oristarA

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 11:28 pm
Trump loves looking into the magical mirror:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMJt41iVoAAOA1h.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 01:01 am
@Real Music,
Say what you like about Trump, but he's totally nailed that look babies get just before they do a massive dump.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 06:09 am
@MontereyJack,
This was nice to see.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 06:25 am
@Lash,
They copied it to show that "Hertha BSC stands for diversity, tolerance and responsibility! For a Berlin that is continuing to be open to the world!"
(Lost the football match.)
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:06 pm
Look out! Beware! It's Kellywise the dancing clown!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/kate-mckinnon-plays-kellyanne-conway-as-sewer-dwelling-it-clown-in-dark-but-hilarious-snl-sketch/

https://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif
0 Replies

BillW

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:21 pm
Trump Accuser Demands Release Of Documents On All His Sexual Assault Allegations

Summer Zervos, who claims Trump groped her without consent, is suing the president for defamation.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/summer-zervos-subpoena-donald-trump-sexual-assault_us_59e3a30de4b03a7be5816360
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 07:09 pm
Watch: Donald Trump Fired His ‘Apprentice’ Accuser Summer Zervos for Interrupting Him

The truth is that Donald Trump never ever will even try to make sexual advances to stupid women.

Case closed.
Real Music

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 09:16 pm
FCC Commissioner Slams Trump’s Tweet
Threatening NBC: ‘We Have to Honor the First
Amendment’

0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 10:32 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote cameronleon:
Quote:
The truth is that Donald Trump never ever will even try to make sexual advances to stupid women.

Case closed.

Somehow, you managed to miss the bus tape where Trump admitted that as a famous person, he can get away with groping women. So your entire contention that Trump doesn't do this is preposterous.

The only question left is whether Trump did it to this particular woman or not, since we know he does it to women.
wmwcjr

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 10:48 pm
@Blickers,
Attempting to reason with cameronleon is an exercise in futility; in other words, a waste of time.
oralloy

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 06:47 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
cameronleon wrote:
Case closed.

Somehow, you managed to miss the bus tape where Trump admitted that as a famous person, he can get away with groping women. So your entire contention that Trump doesn't do this is preposterous.

I think you missed the qualifier "stupid" in his comment. He didn't say Trump never makes sexual advances to any women ever.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 06:49 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
Attempting to reason with cameronleon is an exercise in futility; in other words, a waste of time.

While I do strongly disagree with cameronleon regarding issues of the Holocaust, I find you much more impervious to reason.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 06:52 am
Quote:
Mitch McConnell will meet Donald Trump for lunch on Monday, two days after the president’s former chief strategist called for the metaphorical assassination of the Senate majority leader.

Speaking to a religious conservative audience at the Values Voter Summit in Washington on Saturday, Steve Bannon called for “a season of war against [the] GOP establishment” and said: “This is our war. The establishment started it … You all are gonna finish it.”

Bannon, who left the White House in August and returned to the hard-right Breitbart News website, added: “Up on Capitol Hill it’s like the Ides of March. The only question – and this is just an analogy or metaphor, or whatever you want to call it – they’re just looking to find out who’s going to be Brutus to [McConnell’s] Julius Caesar.”

Julius Caesar was stabbed to death by Brutus on 15 March in the year 44BC, on the steps of the Senate in Rome. Bannon’s remarks were lent a dash of irony when considered in light of rightwing protests this summer over a Shakespeare in the Park production of the play Julius Caesar, in which the assassinated emperor was made to resemble Trump.

More prosaically, Bannon is working to mount primary challenges against establishment figures including McConnell. On Saturday he singled out John Barrasso of Wyoming, Deb Fischer of Nebraska and Dean Heller of Nevada for not siding with Trump in an exchange of insults with Bob Corker, a Tennessee Republican who is not seeking re-election in 2018.

Trump remains close to Bannon and blames McConnell for a stalled legislative agenda that includes repeated failures to repeal and replace Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, despite Republican control of the presidency and both houses of Congress. The two men will meet at the White House. Vice-President Mike Pence – reportedly a mediator in Trump’s recent disputes with secretary of state Rex Tillerson – will also attend.

“Mitch McConnell’s not our problem,” Lindsey Graham, a senator from South Carolina who co-sponsored one of the failed healthcare bills, told CBS’ Face the Nation on Sunday. “Our problem is that we promised to repeal and replace Obamacare, and we failed. We promised to cut taxes and we have yet to do it.

“If we’re successful, Mitch McConnell’s fine. If we’re not, we’re all in trouble. We lose our majority and I think President Trump will not get re-elected [in 2020].”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/16/mitch-mcconnell-donald-trump-lunch-steve-bannon-war
cameronleon

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 08:16 am
@Blickers,
Quote:

The only question left is whether Trump did it to this particular woman or not, since we know he does it to women.

We must be realistic about this issue of show business.

Most women -not all of them- but most women know that for getting into the show business they must -yes, they must- give some incentives other than their talent.

This is the way show business work. It doesn't work in a different way. They know that and they keep silence about it... until one of them decides to get out of "the new closet".

This is the sad true. Look at Ben Affleck criticizing Weinstein because his sexual advances to women, and now Annamarie Tender, a makeup worker is denouncing that Ben Affleck grouped her.

And, if all the female victims in show business decide to come out of "the new closet" (sexual advances made by men and women towards these women) we should have suits like crazy that will never end.

