monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Blickers

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 09:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
The president didn't call the white supremacists "good people." I know that's the narrative you want to push but it is simply false. He said there were "good people" among the demonstrators who were against the removal of the statue. I don't know how he knows that to be true but then you can't know that it is false.

The sentence in red does not justify the rest of your post. Once again, in this video show me all the "good people" that are apparent. If you can't, then you can't justify Trump's pandering to the Klan/Nazis in sympathy with those Unite The Right marchers surrounding the few counter protestors, beating and murdering them.
Guardian Video
Real Music

Fri 1 Sep, 2017 10:53 pm
Lately there have been a lot of discussion regarding what happen in Charlottesville and all over the country. Discussions regarding the Klu Klux Klan, David Duke, White Supremacy, Steve Bannon, Breitbart, the Alt-Right, Neo Nazi, racial violence, statues, monuments, and Donald Trump responses. Here is video regarding another response by Donald Trump from the past. This is how Donald Trump responded to a group of black teenagers and one latino teenager who were exonerated of a crime with DNA evidence and a confession by the real rapist. None of that was good enough for Donald Trump.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 04:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Walsh is "stupid" because he disagrees with you.
No. Limbaugh is not stupid. Walsh is stupid.
Rove is not stupid. Steve King is stupid.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 06:25 am
Just bumped into this site. "Tracking Russian influence operations on twitter"
Quote:
Top Themes
Updated on August 21, 8:10 AM
Unrest in the United States was front and center for Russian influence operations on Twitter this week, as users in the network sought to amplify alt-right alarmism about the left-wing Antifa (short for anti-fascist) movement. For consecutive days, the most-tweeted link in the network by far was a whitehouse.gov petition to declare Antifa a terrorist group. In addition to pushing hashtags and a direct link to the page, stories about the petition were the most-retweeted over the last 24 hours by two different Twitter accounts for Russia today, while the RT-affiliated Ruptly pushed video of a fight between neo-Nazis and Antifa activists in Berlin.
http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 07:27 am
Mueller has early draft of Trump letter with reasons for firing Comey (NYT

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has obtained a letter drafted by President Trump and a top political aide that offered an unvarnished view of Mr. Trump’s thinking in the days before the president fired the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey.

The circumstances and reasons for the firing are believed to be a significant element of Mr. Mueller’s investigation, which includes whether Mr. Trump obstructed justice by firing Mr. Comey.

The rest at the source, pretty interesting the way the letter was drafted in the first place and how it stopped. It also shows the absolute petty stubbornness of the President in the face of his own destruction.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 08:46 am
@nimh,
You're ignoring the rest of my response to you

Quote:
Oralloy was called a Brown Shirt. His accuser can't possibly know that he is involved in political violence.

What would Brown Shirt tactics in a forum such as A2K look like?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 09:53 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

The president didn't call the white supremacists "good people." I know that's the narrative you want to push but it is simply false. He said there were "good people" among the demonstrators who were against the removal of the statue. I don't know how he knows that to be true but then you can't know that it is false.

This is false. Trump specifically said there were 'good people's at the Friday night rally. The one, yaknow, featuring a bunch of white dudes with torches chanting anti-Jew slogans and other white supremacist slogans.

Who were the good people at such an event? Would you have stuck around? Would you think that anyone who marched while chanting racist slogans was a 'good person?' Trump does, he said exactly this. He said this because he believes that good people do these things and associate with people who do these things.

Frankly there's one person here pushing a false narrative about Trump's words, and it's not the people you are responding to. Why are you still defending the guy? You ******* know he is a scumbag, you're to smart to be one of the fools who blindly follows his idiocy. So why continue? Just to have fun arguing?

