monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 12:54 pm
@Setanta,
I know he is exactly as you say. Even so, in my opinion, Trump and his administration and all his people are so corrupt and inept the whole Trump bunch needs to go. I think as bad as Pence is, we can survive it until finally we elect enough democrats in congress and hopefully a democrat president or at least one of the two to change things around.
Setanta

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 12:59 pm
@revelette1,
I understand what you're saying. Next year in the mid-terms, the Democrats, if they don't screw up, could re-take the Senate, and may make significant gains in the House. We'll have to survive that long, at least.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:31 pm
@Setanta,
Pence terrifies me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:32 pm
@blatham,
yup - it's been all over the twitterverse

something like $946,000 (don't ask why I think that's the number - it could be $60,000 Smile )
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:39 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Surely [Pence] can be no worse than Reagan?

That's a good analogy. But I think your inference about the consequences of Reagan's tenure is wrong. Much that has led America to its present level of right wing insanity was established under Reagan and the retrograde forces of extremism now so powerful were broadly institutionalized in that period. There's every reason to think that Pence would work with diligence to duplicate that period and what happened in it.
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, I have seen that. The item that caught my attention most acutely was the magic cone of silence phone booth. This is a guy who REALLY does not want to get caught doing whatever he's doing as a deeply corrupt stooge of the petroleum and extraction industries.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:44 pm
Quote:
“NSA warned White House against using personal email
...Jared is probably one of the top five or 10 targets in the U.S. government because of his access to the president and because of the portfolios he’s been given,” said Richard Clarke, a former top cybersecurity advisor to three presidents. “It’s a pretty safe bet that his personal devices have been compromised by foreign intelligence services. And therefore there is some risk that meetings he attends are compromised too.”
Politico
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:47 pm
@blatham,
That's true. Reagan got elected in 1980, and ever since then the percentage of the country's total wealth went up 20%-from 24% to 45%. That's why the GDP per capita keeps going up in this country yet our living standards don't seem to keep up. The top 1% has been getting more and more of the wealth since Reagan got elected.

https://i.imgur.com/WHyki02.jpg
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:51 pm
Imagine the quantities of relief supplies and relief personnel could have been delivered to PR a week ago... just in the dozen or two charter planes and military aircraft that have been unnecessarily hauling Trump admin and family to golf courses and European holidays and Fort Knox eclipses and partisan lie-fests.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:53 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

OMG Crying or Very sad

Why can't the republicans get rid of him soon? Surely there is enough to get him on something and impeach and throw him out of office.

You're like a child wishing for a pony.

First of, believe it or not, everyone in this country, including Republicans doesn't think he is as horrible as you do.

Secondly, unless he is found guilty of far, far worse crimes than you imagine he has committed, the Republicans will never vote to toss him from office, just as Democrats would never do if he was a Democrat.

No matter what anyone thinks about Trump and PR, it's not going to be the straw that breaks the Republican camel's back.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 03:54 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
The top 1% has been getting more and more of the wealth since Reagan got elected.

The first good study I ever saw on this statistical trend (growing inequality) was in Scientific American somewhere mid to late eighties. As you say, the change began during the Reagan period.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:00 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK_73r9XcAEUYBM.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:08 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Considering the devastation caused it is pretty remarkable how few people died. To call it a "good news story" is insensitive and politically stupid, but only people who watch the world 24/7 through Race lens can conclude it was because the folks in PR are generally darker skinned than the folks in Kansas.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:10 pm
This is a personal post for my friends (assuming I have any) and cheese-eatin enemies here. After this round, I don't plan to post here anymore. It's been fun, y'all.

For about the 5th time I was suspended (only a measly month this time) about a month ago. Wasn't told why, just the usual "inappropriate" tag, whatever the hell that means.

I suspect it's because I challenged a left-wing hater who claimed he devotes a substantial portion of his life to efforts to ruin the personal lives of conservatives he disagrees with. Forgot his name, although he seemed to be known by many. I have little doubt that the candyass whined to the admins, who are always anxious to cater to the whims of their cheese-eating homeys.

They might consider changing the name from A2K to "Commies only club" if they don't want peoples who dissent from their favored narratives, ya know?

The petty lefty pansies who play the victim 24/7 just can't believe that anyone could ever disagree with their demand that non-commies be controlled and silenced. That's how solipsistic they are.

This one freely admits that she hates America, I'll give her credit for that. Most cheese-eaters attempt to deny it.

Any person with even a modicum of self-respect will cringe at this kinda candyass tripe.

It's embarrassing and stupid beyond belief.
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:15 pm
Following after the tweet where Trump attacks the PR mayor as "nasty" and accused Puerto Ricans of being too lazy and irresponsible to help out, the dipshit tries to cover up his own words and intentions with this
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Results of recovery efforts will speak much louder than complaints by San Juan Mayor. Doing everything we can to help great people of PR!
1:37 PM - 30 Sep 2017

Try to imagine the shitstorm of Trumpian BS we'll be subjected to on Tuesday when he is scheduled to visit the island. Imagine how tightly controlled media access will be. They will be working on "the visuals" and "messaging" right now.
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:25 pm
Swamp skiing.
Quote:
The annual Aspen ski vacation taken in March by President Trump's children, Ivanka and Eric Trump, and their families, including son-in-law Jared Kushner, left taxpayers on the hook for security costs of at least $330,000, CBS News has learned.
CBS
Note that is just security. I understand the family invited several low income black families to join them but those families were apparently too lazy to show up.
layman

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:32 pm
@layman,
I'll be honest. If some stupid-ass, sanctimonious skank like that stole my hat, I wouldn't follow her around like a puppy dog and then ask "authorities" to make her return in to me. Why involves them, or indulge her ilk? I would bitch-slap her sorry ass half-way to St. Louis if that's what it took to get my hat back.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:32 pm
@blatham,
When did he accuse Puerto Ricans of being too lazy and irresponsible to help out?

You really have become a merchant of hysterical propaganda. I'm beginning to think you are some sort of political operative.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:34 pm
@layman,
Welcome back!
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 04:34 pm
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Millions without electricity across NY & NJ. The media has covered for Obama’s massive failure. Can you imagine if this was another Pres?
12:52 PM - 7 Nov 2012
0 Replies