The Weinstein company was smart enough to fire Harvey Weinstein in order to avoid suits against the company, not so because they are "righteous people who can't tolerate such kind of abuses".

About Donald Trump with that woman, this is a he says she says case.

No intercourse, no sexual organs contact of any kind, no exposure of private parts, and you can have close contact with a woman in a bus full of people and this won't mean sexual advances.

In many cases, a woman or a man hugs the other person but without sexual intentions.

If this is a case happening with regular people in the street, the assumed sexual "predator" goes free, because there is no way to prove that he had sexual intentions. No forcing can be proved, no signs of intentions of rape or similar. Nothing.

Even worst. We have a woman thirsty for REVENGE against Donald Trump because he called "stupid" her interruptions when he was talking in the show. He fired her for that reason.

0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 09:49 am
@izzythepush,
My question is what is left to repeal with respect to Obamacare? It's been effectively killed already.

Quote:
“Our problem is that we promised to repeal and replace Obamacare...
maporsche

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 10:16 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

My question is what is left to repeal with respect to Obamacare? It's been effectively killed already.

Quote:
“Our problem is that we promised to repeal and replace Obamacare...

It has not.

First, Trump's executive order was more of a memo and now the HHS department needs to make recommendations on what to do. We'll see what they come up with and if it has any hope of getting implemented.

Second, millions of people will still get government subsidies to pay for insurance. That is part of the law. Nothing an executive order can do about that.

revelette1

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 10:21 am
@maporsche,
Well, I think that is a relief, I thought they were executive orders which could take place immediately. I admit, now I am not sure I understand. I will study on it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 10:35 am
@revelette1,
It's not a question I can answer. I'm more bothered about North Korea and Iran because that could affect me, sorry.
revelette1

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 10:41 am
Didn't take long to find some answers. I've been busy with family outings lately, but I knew there were reasons I was alarmed about those executive orders.

What Does Trump's Executive Order Mean For Health Care?

Quote:
KELLY MCEVERS, HOST:

Republicans in Congress have been promising their voters they would repeal the Affordable Care Act for years. Despite those promises, they've been unable to agree on how to overhaul President Obama's signature health care legislation. So today, President Trump took a shot. The president signed an executive order that says he will allow consumers and small businesses to band together and use to their combined market power to negotiate better deals for health insurance. Here's what he said.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The competition will be staggering. Insurance companies will be fighting to get every single person signed up. And you will be hopefully negotiating, negotiating, negotiating. And you'll get such low prices for such great care.

MCEVERS: In a moment, we'll hear how this executive order could affect people and the health insurance industry. First, NPR's health policy correspondent Alison Kodjak is with us to talk about the order itself. Hey, Alison.

ALISON KODJAK, BYLINE: Hey, Kelly.

MCEVERS: So what does the order do?

KODJAK: Well, I have been told several times today that the order itself doesn't really do anything to the health care system.

MCEVERS: OK.

KODJAK: But what it does do is direct three different federal agencies to look at their regulations around health insurance to try to make it easier for trade groups and small businesses to work together to negotiate with insurance companies for better deals. And those companies can be in different states. And they theoretically could get cheaper insurance than they do now. Small businesses today have to buy their insurance through their local Obamacare exchange.

MCEVERS: Right. I mean, it sounds like a reasonable concept. Is - will it work?

KODJAK: Well, there are a couple of challenges. And the first one is legal. There are a whole bunch of people - health care analysts, lawyers - that are saying essentially there are significant legal hurdles to creating what these - they're called association health plans - in a way that makes them cheaper than insurance that's already on the market. And these are people - Democrats and Republicans.

What would have to happen is the administration has to allow those small businesses to be governed by the rules of large employers. That would pretty much reverse a long history of legal precedent in how that law has been understood. The order says this outright. It encourages the agencies, as they say, to modernize their interpretation of the law. The second challenge is just that these plans are only cheaper if they cut benefits or exclude people who are sick or small businesses with a sicker employee group.

MCEVERS: I mean, why is that? Wouldn't their combined market power give them advantage - an advantage?

KODJAK: Well, not necessarily because today, small businesses already are sort of combining their market power through the Obamacare exchanges. They're buying in a group. All the businesses in D.C., for example - in Washington, D.C. - they have to buy on the Washington exchange. So there's not really a new strength in numbers that would come with these association plans. The advantage only comes if they include companies with younger people and leave out older, sicker people.

MCEVERS: These association plans weren't the only thing in this executive order, I understand. What else did the president put in there?

KODJAK: So he's trying to loosen rules regarding short-term insurance plans. And these are policies - right now they're limited to only 90 days, and they'd be good for up to a year. And I looked at some today on the market that are available now, and they have the deductibles as high as $10,000. They don't necessarily cover prescription drugs. And they don't have to cover you if you have a health history. So they're not the greatest insurance, and they don't fit the Obamacare consumer protections.

MCEVERS: Overall so far, what has been the reaction to this executive order?

KODJAK: Well, as I said, there's some skepticism about whether or not it's legal or can accomplish...

MCEVERS: Right.

KODJAK: ...Anything. And then there's this figure that it could split the market again to where it was before the Affordable Care Act was passed, which is, people who are healthy and young can get really cheap insurance, but people who need health care will find it really hard, expensive or out of reach.

MCEVERS: NPR health policy correspondent Alison Kodjak, thanks a lot.

KODJAK: Thanks, Kelly.