monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 05:41 am
@izzythepush,
Here's O'Reilly's proof that he's being unjustly smeared
Quote:
2. At the end of 2016, I hired counsel who prepared a draft complaint asserting claims against Bill O'Reilly. We have since resolved all our issues. I would no longer make the allegations contained in the draft.

3. Additionally, over the years while I was acting as Bill O'Reilly's counsel, he forwarded to me certain explicit emails that were sent to him, and any advice sought or render is attorney-client privileged, confidential and private. I have no claims against Bill O'Reilly concerning any of those emails or any of the allegations in the draft complaint.

In other words, "O'Reilly settled for $32 million. Given that, I will not be making any new or public claims against or about him."
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 05:54 am
@farmerman,
Being Trump-free would be a blessing. Every now and again, I have to turn my attention elsewhere simply because this is all so damned depressing (and scary).

What you were hearing in the Maritimes seems to be a duplicate of what Canadians on the west coast are thinking/saying as well. I'm sure it's true in Saskatchewan and Germany and Mexico and everywhere in the world including in Moscow. He is a clown. Also a sociopath.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 07:24 am
@farmerman,
https://i.imgur.com/qKR3Bx5.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 07:54 am
What are y'all's opinions about what's going on with Jimmy Carter? First he seemed to speak in favor of Trump's Muslim ban, now he's agreeing that the NFL players should stand. He's also offering his diplomatic services to Trump - saying he will go talk to N. Korea for him. What do you think? Late-life surge of career ambition? Senility?
Blickers

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 09:59 am
@snood,
Dunno about the Muslim ban but Carter's offer to act as envoy to North Korea is not such a bad idea. Ex-Presidents carry a lot of prestige, so Kim might be willing to come to an agreement if such a lofty representative is used.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:32 am
@snood,
I agree with Blickers as far as diplomatic activity with N. Korea — beats the alternative. I don't have a firm opinion on the Muslim ban since I haven't seen Carter's words on the subject. I think his position on the NFL players is based on the nature of the protest itself, not on the issue of relations between the police and the black community. It's difficult to see how or when the kneeling can end as there's no protest leader and no organization — it's all sort of amorphous. Apparently he'd rather that a different tactic was used, but I don't think he's opposed to the cause:
Quote:
On the issue of N.F.L. players kneeling, Carter was less sympathetic: “I think they ought to find a different way to object, to demonstrate. I would rather see all the players stand during the American anthem.”

I asked if he thought the president was deepening racial divisions. “Yes, I think he is exacerbating it,” he said. “But maybe not deliberately.”

In the Dowd interview he criticizes Obama more than he does Trump but I really don't think he has a mean bone in his body; he can't help but be charitable.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 11:56 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
blatham wrote:
snood wrote:
hightor wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
There's a crack I never expected from the enlightened feminist blatham, but I guess it's OK to be a sexist when you strongly disagree with someone.
What's up next? Calling her "sweetie?"

Luckily we have a white knight around here to defend "sacred" womanhood and enforce political correctness. Good boy!

Lol

Yes. It's a delightful response.

I got a good chuckle

The left's most cherished ideal is that the rules never apply to themselves.

That's why these nutty feminists have all these hysterical outbursts over imagined sexual assaults from everyone else, but when Bill Clinton is accused of such behavior they're all "boys will be boys".
oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 11:57 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Recall when Republiican Greg Gianforte of Montana body-slammed a young reporter and Gianforte then pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault?
Quote:
A Montana Republican official on Thursday said she “would have shot” the reporter Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-MT) body-slammed a day before he was elected to office.

“If that kid had done to me what he did to Greg, I would have shot him,” Karen Marshall, the vice president of programs for Gallatin County Republican Women, said on the “Voices of Montana” radio program.

TPM

So, that's very cool. It's kind of how they do things in Russia, which is a good model for government/press relationships.

If nutty liberals want to go around attacking people who disagree with them, then nutty liberals should expect that they will occasionally attack someone who is willing to defend themselves.

