monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 08:41 pm
But, I still avoid bums covered in snot, wandering around the subway station, screaming about the apocalypse. Just good sense. Along with right wing lying scumbag haters!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 08:43 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
That's because you have lousy sources.

My sources are fine. The FBI position is exactly what I said it was, and you have no facts to the contrary.

glitterbag wrote:
You seem to be so blinded by some white supremist pseudo macho persona, rational fact finding is far beyond your skill level.

Funny how I'm the one who is posting all the rational facts here.

glitterbag wrote:
Keep up the good work, but try not to make the rest of our country look like a raving bunch of yahoo lunatics who all went to school in Texas.

Anyone who judges the nation by my posts will see nothing but honor, integrity, and the valiant pursuit of truth and justice.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 08:45 pm
glitterbag wrote:
lie because they hate people.

You cannot point out a single untrue thing that I've said.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 08:45 pm
@oralloy,
We will have to agree to disagree.
oralloy

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 08:56 pm
@Real Music,
Well I can certainly do that. But you didn't see anyplace where I was factually wrong did you?

Didn't the link that you posted show that they were upset because Mr. Zimmerman and Officer Wilson were not punished for defending themselves?
0 Replies

BillW

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 09:43 pm
Quote:
Though (Preet) Bharara and Trump do not see eye to eye on many issues, he does not underestimate the President.

"I think that the people who go around saying that the President is not smart are wrong," Bharara told CNN. "This idea that people want to infantilize him gives him not enough credit. To say that someone is just spouting off in a tantrum is to suggest that he's not intentional about the harm he's doing and about the people he's attacking. I think he's very intentional about it."
Real Music

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 12:33 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That shows them referring to self defense against Trayvon Martin as murder, as if it was somehow wrong for Mr. Zimmerman to defend himself.

So they wanted Trayvon Martin to be able to go around murdering people with impunity.
The fact that you would make a comment like "they wanted Trayvon Martin to be able to go around murdering people with impunity" demonstrates to me that the founders of #BLACKLIVESMATTER movement was absolutely correct. In the youtube video the founders of Black Lives Matter commented that there are people out there who are attempting to make the victim (Treyvon Martin) out to be the bad guy and the murderer-(George Zimmerman) out to be the good guy who was supposedly defending himself. Which, by the way, is exactly what you, Oralloy are doing. Let's not forget that Treyvon Martin, (the real victim) was a 17 year old black teenager walking back home from the store with a bag of skittles minding his own business. He was being stalked by a grown man name George Zimmerman at night. George Zimmerman was instructed by the police dispatch not to follow Treyvon and that the police will come out and take care of everything. Zimmerman ignored those instructions of the police dispatcher. Zimmerman continued to stalk the real victim (Treyvon Martin). After stalking Treyvon, George Zimmerman decided to take upon himself to confront Treyvon. Remember that Treyvon had done nothing wrong. Treyvon was minding his own business walking back home with a bag of skittles. Remember that George Zimmerman was the one who called the police. Remember that George Zimmerman had been instructed to stay away, not to confront Treyvon, and to let police take care of the everything. Remember that George Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. Remember, if anyone felt threaten for their personal safety, it would be the 17 year teenager being stalked by a grown man at night. Remember that the victim (Treyvon Martin) was unarmed. I also seem to remember that the police took Zimmerman word to what happen as being factual. I seem to remember the police did not arrest Zimmerman until the next day due only to public pressure. I also seem to remember that the (wanna be cop) George Zimmerman had previously applied to become a police officer and was denied and rejected. I forgot what was the reason for his police application denial. During the unnecessary confrontation initiated by the stalker George Zimmerman resulted in the death of Treyvon Martin. Since Treyvon Martin is DEAD, we will never get to hear his version of what happen that night. All of this is what I remember about the George Zimmerman and Treyvon Martin case. All of this is from my memory of the case. If any of the details are not exactly accurate, remember this is strictly from my memory of the case.

Builder

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 01:39 am
@MontereyJack,
It's a fairly recent thing, to have the players stand for the anthem.

Does the audience all stand?
roger

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:05 am
@Builder,
We sure used to. I don't know about lately.
Real Music

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:16 am
@Builder,
As far as I can remember, the American audience and the players have always stood during the national anthem. So, I can't really say for sure when that tradition actually started.
roger

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:23 am
@Real Music,
I recall it being that way somewhat after WWII. May have been earlier, but I wasn't around then.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:50 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
As far as I can remember, the American audience and the players have always stood during the national anthem.

Found this article on the topic.

Quote:
“Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the National Anthem,” the NFL said in a statement issued Saturday, in response to the controversy that emerged when 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick opted not to stand during the playing of the national anthem on Friday night in Santa Clara, prior to a game against the Packers.

I, personally, think patriotism is kind of strange.

To make it mandatory for public figures, is borderline fascist.
izzythepush

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:57 am
@Real Music,
We only have national anthems at international matches. Having them at domestic matches seems a bit strange.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 03:18 am
@roger,
It was a big deal at high school games, college, and pro games. I haven't been in a while.

You could get cuffed in the back of the head in high school if you were slow to stand.

Of course, I was raised in the Deep South.
Real Music

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 03:21 am
@Lash,
It's the same all over America. That has been a part of the American culture for a very long time.
Builder

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 03:23 am
@Lash,
We're still under monarchy rule, via a governer general, who answers to the queen of England.

Our national anthem is so obscure, and recent, hardly anyone knows more than the first verse.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 03:25 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
That has been a part of the American culture for a very long time.

I'm not seeing any unity at all in US culture.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 03:32 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Of course, I was raised in the Deep South.

Really? One would never have guessed.
Builder

Mon 25 Sep, 2017 03:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Really? One would never have guessed.

Still tryna score brownie points with the crew here issy?

I really hope you're okay over there.

Seems like you're glued to the keyboard, and locked in to this page.
0 Replies