monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:10 am
@roger,
I have no idea who that individual is or what question they may have asked.
izzythepush

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:15 am
@izzythepush,
They've only written 16 posts, none of which are directed at me.
snood

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What question would that be?

It may have been a voice in his head.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:30 am
@izzythepush,
I suspect that this is the question that he wants help with:
http://able2know.org/topic/418496-1

I'll go answer it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 06:07 am
@blatham,
This is what the BBC says.

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has had an ill-tempered exchange with a leading Republican senator, aggravating already poor relations between the two men.
Foreign Relations Committee head Bob Corker was a "negative voice" and "largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal", Mr Trump tweeted.
Mr Corker hit back that the White House had become an "adult day care centre".
He was considered for the job of secretary of state by Mr Trump last year but they have since clashed.
Analysts suggest Mr Trump's tirade on Sunday morning may have been prompted by Mr Corker's message of support last week for Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, which was also seen as a jab at the president.
He was quoted by media as saying that Mr Tillerson was "in an incredibly frustrating place" where he "ends up not being supported in the way that I hope a secretary of state would be supported".
On Wednesday Mr Tillerson denied rumours that he was about to resign.
Last month Mr Corker announced that he would not seek re-election at next year's mid-term elections. He has been an ardent supporter of the 2015 agreement to curb Iran's development of nuclear weapons.
Mr Trump has sharply criticised the deal on many occasions and is expected to de-certify it next week.
In a series of tweets, Mr Trump said: "Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement).
"He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said 'NO THANKS.' He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!
"Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!"
Mr Corker responded: "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center.
"Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."
The two men previously clashed in August when the senator criticised Mr Trump's response to the clashes between white supremacists and anti-fascist demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Mr Trump responded by tweeting about Mr Corker's apparent hesitation about running for re-election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41546140
wmwcjr

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 07:04 am
@izzythepush,
The clown was elected, and now we have a three-ring circus.
snood

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 07:54 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

The clown was elected, and now we have a three-ring circus.

It's not just that he looks and sounds ridiculous, or that he is totally unprepared and incompetent to govern or lead in any capacity... It's that he is endangering the whole country - maybe most seriously endangering the more than 100,000 Americans living in South Korea. He is failing the American citizens who are exposed, hungry and thirsty in Puerto Rico. He is a disease that needs to be excised.
revelette1

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 08:48 am
@izzythepush,
Regarding the walkout by Pence.

Quote:
The pool of journalists accompanying the vice president was not allowed into the stadium and was asked to stay in their vans. They were told by a staffer that "there may be an early departure from the game," but were not given any further details.

Some criticized Trump and Pence for the walkout, with Hawaii Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz tweeting, "Wait. This was orchestrated to make a point? That's not an inexpensive thing to do."

CNN

Pure political theater at tax payer expense. I guess, Pence felt the need to get out in front on this issue.
hightor

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 09:13 am
This, from today's NYT, is priceless:

The Republican’s Guide to Presidential Etiquette
Cycloptichorn

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 10:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Who is your source inside the investigation?

This was reported in the media -

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/30/manafort-mueller-probe-attorney-general-242191

That's from two months ago.

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 10:48 am
@revelette1,
Looking ahead to the NFL's Week 6 Schedule:
Pence might plan appearances at these games...
Thursday (10/12) - Phil @ Carolina
Sunday (10/15) early - SF @ Wash
Sunday (10/15) night - NY Giants @ Denver
Monday (10/16) - Indy @ Tenn
It will be a tough four days for him but someone needs to be on the Knee-Watch Patrol.
Players may decide to stand during the playing of the anthem, requiring Pence to sit through all four games.
Brand X

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:38 pm
@hightor,
Only Trump isn't a Repub, he's been a Dem for decades.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:41 pm
@Brand X,
Of course he's a Republican. He ran as one, describes himself as one, was elected as the Republican candidate.

The GOP can't duck responsibility for his behavior now. They own it, lock, stock and barrel. It's what they are holding up as the new standard for their candidates.

Cycloptichorn
Brand X

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Corker as an example being one of many Republican's and Democrat's trying to get the moron to respect the office.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:49 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Just read your signature, not for the first time for sure; I mention this as I still enjoy it. I still miss Amigo, years later.
Baldimo

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:56 pm
@revelette1,
It could be that he was there for the retirement of Peyton Manning's # and jersey as well as the unveiling of his statue in front of the stadium...
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/09/peyton-manning-statue-indianapolis-colts-nfl-lucas-oil-stadium

0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 01:15 pm
@realjohnboy,
Pence has to show up and take names, after all, the "fake" media might not indicate all the scurrilous folks kneeling away. Trump needs an honest weirdo to show up and get the truth! Enter Mike Pence...
0 Replies

snood

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 01:57 pm
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22228466_1980519492218198_8219382653225038926_n.jpg?oh=465293670b677b1d7875a1d0f2834200&oe=5A74CF67
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:03 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
...he's been a Dem for decades.

But it's not whether or for how long Trump has been a Republican; it's about the Republican Party's embarrassingly convenient lowering of their long-held standards of executive respectability:
Quote:
Republicans used to care a lot about how a president comports himself, and whether he acts at all times with the dignity his station demands.
(...)
This expanded list is meant to ensure that Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell and other congressional Republicans never forget what they now condone in a president.

Your point is irrelevant.
Brand X

Mon 9 Oct, 2017 03:15 pm
@hightor,
Loads of R's didn't didn't want him, but the sector of voters...and other supporting politicians that did, got him....now they(us) all have to suffer together. He's a Dem that duped the willfully ignorant.

http://people.com/politics/republicans-not-supporting-donald-trump-full-list-statements/
0 Replies