monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:43 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
“Trump was playing into a meme about violent leftists that was well developed on the right,” Peter Beinart, a journalism and political science professor at the City University of New York, told me. “Those on the left had heard much less of it.

I nominate this for your No **** Sherlock Award.

This article is just another attempt to excuse political violence if it comes from the left.

Condemn it all without qualification or the Left-wing violence will grow.

I know you don't want that.
blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're a very poor reader.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:45 pm
In 2015, there were how many fatal shootings in Japan?

One.
ossobucotemp

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:47 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Eh, it could have been at some other source. I'll worry about it tomorrow.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

(I'm sure Lash will cry herself to sleep when she learns that you simply can't abide her)

I never said I couldn't abide Lash and besides, she's busy obsessing about Hillary Clinton.....
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And your obsessions are making me a little uneasy.
blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Don't allow him to represent men.

My obsessions are really quite delicious.
glitterbag

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:12 pm
@blatham,
Be still my heart.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:22 pm
Quote:
Shannon Watts‏Verified account @shannonrwatts 12h12 hours ago
Shannon Watts Retweeted CNN
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them," Margaret Atwood

A few years ago, I was posting at National Review as a sort of experiment. In one exchange, a fellow insisted (and I do mean insisted) that women rape men as often as or more often than the reverse.

Whoever than man was, I don't want to have his babies.

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:29 pm
At 1:30 AM, Trump's lawyers texts reporter Natasha Bertrand. This is the total text.
Quote:
Are you on drugs? Have you read anything else on this???

This is a classy crowd.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:33 pm
For political violence on the part ot the so-called left to grow in the absence of Mr. Latham's condemnation would require him to be a major influence in the public arena. I don't think that would be an accurate statement.
blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:35 pm
On issues of character and dignity.

Since the election, how many times has Donald Trump spoken of or referenced Hillary in a negative, derogatory, insulting manner? 200? That's got to be close.

And since the election, how many times has Hillary written or said something negative, derogatory and insulting about Trump?

And Trump won the election.
blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 09:41 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
would require him to be a major influence in the public arena
Odd coincidence. I was just now trying to figure out how to design a system which would help me determine, objectively, what level of "international political influencer" I now am. I can't say I'm close to a good design here but I can say that I hope it's not too big a job because of my constant anxiety on this very issue.
blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 10:14 pm
Youtube software has concluded that I might enjoy watching...

Get Smart Hottest Girls Top 10

My first thought on seeing the invitation was "What a cheesy still shot they've chosen". And my next thought was, "Who the **** spent countless hours, months speeding through Get Smart episodes in order to compile these sequences, almost 5 minutes in length? Who the **** is that guy?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 11:02 pm
@blatham,
I'm worried that you don't sleep well at night.
blatham

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 11:50 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I'm worried that you don't sleep well at night.

I sleep the way babies sleep. The ones in Chucky movies.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 4 Sep, 2017 12:41 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Since the election, how many times has Donald Trump spoken of or referenced Hillary in a negative, derogatory, insulting manner? 200? That's got to be close.

I guess Trump doesn't have an autonomous existence. He's but the long and fat shadow cast by Clinton. Without her, he wouldn't be in the White House.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 4 Sep, 2017 01:47 am
President Obama Roasts Donald Trump At White House Correspondents' Dinner!
Apr 30, 2011
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 4 Sep, 2017 04:07 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And that was pretty much my point, but blatham seems to think all evil flows from the right.

It's not that all evil flows from the right — its that the right has the means to successfully promote lies and half-truths and sell its message to the resentful. The left has some institutional power in academia and in the press and of course there are wealthy individuals who contribute to "leftist" causes and candidates, but the left's funding sources pale when compared to those of the right. So while both sides may harbor nasty vindictive people — along with lovable ones like Finn and Bernie — only the right has deep enough pockets to successfully promote organizations like ALEC. Or the Koch-funded campaign of climate change denial. Or think tanks devoted to destroying public education ("government schools"). Or media commentators paid in the tens of millions of dollars to uncritically defend Trump and conduct continuing hate campaigns against people like HRC, Soros, and Jimmy Carter. The right would be foundering without its vast sources of money, its ability to out-shout every other viewpoint, and its slick 30 year old ad campaign to promote itself as the champion of middle-class white America. Money is the medium. Money is the message. It's all about money.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 4 Sep, 2017 04:30 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Both sides have had (and continue to have) shameful episodes in their history.

Why, yes. And now is a particularly shameful time for the right. They've got this sadistic morron elected as president with more than a little help from Moscow.
0 Replies