Cycloptichorn

snood

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 10:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
If someone knows Trump's scumbag and still defends him, that person is sort of scummy too. If one pretends not to know he's a scumbag so that they can defend him, that person is a liar besides. And anyone who by now still can't see Trump's a scumbag, they are insane or impaired.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 11:22 am
Multiple news sources report that President Plump wants Anti-Fascist Action to be declared a terrorist organization. Not the Nazis, not the white supremacists--just the anti-fascists. It's easy to see who he considers a threat, and who he considers members of his "base."
hightor

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 11:52 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:

Who were the good people at such an event?

oralloy considers some of the armed militiamen to have been good guys. They basically claimed to support neither side and were just there to prevent violence and exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

I consider them to be idiots, grown men playing soldier. Whether their presence substantiates the president's claim that there were "good people" (on both sides) is up for discussion. But according to Finn, the "good" people were among those demonstrating against the removal of the statue. Since the militiamen claim to have been neutral it would be inaccurate to deem them as part of the good guy contingent as they were on neither "side".
snood

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 12:31 pm
Once and for all - If you're with a large group of people who begin chanting "Jews will not replace us", and you don't immediately leave - you are not "good people".
revelette1

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 03:05 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
What the police really need in order to do their job is more gear from the military. To demonstrate what I mean, watch the video of a nurse being arrested by a policeman who ought to have his own tank.

I don't know if it will amount to any justice (rarely does) but two officers were put on leave. (I wonder if the other guy was the one officer Payne was talking to?) Usually, if you want justice against incidents like this involving the police, you have to sue in civil court.

Quote:
Two Salt Lake City police officers have been placed on paid administrative leave after a shocking video of a nurse's arrest sparked nationwide outrage.

The Salt Lake City police department announced on Friday that it had put Detective Jeff Payne, the officer who arrested Alex Wubbels, plus a second employee, on leave "pending the results of an investigation." The second employee was not identified, but police spokeswoman Christina Judd confirmed to NBC News on Saturday that he was also a police officer.

NBC NEWS
ossobucotemp

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 03:17 pm
@revelette1,
Could the hospital sue as well? Just wondering..
glitterbag

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 04:13 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Those policemen were behaving shamefully. I don't believe for a second they didn't know they needed either the patients permission or a court order. Any 'evidence' collected unlawfully can't be used in court.

But the larger issue is that they tried to force a person to break the law/violate another's civil rights. When presented with the document they lost their tempers and manhandled an employee of a hospital, then arrested her.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 04:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Could the hospital sue as well? Just wondering..

Anyone can sue anyone else for anything. Whether the suit gets dismissed on a quick Summary Judgment is another matter.

What would you imagine the hospital's damages might be? In the sort of action the hospital might pursue (same as the nurse) there have to be damages. You can't just sue because you are pissed off at someone. (Well again you could but it would get thrown out if you couldn't prove you were somehow damaged. The hospital can't claim emotional distress. Of course, some people do it anyway just to try and make the person who pissed them off spend money on a lawyer. Getting to the Motion for Summary Judgment can cost thousands)
ossobucotemp

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 04:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thanks.
I'm no attorney, as anyone here knows; am listening. I've worked in a couple of famously good hospitals, but never on the legal end of varied matters.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 06:37 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Multiple news sources report that President Plump wants Anti-Fascist Action to be declared a terrorist organization. Not the Nazis, not the white supremacists--just the anti-fascists. It's easy to see who he considers a threat, and who he considers members of his "base."
He's not alone in this. Ingraham and many others on the crazy end are pushing this "antifa" story without any address to white supremacists and neo-nazis.

Of course, that's predictable to 100% probability. But that's also why people on the left have to help police the masked dolts who want to cause trouble. They screw things up for everyone else.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 06:39 pm
@revelette1,
It is something.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 06:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
When presented with the document they lost their tempers and manhandled an employee of a hospital, then arrested her.
There was a behavior in this case which we've seen many times before. That cop went over the edge because the nurse and her supervisor were resisting his wishes. In my experience, the great majority of cops are good people. But the profession also draws a personality type which thrives on or needs to display dominance and who blow up when subservience is not forthcoming.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 06:47 pm
Well, golly goodness. Who'd have imagined it?
Quote:
In a brief filed late on Friday, the Department of Justice confirmed that it has no evidence to support President Donald Trump’s assertions this spring that he was the target of surveillance by the Obama administration while running for office last year.
TPM