monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 03:28 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I read the quote but didn't watch video. This was a conscious choice.

My digestive process won't allow me to view Trump for more than a few seconds at a time. I can sometimes become actually nauseous.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 03:31 pm
This is a two-parter.

First part - you shiftless, lazy colored people need to get your asses moving because it's costing me a lot of goddamn money to fix your sorry island.

Second part - Damn, these new invisible jets are so cool and they cost like hundreds of millions of dollars and I am, believe me, delighted to spend that much on them. I'm making America great again!
Quote:
During an instantly infamous Tuesday press conference in Puerto Rico, President Donald Trump suggested the disaster on the island after Hurricane Maria was minimal compared to a “real catastrophe like Hurricane Katrina” and complained about the cost of the recovery efforts.

“I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you’ve thrown our budget a little out of whack,” Trump said.

Just a few minutes later in the press conference, he began talking about how he was happy to spend “hundreds of millions” on the F-35 — a warplane that has yet to fly in a single American combat mission.

“So amazing, we are ordering hundreds of millions of dollars of new airplanes for the Air Force, especially the F-35,” Trump told an Air Force officer who was attending the press conference. “You like the F-35? ... You can't see it. You literally can't see it. It's hard to fight a plane you can't see.”

It’s not clear what the president means when he says, “You literally can’t see it.” The F-35 is not invisible like Wonder Woman’s jet; the plane is designed to strike targets from beyond their visible range, but so are all other modern fighter aircraft.

But more importantly, there’s something deeply uncomfortable about bemoaning the price tag of Puerto Rico’s recovery and then praising one of the most expensive technological boondoggles in the history of the US military.
Vox

As an aide once said to Hitler, "Mein Fuhrer, you are getting the artists and professors and their snowflake ilk REALLY crazy talking about the Jew-vermin. I mean, their heads are EXPLODING! Keep up the great work, Fuhrer!"
0 Replies

snood

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 03:46 pm
If there was an answer I missed it. So I'll ask one last time. To Oralloy, Baldimo, Foofie and anyone else who is foursquare against gun control. What remedies do you suggest for the problem of these mass shootings; or do you believe that the carnage from these types of multi-casualty events is just a necessary sacrifice American society has to make?
Sturgis

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 03:49 pm
I'm wondering when Trump will accuse the people of Puerto Rico of "deliberately making their land an island, surrounded by water... Big water. Ocean water."

Which is probably why he thought throwing rolls of paper towels was somehow useful.
snood

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 03:53 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I'm wondering when Trump will accuse the people of Puerto Rico of "deliberately making their land an island, surrounded by water... Big water. Ocean water."

Which is probably why he thought throwing rolls of paper towels was somehow useful.

I don't know about that, but I bet he does accuse Puerto Rican officials of colluding with the media when the headcount of the dead inevitably goes up.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:05 pm
@snood,
Quote:
If there was an answer I missed it. So I'll ask one last time. To Oralloy, Baldimo, Foofie and anyone else who is foursquare against gun control. What remedies do you suggest for the problem of these mass shootings; or do you believe that the carnage from these types of multi-casualty events is just a necessary sacrifice American society has to make?

You seem to think there is an answer to these mass shootings but I don't believe there is.

I'm still stuck on what you consider to be the premise of "gun control". Expanded background checks? License to even own a gun? Permits to buy ammo and then in only limited amounts? Additional taxes on guns and ammo? I'm sorry, but I don't see how anything short of a straight out gun ban would solve these problems and as you know I do not support a gun ban.
blatham

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:08 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:

I was just thinking about the paper towels. Apparently, this was someone's idea of a great photo op thing. They probably brain-stormed it.

"Well, they are going to need body bags so how about if you throw them some big garbage bags and rolls of duct tape?"

"The MAGA hats are always a winner and if it rains more, they're protected?"

"Firecrackers, Mr President. There's the whole holiday positioning so it's a feel-good thing. And your base will understand what you're really saying is you really want to shove them up their asses so they'll get to work?"

"How about paper towels? They're easy to throw so you won't look like you're out of shape. And it sends a message that this whole island is like really dirty and the people are really dirty and all they really need is absorbent, quality paper products from America"

0 Replies

blatham

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:15 pm
This is important.
Quote:
Will Justice Kennedy Sink Partisan Gerrymandering — or Save It?
Ed Kilgore
BillW

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:19 pm
@blatham,
Scary indeed, in fact, the whole SCOTUS Docket is scary!
blatham

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:31 pm
@BillW,
I know. No small irony that the guy who put Gorsuch there, McConnell, is now the target of Bannon, the Freedom Caucus and all the other insane people.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:33 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

You seem to think there is an answer to these mass shootings but I don't believe there is.

