monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Setanta

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 08:27 am
Sofia Lash Goth has been posting one conservative piece after another, and crowing about a political "win" for her president. The whole phony facade of her being an alleged progressive and a Sanders supporter is collapsing on her. In addition to stating that Plump is her president. she has also recently referred to the Republicans as her party. The mask is slipping.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave . . .
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 08:43 am
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump.
4:19 AM - 30 Sep 2017

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
...Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They....
4:26 AM - 30 Sep 2017

Remember how when Sandy hit NJ how it took forever for Obama to become involved in crisis abatement and how he tweeted insults about NJ debt and about the lousy leadership in that state as the reason things weren't going well.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:01 am
@hightor,
My opinion of what he did was play to his favorite crowd, which is composed of people who are predisposed to side against black people no matter what the situation.

The same thing may have happened if the issue had been White People Vs The Flag; I'm not certain. But Black People VS The Flag was a sure thing.

He likely edged up that disappearing approval rating.

Like it or not--as it stands right now, this risk paid off for him.

I just saw a news blurb that I'm about to investigate, reporting that he attacked the Puerto Rican governor. I haven't read it, but I don't see how it's possible that that bizarre behavior won't balance the boost he got from the NFL statements.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:04 am
@Setanta,
Another weird obsessive lie.

Can't your woman keep you busy?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:08 am
Quote:
Who Is the Biggest Kleptocrat in the Trump Administration?
A fierce race to the bottom is taking place between cabinet members who have been bilking taxpayers in ways both large and small.
Price was being characteristically weaselly, but it didn’t end there. He also said that he would pay $51,887.30 for the flights. If that seems like a suspiciously low figure for numerous private jet flights, that’s because it is. Far from reimbursing taxpayers, Price is still ripping them off. It was then revealed that Price and his wife used military aircraft to make several overseas trips, at a cost of $500,000 to taxpayers. In contrast, Kathleen Sebelius, who served as HHS secretary under Barack Obama, did not use military aircraft once during her tenure.

...On Thursday, BuzzFeed reported that Price had lobbied to reopen his department’s “executive dining room,” because its cafeteria wasn’t swanky enough. The dining room had been repurposed during the Obama administration, which cited its unnecessary expense.
More on the other parasites involved here

I suppose we ought to point out something rather obvious re Price and his sleazy offer of recompense. He of course offered to pay out of pocket for the cost of his seat, a small fraction of the total costs incurred to taxpayers. What would have been appropriate for him to offer would have been the opposite - for him to cover the larger total amount with the seat cost subtracted.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:31 am
@blatham,
Maybe conservative writers are the only ones who'll write about it. If the liberal MSM is as afraid of the story as you people here are, no wonder they aren't reporting it.

People are actually attacking other people for linking to the story.

I got it from a major news outlet, and you're tracing his family tree trying to find a conservative.

It's hilarious. The level of denial is astronomical. You're all shaking in your boots at a statistic.

Cycloptichorn

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:33 am
Trump's decision to attack PR's leadership, from his plush bed at a golf course, is a ******* national embarrassment. The truth is that his admin wasn't prepared for this at all and has done very little to address the crisis.

We have a president who spends more time on Twitter attacking his own citizenry and threatening other countries than he does anything else even remotely related to his job. What a piece of **** he is.

Cycloptichorn
revelette1

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:33 am
@hightor,
I have to admit I hope the industry does not die down. I have two nephews who show excellent promise of scholarships for football. They were in Pen. state until two years ago, so I am not sure if they would want to go to UK, but one can hope.

Cycloptichorn

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:38 am
@Lash,
The problem here is that your analysis is shallow. You (and the person you link to) are calling this a 'win' for Trump, but what did he win, really? I mean, he riled up a bunch of his base and yes, most respondents find kneeling distasteful.

But engaging in these social attacks is absolutely and totally useless. It passes no policy. It makes him no more popular. It advances no goal for us, unless the goal is to divide the country and stoke racial resentment. Shouldn't a 'win' have tangible results? Something that can be pointed to?

