monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Real Music

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:47 pm
@snood,
Quote:
The best speech George Bush ever did.

Definitely. I agree.

During George W Bush presidency, I disagreed with Bush on virtually everything.
As far as I can remember, I've also disagreed with John McCain on virtually everything.
I also have, and still do disagree with the republican party on virtually everything.

Although I suspect that many A2K members are already aware. For the purpose of full disclosure, I am a democrat and I support the policies of the democratic party. I also strongly oppose the policies of the republican party.

I strongly commend and thank George W Bush for the speech he gave today. It was a wonderful heartfelt speech.
I strongly commend and thank republican John McCain for the wonderful speech he gave yesterday.
I also commend and thank republican Susan Collins for opposing her fellow republicans attempts of repealing of Obamacare.
I also commend republican Lamar Alexander for working with democrat Patty Murray on possible bi-partisan solutions of fixing Obamacare.

0 Replies

Lash

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 06:50 pm
@blatham,
No, we use guns and bombs.

Here’s one list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.globalresearch.ca/overthrowing-other-peoples-governments-the-master-list-of-u-s-regime-changes/5400829/amp

Instances of the United States overthrowing, or attempting to overthrow, a foreign government since the Second World War. (* indicates successful ouster of a government)

China 1949 to early 1960s
Albania 1949-53
East Germany 1950s
Iran 1953 *
Guatemala 1954 *
Costa Rica mid-1950s
Syria 1956-7
Egypt 1957
Indonesia 1957-8
British Guiana 1953-64 *
Iraq 1963 *
North Vietnam 1945-73
Cambodia 1955-70 *
Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *
Ecuador 1960-63 *
Congo 1960 *
France 1965
Brazil 1962-64 *
Dominican Republic 1963 *
Cuba 1959 to present
Bolivia 1964 *
Indonesia 1965 *
Ghana 1966 *
Chile 1964-73 *
Greece 1967 *
Costa Rica 1970-71
Bolivia 1971 *
Australia 1973-75 *
Angola 1975, 1980s
Zaire 1975
Portugal 1974-76 *
Jamaica 1976-80 *
Seychelles 1979-81
Chad 1981-82 *
Grenada 1983 *
South Yemen 1982-84
Suriname 1982-84
Fiji 1987 *
Libya 1980s
Nicaragua 1981-90 *
Panama 1989 *
Bulgaria 1990 *
Albania 1991 *
Iraq 1991
Afghanistan 1980s *
Somalia 1993
Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *
Ecuador 2000 *
Afghanistan 2001 *
Venezuela 2002 *
Iraq 2003 *
Haiti 2004 *
Somalia 2007 to present
Libya 2011*
Syria 2012
Setanta

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 07:16 pm
People bring terrible resentments and acrimony to political discussions. After Mr. Obama was elected, and before his inauguration, Mr. Bush and his wife showed Mr. and Mrs. Obama an urbane, cordial courtesy. This was important not solely for civility's sake, but it jerked the carpet of Republican hysteria out from under the far right of the party. I started a thread to say as much, and I was just savaged by the anti-Bush crowd around here. I was disgusted and in a couple of cases, have never discussed politics with those people again.

People who speak with honesty and courage deserve credit for it, no matter what one alleges against them for their past actions. Mr. Bush deserves credit for what he has said.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 07:28 pm
I see Sofia Lash Goth is back to her distraction attempt to change the topic from "her" president (as she said it) and to focus on her personal bête noire whom she began attacking at this site at least as long ago as 2003.

Don't feed the troll, sports fans--the topic of this thread is the fat boy in the White House.
oralloy

Thu 19 Oct, 2017 07:50 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Instances of the United States overthrowing, or attempting to overthrow, a foreign government since the Second World War. (* indicates successful ouster of a government)

Every single thing that comes from globalresearch.ca is completely untrue.

That includes the list that you quoted.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 04:10 am
Of course he did
Quote:
Trump gives his team a '10' for its Puerto Rico hurricane response
Politico
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 04:46 am
Two things here:
Quote:
CIA Director Mike Pompeo drew sharp criticism Thursday after wrongly stating that the U.S. intelligence community had found that Russian meddling did not tilt the 2016 presidential election.

Pompeo made the inaccurate claim at an event hosted by the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, a conservative think tank close to the Trump administration. His comments come amid growing evidence of Russian interference in last year’s campaign, the scale of which remains unclear.