I'm still stuck on what you consider to be the premise of "gun control". Expanded background checks? License to even own a gun? Permits to buy ammo and then in only limited amounts? Additional taxes on guns and ammo? I'm sorry, but I don't see how anything short of a straight out gun ban would solve these problems and as you know I do not support a gun ban.

So are you saying there's nothing that can be done, or do you have any ideas about how to prevent,avoid, mitigate, lessen, etc. these shootings?
0 Replies

cameronleon

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 04:37 pm
@blatham,
The idea of gun control is ridiculous.

Terrorists have used big trucks to kill tens of people. What then?

Do we need "truck control"?

This is not about guns neither trucks but about dudes who will use guns, trucks, knives, etc to cause terror and kill people.

The focus is not about guns but about potential dangerous dudes.

Unfortunately, this is a very complicate task, because the personality of an individual can change from one moment to another by anything that can trigger his dark side.

Guys asking for gun control are poor ignorant dudes who believe that Spring season can be impeded to happen if flowers are not allowed to be planted. Lol

reasoning logic

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 05:16 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:

Do we need "truck control"?

No we need to control people like you who have cluster b disorders. Shocked
ehBeth

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 05:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Do you think the mass shootings are something to be concerned about? or are they something Americans need to accept so that there will be no gun control?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 05:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

isn't that pretty much what he said today? it's their fault that they were hit by a hurricane or two
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:10 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Unfortunately it appears that you have mischaracterized my response in order to repeat yours for the umpteenth time.
Quote:
That liberals falsely accuse the US of authoritarianism and ultra-nationalism...

My description was directed at a political movement avtive in the country, not the USA itself.

It was still an untrue accusation. And it still does not change that liberals hate the US and wish it to be destroyed.

hightor wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Liberals may wish that the US will be passed by...

I never said that I "wished" this to happen, only that it appears to be underway,

I'm saying that liberals wish it.

It is not underway, for what it's worth.

hightor wrote:
and as an alternative to militaristic US hegemony I'd welcome it.

See what I mean? Liberals can't stand the idea of the US standing strong as a positive force in the world. They prefer instead a world run by evil dictatorships.

hightor wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Liberalism's support for terrorists and evil dictatorships over freedom and democracy...

This is just ill-informed opinionated nonsense.

No, liberals really do try to weaken the US whenever they can. They really do try to give support to terrorists and evil dictators whenever they can. They really do cheer for terrorists and evil dictators and root against the US whenever they can.

hightor wrote:
oralloy wrote:
But even if they really could create a science-based global government after destroying America, liberals will never be allowed to destroy America.

This statement isn't even rational. Global government isn't "destroying" the USA: inward-looking resentful conservatives are.

You misunderstood my statement. I did not say that global government is destroying America. I said that liberals will never be allowed to destroy America.

Conservatives are not destroying America. We are protecting America from liberals.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:13 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The NRA is promoting a culture of death, a culture of murder.

No they aren't.

Olivier5 wrote:
They are the real murderers.

No they aren't.

Olivier5 wrote:
It's high time they taste their own medecine.

Liberals always want to harm people who stand in the way of their demented ideology. Luckily we have police officers to protect us from violent liberals.

Olivier5 wrote:
Some people seem to think faster when bullets are flying by. One of the country singers who was in Vegas changed his mind about gun control only after this mass killing, because his own ass was on the line...

I saw. He is despicable for wanting to abolish freedom.

He also didn't seem capable of much logic. The fact that his guns may not have been able to help him in this incident does not mean they will always be of no use.

Using that logic (or lack thereof) he should stop wearing a seatbelt since it is still possible for him to be killed even if he wears his seatbelt.

We will prevent him from harming other gun owners however.

Olivier5 wrote:
Make the NRA think about gun control. Make them think hard, based on their own personal encounter with the busines end of a gun. Make them understand first hand the value of gun control, and they will support gun control.

Violence will not make us agree to abolish freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:15 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Read this to get a clear idea of how the NRA and pro-gun lobby has absolutely crippled America's ability to quickly and effectively trace weapon ownership.

Yes. And rightly so. We will not allow you to destroy our freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:16 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
The problem is that we live among "these people", and they among us. We have to be held in captivity to their fear right along with them. Unless there's some way to put all the 2nd amendment crusaders in a colony somewhere.

You kind of have that backwards. The idea is to ship all the liberals off to Guantanamo and let the rest of America live in peace.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 3 Oct, 2017 06:18 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
They don't believe that people in other countries can live safely without an arsenal.

Well it will certainly be hard to shoot an attacker with no gun in your hand.

Really though, the downside of not having guns isn't the safety issue. It's the sheer lack of freedom.

ehBeth wrote:
They don't believe the statistics from other countries. Facts absolutely elude them. No facts, no science - it's all too confusing.

Over the years I've heard liberals claim all sorts of nonsense in the name of statistics. The people that you are referring to are probably just used to tuning out claims based on statistics.
0 Replies