monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 09:15 pm
@MontereyJack,

Brutal poll shows most people think Trump is unfit for the presidency, are embarrassed he's president, and want him to stop tweeting

Jeremy Berke
President Donald Trump is unfit for office, isn't level-headed, and should stop tweeting, a majority of voters said in a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday.
Overall, 56% of voters say Trump is not fit to serve as president. Trump's disapproval rating is 57%, with only 36% of voters approving of the job he's doing amid his administration's response to the devastation in Puerto Rico and his party's failure to pass legislation repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act. 
Trump's support among Republicans remains still high, however: 84% of Republicans say he is fit to serve in the Oval Office, compared to just 5% of Democrats and 40% of independents.
Here are some of the poll's highlights:
69% of voters want Trump to give up his Twitter account, which he has used in recent days to castigate professional athletes from the NBA and NFL, as well as his political opponents.
62% of voters disapprove of the way Trump is handling race relations, with 55% of white voters and 95% of black voters disapproving.
51% of voters say they are embarrassed to have Trump as president.
67% say he isn't level-headed.
"There is no upside. With an approval rating frozen in the mid-thirties, his character and judgment questioned, President Donald Trump must confront the harsh fact that the majority of American voters feel he is simply unfit to serve in the highest office in the land," said Tim Malloy, the assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll
oralloy

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 09:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Highly unlikely. In the event that happens the nation will turn on Trump for playing "My balls are bigger than yours" with a penny ante autocrat of a penny ante nation, building the agro until it cost Americans their lives, instead of working to defuse the situation. He will be impeached and convicted bipartisanly and forced to retire in disgrace. Then sent up for life. Then we will send in David Boneranaz and the Seal Team to finish Kim Jong Un off in prime time.

Only liberals will hate Trump for defending America. Many liberals will stand under the incoming warheads stammering:

"But but but.... I hate America just as much as you do Mr. Kim."

Actual Americans will rally to support Trump. Once the nation rallies to Trump, liberals who are too open about their hatred of America will probably suffer a number of unfortunate accidents.
oralloy

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 09:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It might be amusing if you told the truth. Since you don;t, though you always pat yourself on the back with that false claim, it's not that amusing

Says the person who can't point to a single fact that I am wrong about.
oralloy

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 09:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Brutal poll shows most people think Trump is unfit for the presidency, are embarrassed he's president, and want him to stop tweeting

There were people who hated Washington, Lincoln, and FDR too.

People who hate Trump will go down in history alongside the people who hated all of our other great presidents.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:01 pm
@oralloy,
It's not my fault you have a lousy memory. Just recently, everything you have said about BLM us false and your own cites didn't back you up.
MontereyJack

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:07 pm
@oralloy,
Ain't gonna happen. If he is the first president to bumble us into a nuclear war, he'll be out the door and on the first bus to Leavenworth so fast it'll make your head spin. When Moeller gets through with his case, Trump'll be on the bus to Leavenworth much sooner.
izzythepush

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 12:24 am
Quote:
The coroner who examined Otto Warmbier's body has said there is no clear indication he had been tortured during his detention in North Korea.
The comments contradict statements made by the US student's parents in a TV interview with Fox on Tuesday.
They said North Korea had "systematically tortured" their son after he was jailed for stealing a sign during a holiday in Pyongyang in 2016.
The Ohio county coroner said he had died from lack of oxygen to the brain.
"We don't know what happened to him and that's the bottom line," Dr Lakshmi Sammarco said in a news conference on Wednesday.
Otto Warmbier died in June shortly after being released by North Korea on medical grounds. He arrived home in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness".
North Korea said he contracted botulism shortly after being sentenced, but US doctors have disputed this.
In their interview with Fox and Friends, Fred and Cindy Warmbier said when they first saw him on his return, their son was "jerking violently" and made "inhuman sounds".
They said his arms and legs were "totally deformed", he had a scar on his foot that had been an open wound for some time, and his bottom teeth looked "like someone had taken a pair of pliers" to them.
"Otto was systematically tortured and intentionally injured by Kim and his regime," said Mr Warmbier.
Dr Sammarco conducted an external examination and scans of Mr Warmbier's body - his parents refused a post-mortem.
She said she was "surprised" by the Warmbier's statement.
"I felt very comfortable that there wasn't any evidence of trauma" to the teeth, she told reporters. There were only small scars on his body, including his foot. One of the scars could not be explained.
But she said his body and skin were in "excellent condition" for someone who had been bedridden for more than a year.
She said he died from lack of oxygen and blood to the brain caused by an injury more than year before.
Muscle spasms, eye movements and noises can all be consistent with oxygen deprivation.
US President Donald Trump had called the Warmbier's appearance "a great interview", and said "Otto was tortured beyond belief".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41423729
izzythepush

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 12:31 am
Quote:
On Saturday 23 September President Trump tweeted a response to a supposed Iranian missile launch. The problem is that this test-fire didn’t actually happen.
Iranian state television broadcast footage of a missile being launched on Friday 22 September. It claimed it was footage of a new type of medium-range ballistic missile. But US officials later told Fox News that the video was an old one. Specifically of a failed launch from January 2017 in which the missile exploded not long after liftoff.