“The intelligence community's assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election,” Pompeo said.

The intelligence community has made no such assessment. A report by the CIA and the National Security Agency released in January found that the Kremlin hacked emails and disseminated propaganda in order “to help [then-candidate Donald Trump’s] election chances.”

But the report’s authors explained that they “did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election.”

The most obvious point is the propagandist lie by Pompeo. No surprise in that as Pompeo is a Tea Party champion who was helped into office via big money and organizational support from the Koch brothers' Americans For Prosperity.

The second point is the attempt to confuse two claims:
- Russia was involved in attempts to determine the election outcome
- Russian involvement did determine the outcome

Lash, Fox, Pompeo and right wing media standardly confuse these two claims, either purposefully or because they are stupid. The second claim is held up as the claim being made by those seeking investigation of Russian involvement. It's used as a strawman to distract from the actual claim being made. And it is used as a means to deride those pushing for investigations as irrational, partisan, paranoid and just generally girl-bitchy.

Edit: Let me add that the first claim is available for verification (and there's lots of that already). But the second claim is not available for verification -
no one can say for sure whether the Russian involvement did or did not turn the election. Distracting attention from the first works as a move to obfuscate what we do know.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 05:35 am
@blatham,
The UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), in its quarterly update on crime statistics on Thursday, reported a 13% increase in all police-recorded offences across England and Wales.

The ONS said police had recorded 5.2m offences in the year to June, ranging from gun crime, knife crime, robberies, sexual offences, stalking and harassment, burglary and car crime.

See: Statistical bulletin: Crime in England and Wales: year ending June 2017

The interpretation of the President of the U.S.A. of these data:
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/VQXAOCf.jpg

"Keep America safe" - the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual on US soil happened a short time ago.
Lash

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 05:46 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I see Sofia Lash Goth is back to her distraction attempt to change the topic from "her" president (as she said it) and to focus on her personal bête noire whom she began attacking at this site at least as long ago as 2003.

Don't feed the troll, sports fans--the topic of this thread is the fat boy in the White House.

I see Setanta is busy attacking posters for supplying facts that don’t fit neatly into his limited partisan cheerleading rally mantra.

He and his nutty band of true believers demand that we all believe that Russia is to blame for the election of Donald Trump. This saves them from being forced to admit the truth: cheating openly during the primary with proof from their own emails, in part, weakened them to the point of losing. Even more so — the Democrat party’s devolution from service to the people to becoming Republican Lite corporate grab-assers led by a pretty roundly hated Wall Street sell-out Hillary Clinton has thrown the Dems into complete disarray. They’re split into.

Avoiding the truth and whining about Russia is silly. Russia didn’t split the party. Cheating the progressives did.

Russia and the US and plenty of other countries spy and manipulate on a daily basis. Period. The Dems lost because of the Dems. Period.

The US has overthrown myriad countries. Period.

Attacking me doesn’t change any of those facts, but it does make you truth-avoidant cowards.

When you comment about Russia—and someone refutes your comment—they are responding directly to the topic, as you consider the ridiculous Russia subterfuge to be in the Trump topic.

blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 05:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What a vile cretin this guy is.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:00 am
@Lash,
Quote:
He and his nutty band of true believers demand that we all believe that Russia is to blame for the election of Donald Trump.

And Lash helpfully provides a fine example of the thing I'd mentioned just above.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:03 am
Name-calling. Sad footnote.
blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:36 am
Quote:
Frank Rich‏Verified account @frankrichny 10h10 hours ago
So we've now reached the point where George W. Bush can pass for Churchill
izzythepush

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:39 am
@blatham,
This should cheer you up.

