,130 and 1,873 civilians were killed and that many of the civilian casualties were the result of the intense US-led air strikes that helped the SDF, an alliance of Kurdish and Arab militias, advance.
A Russian defence ministry spokesman said the ruins evoked the destruction of Dresden.
"Raqqa has inherited the fate of Dresden in 1945, wiped off the face of the earth by Anglo-American bombardments," Maj Gen Igor Konashenkov said.
He said the West now appeared to be hurrying to send financial aid to Raqqa as a way of covering up evidence of its crimes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-41714754
0 Replies

snood

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 02:44 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:

So in summary, you enjoy unethical behavior, and you enjoy being flippant when ethical people condemn your unethical behavior.

Hah! Getting called unethical by the resident gun crazy racist. Priceless.
hightor

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 03:03 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You seem to be in denial about the whole issue of the DNC's dishonesty and total shafting of the people's choice in Bernie Sanders.

Except that the Democratic voters in the primaries chose Clinton. I've never denied the anti-Sanders machinations within the DNC; I just deny that anything was "rigged" against him. Neither you, nor the historically interesting Guardian article in your link, have detailed any process which skewed the results of primary votes to favor Clinton.
Builder

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 03:26 am
@hightor,
You seem to be at a total loss to describe her lack of success politically. Here, let me help you along a little bit.

(quote)Donald Trump’s stunning victory is less surprising when we remember a simple fact: Hillary Clinton is a deeply unpopular politician. She won a hotly contested primary victory against a uniquely popular candidate, Sen. Bernie Sanders. In her place, could he have beaten Trump?

That Clinton has unusually high unfavorables has been true for decades. Indeed, it has been a steady fact of her political life. She has annually ranked among the least-liked politicians on the national stage since she was the first lady. In recent years, her low favorability rating was matched only by that of her opponent, animated hate Muppet Donald Trump. In contrast, Sanders enjoys very high popularity, ranking as the most popular senator for two years in a row. Nationally, his favorability rating is more than 10 points higher than Clinton’s, and his unfavorability rating is more than 15 points lower. This popularity would have been a real asset on the campaign trail.

Clinton’s inability to ever capture the approval of most Americans hurt her in a number of ways. Consider her performance in predominantly black, working-class counties in Michigan. These are precisely the kinds of areas that she was supposed to count on in the Rust Belt, the “blue wall” that would supposedly secure her victory even if she lost out in Florida and North Carolina. (end quote)

article here
hightor

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 03:35 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You seem to be at a total loss to describe her lack of success politically.

The conversation was about the alleged "rigging" of the vote, not Clinton's lack of popularity. There's nothing in the article that I didn't already know or haven't said myself. Note that Sanders's popularity is with the general population, not enrolled Democrats. If all the primaries were open primaries, he might have won outright.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 04:50 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Hah! Getting called unethical by the resident gun crazy racist. Priceless.

Gun, yes.

Crazy I'll take as a matter of opinion.

But there's only one racist between the two of us, and it's not me.
MontereyJack

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 05:59 am
@oralloy,
[
Quote:

But there's only one racist between the two of us, and it's not me.

Like most of the things you cite as "facts", that's a matter of opinion, not fact.

MontereyJack

Mon 23 Oct, 2017 06:04 am
@Builder,
You don't seem to realize tht she won the vote by nearly three million, not exactly "unpopular".