Let's say we're making a list of accomplishments of Trump's. Would this make the list? How would you describe it? Is the NFL and private citizens' protest an appropriate topic for the Prez to even discuss, let alone focus on at this time?

I'm going to clue you in on something: being 'right' is quite often not the most important thing. You're fawning over Trump (which really doesn't fit in with your avowed persona, I guess you think everyone else is too stupid to notice the inconsistency) because you think polling has shown he's 'right.' No discussion or analysis of whether it was a smart thing to even bring up or continue talking about, not from you.

I swear to Christ, some of you guys will eat up any shallow bullshit that seems to help your narrative. Try putting a second of thought into things before repeating them in the future

Cycloptichorn
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:42 am
@revelette1,
Oh, I think football is safe. Team owners (and all the many other interest groups/entities profiting handsomely from the sport) won't be happy with any continuation of Trump's attempt to bully/cajole/hurt the industry. Money is what they tend to be about. And most are Republicans with serious connections to the party.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:44 am
Quote:
Kushner didn't disclose personal email account to Senate 02:36

Washington (CNN) — In his closed interview with the staff of the Senate intelligence committee, White House senior adviser and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner did not share the existence of his personal email account, which he has used for official business, CNN has learned.

CNN has also learned that the chair and vice chair of the committee were so unhappy that they learned about the existence of his personal email account via news reports that they wrote him a letter via his attorney Thursday instructing him to double-check that he has turned over every relevant document to the committee including those from his "'personal email account' described to the news media, as well as all other email accounts, messaging apps, or similar communications channels you may have used, or that may contain information relevant to our inquiry."

CNN

0 Replies

snood

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:44 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Trump's decision to attack PR's leadership, from his plush bed at a golf course, is a ******* national embarrassment. The truth is that his admin wasn't prepared for this at all and has done very little to address the crisis.

We have a president who spends more time on Twitter attacking his own citizenry and threatening other countries than he does anything else even remotely related to his job. What a piece of **** he is.

Cycloptichorn

And that is a far more relevant observation than 'reporting' that he made some cheap political points by falsely depicting black athletes as being against the grand ole flag. I mean, what really are we supposed to glean from that? That Trump is a soulless slag who will stoop to any means to self aggrandize? Duh!
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:46 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I think you should be able to ascertain from how it's framed that it IS a shallow win.

The overriding point is that politics is always a series of shallow wins, especially recently.

'Fawning'?? I think he's horrible. You guys are reading with an outrageous amount of emotional baggage. I haven't said one positive thing ever about Trump. I'm not blind to facts though. It's like all of you are drugged.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:46 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
It advances no goal for us, unless the goal is to divide the country and stoke racial resentment.

And to fill up the media space with irrelevant noise to inhibit reporting on Trump, his administration, its policies and the consequences of them.

Still your answer wins you the Solstice Festival Turkey.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:56 am
@blatham,
If you were trying to learn from an event, rather than censor the event, you might learn something.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:56 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
It advances no goal for us, unless the goal is to divide the country and stoke racial resentment.

Putin must be so proud.
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 09:59 am
Trump's FEMA is advising Puerto Ricans in crisis to register with FEMA via the internet. There's no phone service and no electricity and no internet almost anywhere on the island.

So, heck of a job, Trumpie.

0 Replies

snood

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 10:00 am
Yes, I think Lash really does think everyone is too stupid to notice the phony hypocritical core that's exposed by her fawning over Trump's political "wins". The only thing consistent in her deeply conflicted, rotten narrative is the clear desire to be able to say she was 'right' about something.
blatham

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 10:09 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Meanwhile, Breitbart and Bannon himself, not to mention the Moore candidacy, are funded mainly or significantly by hedge fund capitalist fat cat Robert Mercer. So that's all consistent.

Jane Mayer catches the same hypocrisy (but adding another important character)
Quote:
Jane Mayer‏ @JaneMayerNYer Sep 29
Gotta love Bannon denouncing Wall St& SiliconValley "fat cats" while funded by Bob Mercer and Peter Thiel

0 Replies

Lash

Sat 30 Sep, 2017 10:10 am
@snood,
Well, I am certain you're all stupid.
0 Replies