Quote:
A US museum says an Impressionist painting which President Donald Trump reportedly claims to own is a fake.
In a recent interview, Trump biographer Tim O'Brien said he was once told by the future president that his artwork was an original.
But the Chicago Institute of Art says the real painting, Two Sisters (On The Terrace) by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, has hung in its gallery for 80 years.
A museum spokesperson said it is "satisfied that our version is real".
The painting was gifted to the institute in 1933, spokeswoman Amanda Hicks told the Chicago Tribune.
The donor acquired it for $100,000 (£76,000) from an art dealer who bought it directly from the French Impressionist painter in 1881, she added.
But O'Brien said during a recent interview with Vanity Fair's Hive podcast that Mr Trump has repeatedly claimed to him that his version of the painting was authentic.
During a flight on Mr Trump's private jet while he was writing his 2005 book, TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald, O'Brien said he spotted the painting and asked about it.
"You know, that's an original Renoir," the author said Mr Trump had told him, adding that the property tycoon repeated the claim the following day.
"Donald, it's not," he recalled telling Trump. "I grew up in Chicago, that Renoir is called Two Sisters on the Terrace, and it's hanging on a wall at the Art Institute of Chicago.
"That's not an original."
The artwork was later apparently moved to Trump Tower, the author said, saying it was visible in the background of a CBS 60 Minutes interview that Mr Trump gave shortly after his election.
"I'm sure he's still telling people who come into the apartment, 'It's an original, it's an original,'" O'Brien said on the podcast.
Mr Trump sued O'Brien for $5bn because the author wrote in TrumpNation that rather than being a billionaire, his net worth was actually as low as $150m.
The defamation lawsuit was dismissed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41686623<br />
snood

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:42 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I heard he wrote it himself? Go figure.......

Not what I heard. I heard he wrote it himself "with the assistance of some aides". It was still a good speech, though.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:43 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I think Russia’s dabbling is no more than usual, and no more than ours.
Good girl! You've got Hannity and Limbaugh and Bannon and Trump for company with that one.

But let's take you at your word, shall we?

I guess it must be the case that you've isolated American troll farms in Kentucky and Alaska or somewhere pushing out memes designed to sew discord in the Russian electoral system? Or designed to forward one candidate while damaging another?

And you've got scads of evidence of Americans running covert missions for the same goals using thousands of bots that inundate social media and you have seen Facebook and Twitter executives describe these operations?

She don't need no steenking evidence. She just knows.
snood

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Name-calling. Sad footnote.

These are labels you used in the last two pages...
nutty band of true believers
turncoat
lefty
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
I'd read about that. But I'm sure Trump would have corrected his brag about the painting, being an honest man of character.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 07:02 am
@snood,
Quote:
She just knows.
She is parroting what Trump, Putin, Trump allies and right wing media are saying. Heck, probably Bernie Sanders is saying the same stuff because that would make sense.

As to what Lash "knows", there's a minefield I won't enter.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Fri 20 Oct, 2017 07:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
"Keep America safe" - the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual on US soil happened a short time ago.

Exactly the same we have here in the US with fake news from CNN and NBC and other news media, in UK there is "the media code of silence".

The UK government with the media cover up the real truth, that the increase of crime is caused by the arrival of the Muslim refugees.

And I will prove it to you right here, right now.

Lets check just 3 years ago, before the arrival and settling of the Syrian refugees to UK

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/31/tough-case-mystery-britains-falling-crime-rate

Tough case to crack: the mystery of Britain's falling crime rate

Quote:
But it is not just the people of Northampton who are perplexed by crime trends. Surveys have shown that while most people in England and Wales believe lawlessness to be falling in the area where they live, the overwhelming majority believe it to be rising nationally, when it has actually fallen to its lowest level in decades. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) believes this may be explained by the way some crimes are reported in the media.

The experts are just as baffled as the public: like the economists who failed to foresee the global financial crisis, criminologists were taken by surprise by what happened during the years of recession that followed the crash. Public spending was cut, unemployment rose, incomes were squeezed, families resorted to food banks. And yet, against all expectations, the number of recorded offences fell.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/8/19/1408457724648/cobaincrimeUKincidents.png?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=61b6bf312f5c5aeac949c82d326ebe4b

You like it, eh?

But, two years later, when the refugees settled in the cities of UK

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/21/england-wales-homicides-rise-knife-gun-crime

Homicides in England and Wales up 14%

Rise in knife and gun crime brings decade of downward trend in murder rates to an end

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/995054bf26dd94ca34ff9156c2031486c96663eb/146_0_3354_2013/master/3354.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=740dbec3d8ce411f9a221b8c23c4e1a6

Quote:
The number of homicides in England and Wales rose by 71 to 574 in the 12 months to September 2015 - an increase of 14% fuelled by rises in knife and gun crime, official statistics show.

