monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:34 pm
Email Scandal!! We need multiple investigations! Lock them up. Lock them up.
Quote:
Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

...The decision to set up new, private accounts as Kushner was preparing to enter the White House came in the wake of a bitter election campaign in which Trump routinely excoriated his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for using a personal email account to handle government business when she was secretary of state.

...Kushner's representatives declined to detail the server or security measures on it.
Politico
Lash

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:37 pm
@blatham,
It's perfectly applicable.

Some people roll their sleeves up and do what they can to make a difference down in the unattractive mire with the people who are stuck in it; others give lip service to so-called liberal principles, wouldn't even drive through those neighborhoods.

I stand by the term and the content.

Get a little close to home?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:42 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Trump routinely excoriated his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for using a personal email account to handle government business when she was secretary of state.

No. A "personal email account" was not the issue at all. Hillary actually set up her own private server, knowingly in violation of State Department rules, deleted emails from it without any government supervision, and God only knows how many foreign enemies hacked into her system.
blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:43 pm
Quote:
Trump said he wants "a see-through wall" at the border, so citizens on the US side can avoid falling sacks of drugs lobbed over by dealers' catapults.
Josh Marshall‏Verified account @joshtpm 17h17 hours ago
Think for a moment what kind of bullshit nonsense universe you have to live on for this not to be completely ******* ridiculous.

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:49 pm
@revelette1,
Kaepernick 's mom tweeted Trump: "I guess that makes me a proud bitch!"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:50 pm
http://neguswhoread.com/what-to-say-black-on-black-crime/

read the whole thing

or just the final section

or this excerpt

Quote:
You know what they call “White-on-White crime?”

Crime.

What if, after every tragedy, someone said the same thing to you? What if Omar Mateen’s family, after the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando, responded “well don’t ask me about my son until you address White on White Crime like Sandy Hook killings. Or the Aurora Colorado shooting. Or the Gabby Giffords shooting. Or the Columbine killings. Or… ”

Now that I think about it, maybe y’all should do something about White-on-White crime.

Because you are my friend, I want to tell you why this argument makes me so mad:

WHAT THE **** DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!?!

Black Lives Matter began as a movement to address the mistreatment of Black bodies by the State. When you try to insert an entirely different argument into the discussion, it means you’re either:

a. Admitting that you’re too stupid to know what we’re talking about so you want to change subjects
b. Intentionally trying to deflect the conversation because you know you don’t have a point
c. Trying to pull a sleight of hand and conflate two different subjects, because you’re evil

Would you bust (yes, I said “bust.” Black people don’t say “burst.”) into an American Cancer Society fundraiser and start screaming about AIDS? Why not? You know why, and so do I:

Because it wasn’t relevant to the conversation. Because it is a distraction. Because it would sound stupid.

No, man, I don’t think you’re stupid. I wanted to have this conversation because I respect you and I want you to get a full perspective of how infuriating that question is. It’s as if you went to the funeral of someone who died in a car crash to remind every member of the family that Cousin Jamie smoked Newports and drank Pepsi all day, so they shouldn’t be upset. She probably would’ve died anyway.

If I thought you were stupid I wouldn’t argue with you about police lynchings because I know what it means when people crowbar the Black on Black crime argument into the discussion of police brutality.

It means “You niggers are animals, anyway. So quit complaining!”

It means that after a generations of segregation, Jim Crow, redlining and the kind of corporate cuckolding that lock poor people in a zoo inside neighborhoods that you can call “urban” and “underprivileged” so you can control with an iron fist…

It means “stay in your place, Niggers

…and die.”

They always make sure we die.

Always.
blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:53 pm
Shall we note that Fox and Trump have both been far, far more outraged by professional sports figures (mainly blacks) kneeling during the anthem (as a silent protest against continuing racism in the US) then they were as regards neo-nazis, white supremacists and anti-Semites marching with weapons and torches and their nazi or supremacist flags.

Not to put too fine a point on it but that's really fucked up.
ehBeth

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:59 pm
@blatham,
Huuugely fucked up.

Bigly fucked up.
blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:05 pm
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
Please to inform that the Champion Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL will be joining me at the White House for Ceremony. Great team!

Isn't that grand. Hundreds upon hundreds of African American hockey players will stand with Trump to make America great again.

Also African American badminton players and African American polo players. They respect the flag. They're patriots.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:06 pm
@ehBeth,
So fucked up that adjectives are _______ insufficient.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:09 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

The poll broke down President Trump's approval by sport fans as follows:

NASCAR: 38 percent unfavorable, 50 percent favorable.
Hockey: 50-42.
Baseball: 51-39.
Football: 53-37.
Tennis: 61-32.
Basketball: 62-28.

yup

yup

hockey fans are right next to those NASCAR fans

gotta keep that white audience onside

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:09 pm
Check this out (and factor it in with Lash's recent "limousine liberal" comment)
Quote:
Joe Walsh‏Verified account
@WalshFreedom
Stevie Wonder takes a knee for the Anthem during a concert.

Another ungrateful black multi millionaire.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:12 pm
Winner of today's No ****, Sherlock award
Quote:
Hillary Clinton‏Verified account @HillaryClinton 5h5 hours ago
Hillary Clinton Retweeted Samy Nemir Olivares
President Trump, Sec. Mattis, and DOD should send the Navy, including the USNS Comfort, to Puerto Rico now. These are American citizens.

Imagine, if you will, that island being populated with well-off Anglo Saxon types.
ehBeth

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:14 pm
@blatham,
if only they could vote federally

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:20 pm
Quote:
Tomi Lahren‏Verified account
@TomiLahren
Congrats to Colin Kaepernick for popularizing the hatred of America. Good work, bro. Your buddy George Soros is so proud. #istand

To which we have the reply...
Quote:
Charles P. Pierce‏Verified account @CharlesPPierce 1h1 hour ago
Charles P. Pierce Retweeted Tomi Lahren
Its wingnut bingo!
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Not real Americans. It's a baseball farm island.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:24 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Shall we note that Fox and Trump have both been far, far more outraged by professional sports figures (mainly blacks) kneeling during the anthem (as a silent protest against continuing racism in the US)

Demanding that blacks be allowed to murder police officers with impunity is hardly a protest against racism.

blatham wrote:
then they were as regards neo-nazis, white supremacists and anti-Semites marching with weapons and torches and their nazi or supremacist flags.

That's not true. Trump denounced neo-nazis just as strongly as he is denouncing these thugs who want to murder police officers.
oralloy

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:25 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
if only they could vote federally

Hopefully we'll grant them statehood. I'd like to see the US Virgin Islands join as part of that same state.

I'd also like to see Guam and the Northern Marianas Islands join as a single state too.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 03:28 pm
Now this is one hell of a great photograph

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhDDNKVYAAMTa3.jpg
0 Replies