monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:49 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I would like to hear the remedy suggestions from the Foofies and Oralloys. Or if they believe that these kinds of shootings are just a necessary sacrifice we have to endure to be free.

Reduce poverty in inner cities. This will greatly lessen crime rates.
oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:50 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
And, believe me, most of these people do not need guns in their possession.

People have the right to have guns whether you like it or not.

BillW wrote:
It is an epidemic that needs to be cured.

America will never allow you to abolish our freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:51 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The NRA makes these mass murder possible in the first place. They share the guilt.

Nonsense.
oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
We do have stats on how many NRA .members supported Obama's background checks after Sandy Hook. As I recall, it was about 2/3 supported expanding checks. Family members of NRA members supported checks even more, I think in the 80 percent ranges. And the public at large supported them over 90. The NRA leadership on the other hand rejected expanded checks to a man (and they were mostly men). Which means they were seriously out of touch with what Americans and their own members wanted.

So long as liberals want to use the background check system as a weapon against law abiding citizens, it is necessary that people be allowed to purchase guns without going through background checks.

MontereyJack wrote:
Maybe it's time to put Wayne LaPierre and his cohorts in the slammer for lengthy terms on the "You can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theatre" principle for aiding and advocating violence. That might have a salutary effect on the rest of the gun zealots.

Liberals always want to harm people who do not agree with their demented ideology. If we outlaw the Democratic Party in America, we can reduce the left's potential to harm people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:57 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I'm not anti-gun, myself, but having automatic military-grade weapons available for purchase is a completely puzzling scenario.

They aren't available for purchase (at least, not very easily). This guy used a bump stock.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 07:26 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

True enough.

But this crime was committed by a multi-millionaire. And the defenseless victims would not have been any safer were they armed.
BillW

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 07:42 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

True enough.

But this crime was committed by a multi-millionaire. And the defenseless victims would not have been any safer were they armed.

.....with multiple automatic weapons in a rich mans room high above the battle scene to NRA delight.....
0 Replies

cameronleon

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 08:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No we need to control people like you who have cluster b disorders

Uuuhhhh

Another dog barking at the Moon...

Uuuhhhh

Clinton's pets still don't want to accept that their owner is out of political business by now. These pets must be sent to the correspondent animal shelter.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 08:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

That initiative is very good but hard to be accomplished.

What poor people want, thanks to liberal leaders, is privileges instead of rights.
oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 09:49 pm
@snood,
Quote:
That means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Now let's also adjust for the greater likelihood that a black person will try to murder a police officer.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 09:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the rate at which blacks are killed IS noticeably much higher,

Mostly due to black-on-black violence in inner city high crime areas.
oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 09:52 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Great idea! Run with this one, boys.
Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff on Tuesday floated the possibility of a party "purge" of Republican lawmakers who don’t support President Donald Trump.

Will do.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 09:53 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
If there was an answer I missed it. So I'll ask one last time. To Oralloy, Baldimo, Foofie and anyone else who is foursquare against gun control. What remedies do you suggest for the problem of these mass shootings; or do you believe that the carnage from these types of multi-casualty events is just a necessary sacrifice American society has to make?

After the Aurora Colorado Batman theater shooting, OmSigDAVID and I briefly started talking about what sort of gun limits would be permissible under the Constitution and what would not be permissible.

We quickly found though that the gun control movement doesn't care about saving lives. They are only out to violate people's civil rights for the fun of it. So that line of discussion quickly died out.

I now have a policy of never helping the gun control movement write better gun laws even when I can see how they can do it. They will not be satisfied if I hand them more gun control on a platter, but will rather take what I give them and then keep demanding that we go further and violate people's civil rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 09:55 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
oralloy wrote:

True enough.

It might not have stopped this crime, but it would still eliminate most of the murders.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

They aren't available for purchase (at least, not very easily). This guy used a bump stock
which are currently lega and not all that expensive, which, in effect, convert a semi-automatic weapon to a fully auto one, which is why, due to pernicious new technology, we need to put limits on semi-auto weapons. and make bump stocks illegal. automatic prison terms for possession would be nice.
MontereyJack

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:20 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy says
Quote:
Tue 3 Oct, 2017 09:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the rate at which blacks are killed IS noticeably much higher,

Mostly due to black-on-black violence in inner city high crime areas.

False. The statistic was about black people killed by police officers. Had nothing to do with black on black crime.
roger

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:22 pm
Somebody please tell me what a bump stock is. Never heard of it till a few day ago.
roger

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

automatic prison terms for possession would be nice.

I'm sure you meant to say "After conviction. . . ."
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:28 pm
@cameronleon,
cameronleon wrote:
oralloy wrote:

That initiative is very good but hard to be accomplished.

What poor people want, thanks to liberal leaders, is privileges instead of rights.

I suppose if it were easy to accomplish it would already have been done.

It is still the only way I know of to reduce murder rates in America.
oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
which is why, due to pernicious new technology, we need to put limits on semi-auto weapons.

Bans on hunting weapons always play well with the hunting community come election day.