The rise in the number of homicides brings to an end a decade in which the murder rate in England and Wales has been falling despite the continued growth in the population.

The quarterly crime figures published by the Office for National Statistics show a 6% increase in overall crime to 4.3 million offences as recorded by the police in the 12 months to September alongside an apparent 6% fall as measured by the separate crime survey of England and Wales. The ONS said the 6% fall was not statistically significant compared with the previous year’s estimate.
The police-recorded crime figures include a 9% rise in knife crime and a 4% rise in gun crime, which are thought to reflect a rise in gang violence largely in London and Manchester. The rise in gun crime is the first recorded for eight years and includes a 10% rise in London.

The official statisticians say that a 36% rise in sexual offences, including the highest number of rapes since 2003 – at 33,341 – reflect a greater willingness of victims to come forward to report such crimes rather than a real surge in attacks.

The police-recorded figures also include a 27% rise in violence against the person offences, which the ONS said was largely driven by a 37% increase in incidents involving violence without injury as a result of increased recording by the police. The detailed figures also show falls in the number of robberies and snatch thefts.

But here some more.

As the UK government is doing nothing to stop the delinquency from the Syrian/Muslim refugees, people are "defending" themselves.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/13/most-london-knife-no-longer-gang-related-police-say

Most London knife crime no longer gang-related, police say
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/c63ff6ddbd1ddebda94296355c5aa2a5a25ea4c8/0_172_3998_2399/master/3998.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=ea6ded6a787016a7df20f323182cc81c
Three-quarters of knife injuries among the young are not linked to gangs as knives are carried for protection and status, Met says

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/13/most-london-knife-no-longer-gang-related-police-say

Quote:
Most knife crime in London is no longer gang-related, as young people increasingly carry knives for protection, status and safeguarding “criminal interests”, the Metropolitan police commissioner has said.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe told the capital’s first knife crime conference, which was convened by the mayor, Sadiq Khan, that the trend was changing.

He said: “By and large, it used to be gang members, but that’s not the case now. We’ve seen an increase in the number of other young people carrying knives, young people with no links to gangs. So at the moment, some 75% – three quarters – of all knife injuries among the under-25s are not gang-related. The 25% that are – this is around 450 offences in the last year, so about one a day – tend to be more serious, and gang members remain the most dangerous knife carriers, but the changing trend is clearly a concern.

President Donald Trump is absolutely correct.

The Syrian/Muslim refugees are causing delinquency in all European countries that received them and settled them in their cities.

And now all those governments have declared the "code of silence" by doing nothing and less admitting publicly their great mistake of accepting those refugees and settling them as members of society in the cities.

We don't see these kind of problems in the US thanks to president Donald Trump, and to Republican senators and governors in president Obama administration as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/19/syrian-refugees-in-america-fact-from-fiction-congress

Quote:
Congressional Republicans voted on Thursday to make it more difficult for refugees from Syria and Iraq to come to the US as the fallout from last Friday’s Isis terrorist attacks in Paris continues.

In addition, more than half of the US’s governors have said they will no longer provide placement for Syrian refugees, arguing that they pose too great a risk to national security.

New Jersey governor and Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie has said his state will not take in any refugees – “not even orphans under the age of five”.

And president Trump today's policies are in agreement with the policies of the GOP

Quote:
Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal has said he has directed state police to “track” the Syrian refugees in his state, something his state police have played down.

GOP presidential hopefuls Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush have suggested the US government prioritize Christian refugees.

Barack Obama has pledged to veto the legislation, and has condemned the anti-refugee comments as “un-American”, but experts worry the backlash could have dangerous consequences if these claims go unchecked.

“Sowing fear of refugees is exactly the kind of response groups like Isis are seeking,” said Iain Levine, deputy executive director for program at Human Rights Watch, on Thursday. “Yes, governments need to bring order to refugee processing and weed out militant extremists, but now more than ever they also need to stand with people uprooted from their homes by ideologies of hatred and help them find real protection.”

Rather than criticizing negatively the good and best policy of president Trump and the GOP for PROTECTING YOU from criminality caused by those Muslim refugees, you better start to recognize that you are wrong, completely wrong when you stand against president Trump in this issue.

The plain truth is that the criminality in UK is caused by the Muslim refugees and people in that country is protecting themselves because their government don't want to do their job.

What a chaos.
0 Replies