Go ask Trayvon Martin about that one.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 11:59 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
More greatness

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMmyw97XkAArZ8t.jpg

This patriot and gentleman above just had 16 of his weapons stolen. His advice to others?
"Don't let strippers in your house".

Count on freedom-hating liberals to mock crime victims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 12:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A Texas city has required residents who are seeking government disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Harvey to pledge not to boycott Israel.

It's a good move. No federal funds for neo-nazis.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 12:02 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Not sure why this board is called able to know, because none of the regulars here seem to be even slightly interested in discussing the truth of the current (and past) political situation.

I'm generally willing to talk with you if it's a subject I'm interested in. But my experience usually is that when I point out that you are wrong about something you get a little snippy and falsely accuse me of some sort of consparacy nonsense.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 02:53 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

The left's most cherished ideal is that the rules never apply to themselves.

No, you and Finn are trying way too hard to make this into some sort of "feminist" issue. Do I actually have to explain to you that the ironically patronizing "good girl" remark was obviously sarcasm and hardly approaches the level of disdain and malice inherent in nasty epithets such as "cheese-eater"? Get a grip, kids.

What's really funny is seeing you guys trying to polish your p.c. credentials by stamping out sexism whenever it rears its ugly head!
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 03:09 pm
@hightor,
hightor stated:
Quote:
Clinton received more primary votes from Democratic voters than Sanders did. If there's any way that result could be "rigged" it's surprising that the same technique wasn't used to win in the general election.

article here
Quote:
This, from the New York Observer: “DNC attorneys claim Article V, Section 4 of the DNC Charter -- stipulating that the DNC chair and their staff must ensure neutrality in the Democratic presidential primaries -- is “a discretionary rule that it didn’t need to adopt to begin with.” Based on this assumption, DNC attorneys asserted that the court cannot interpret, claim, or rule on anything associated with whether the DNC remains neutral in their presidential primaries.”

The DNC primaries and the general election are two completely separate issues. Nice try, but no banana.

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 05:00 pm
@hightor,
Hypocrites one and all, but at least you amuse one another
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 05:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And certainly no interest whatsover in establishing how we ended up with this situation.

vis-a-vis , unable to know.
oralloy

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 05:48 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
No, you and Finn are trying way too hard to make this into some sort of "feminist" issue. Do I actually have to explain to you that the ironically patronizing "good girl" remark was obviously sarcasm

There was no sarcasm. That is who Blatham really is.

hightor wrote:
and hardly approaches the level of disdain and malice inherent in nasty epithets such as "cheese-eater"? Get a grip, kids.

I can see why Olivier might object to the cheese eater remarks, as the term has its origins in French bashing.

I don't see how the term has much in the way of malice in it however. Overall "cheese eater" sounds more silly than nasty to me. It seems pretty harmless.

If you want to hear malice, listen to the Freedom Haters use the term "gun nut". There's a term that gets used with malice.

hightor wrote:
What's really funny is seeing you guys trying to polish your p.c. credentials by stamping out sexism whenever it rears its ugly head!

No such credentials. You'll never hear me making silly outbursts falsely accusing innocent men of rape the way those goofy feminists do. Did you ever hear that nutcase Gillibrand making false accusations on the floor of the US Senate? What a kook!

I'm just condemning the Democrats for their "the rules never apply to us" attitude.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:11 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
The DNC primaries and the general election are two completely separate issues.

And your point is???
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:22 pm
@hightor,
hightor stated;
Quote:
If there's any way that result could be "rigged" it's surprising that the same technique wasn't used to win in the general election.

I'll quote you again, because your memory seems to be a little on the fritz.
hightor

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:33 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
And certainly no interest whatsover in establishing how we ended up with this situation.

I know how we ended up with this situation. I've watched it unfold over many decades. I don't believe things will get better any time soon and as we face new situations every day I doubt we have the time to spend shoring up the foundations of a decaying system.
Builder

Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:36 pm
@hightor,
Then you also understand the importance of this aberration from the neoliberal script?