This is an embarrassment for Trump and it’s indicative of the trigger-happy approach he has to foreign policy. And it has also given people another reason to call his competence into question:

https://www.thecanary.co/global/2017/09/26/it-looks-like-iran-is-trolling-trump-and-it-seems-to-be-working/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 12:44 am
Quote:
A writer who became notorious for peddling "fake news" during the 2016 US election campaign has died at 38.
Paul Horner was found dead in his bed in Laveen, Arizona, on 18 September, after a suspected drug overdose, officials said.
Horner, who published fraudulent articles on Facebook and websites he set up, claimed he was the reason Donald Trump was elected in November.
Fake news was a major concern during and after the US presidential campaign.
A surge of made-up stories has been accused by some of influencing the outcome of the vote.
Among Horner's creations was a false claim that former President Barack Obama was both gay and a radical Muslim.
Mr Trump's son Eric, and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, posted one of Horner's fake news items about protesters being paid $3,000 to demonstrate against the Republican candidate.
Many of Horner's sites, such as newsexaminer.net, had names falsely suggesting legitimacy.
However, Horner defended his work as "political satire".
"There's a lot of humour and comedy in it," he told CNN in December. "I do it to try to educate people. I see certain things wrong in society that I don't like and different targets."
His brother Jj Horner posted on Facebook that he had died in his sleep at his mother's house, describing the writer as "an internet wizard, a humanitarian, an activist, a philosopher, a comedian".
A Maricopa County sheriff's office spokesman, Mark Casey, later confirmed the death and said an autopsy had shown no signs of foul play.
He said Horner had a history of prescription drug abuse and that "evidence at the scene suggested this could be an accidental overdose".
After coming under pressure, sites such as Facebook have been working with US investigators to track down the authors of misinformation on the internet and establish whether they aimed to sway voters.
In an interview with the Washington Post in November, Horner said: "I think Trump is in the White House because of me.
"My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time... His followers don't fact-check anything - they'll post everything, believe anything."
But asked whether he targeted fake news at Hillary Clinton's supporters to help her rival, he answered: "No. I hate Trump."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41422827
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 01:32 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Just recently, everything you have said about BLM is false and your own cites didn't back you up.

He bothered with cites? Interesting. Just does the slander trick with me.
Builder

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 02:20 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
It'll get better. The nation will rally around Trump when North Korea nukes a few American cities and Trump erases North Korea from existence.

I thought the screws were coming loose. Now I'm quite convinced you've lost it.

NK is yet to show they can reach the isle of Guam with so much as a slingshot.

How'd you go with geography at skool?

I hear it's a stumbling block for many American children.
hightor

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 03:05 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Good post.
Quote:
It is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better and that's nothing to hope for.

Except that it isn't going to get better.
Builder

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 03:26 am
@hightor,
Quote:

Meaning the democratic republic is a failure?

0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 03:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's not my fault you have a lousy memory.

My memory is perfect.

MontereyJack wrote:
Just recently, everything you have said about BLM us false

Nope. BLM goons really do call for police to be harshly punished if they dare to defend themselves when a black person tries to murder them, just as I said they do.

MontereyJack wrote:
and your own cites didn't back you up.

Nope. Those cites showed BLM goons calling for police to be harshly punished if they dare to defend themselves when a black person tries to murder them, just as I said they did.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 03:59 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Ain't gonna happen. If he is the first president to bumble us into a nuclear war, he'll be out the door and on the first bus to Leavenworth so fast it'll make your head spin.

No. This liberal tendency to blame America for the aggression of other nations is only going to result in liberals suffering unfortunate accidents if they are foolish enough to spout their crap after America has been attacked.

MontereyJack wrote:
When Moeller gets through with his case, Trump'll be on the bus to Leavenworth much sooner.

At the moment there is no reason to think Trump has done anything wrong to begin with. If Mueller were to heed your call to accuse Trump of imaginary crimes, no one would pay any heed to his charges.

In the fairly unlikely event that Mueller does find some sort of wrongdoing, pardons will make short work of that.

All your witch hunt will really achieve is, it has people seriously thinking about the best way to go about abolishing the Democratic Party.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 04:00 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
He bothered with cites? Interesting. Just does the slander trick with me.

I always provide cites upon request.

Your suggestion that I have slandered you, or tried to slander you, is a complete fabrication.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 04:03 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I thought the screws were coming loose. Now I'm quite convinced you've lost it.
NK is yet to show they can reach the isle of Guam with so much as a slingshot.

Wrong. They have demonstrated the ability to strike Guam with missiles. And analysts say they have developed atomic warheads that can fit on those missiles.

Builder wrote:
How'd you go with geography at skool?
I hear it's a stumbling block for many American children.

It really doesn't behove you to demean your intellectual betters. I realize that it is difficult to prop up your arguments since they are largely gibberish, but still, all it does is make you look more foolish.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 04:05 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

It will get better. When the nation rallies around Trump, liberalism will be destroyed as a functional ideology in America.
Olivier5

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 04:09 am
@nimh,
What Nimh said.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 04:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
The master of "whataboutism" sounds off!

"The Democrats did it too" is always a good place-holder while searching for something meaningful to say and because of the venal nature of competitive politics it contains an element of truth — yes, personal attacks are common to both sides. No ****, Sherlock! But one crucial difference is the sheer amount of money the Republicans and their corporate allies have available for slick ad campaigns based on extensive market research and tailored to individual voters, states, or regions. The Waldman article mentions the 2004 election — can anyone find one Democratic ad campaign as malicious, dishonest, and effective as the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth"? Anything as puerile as the birther lie? Anything as far-fetched and long-lived as the Clinton body count?