monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 08:22 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Well, evidently Trump is unstable. He can't stay the course on any issue; he keeps peddling delusions, etc. So the symptoms are there for all to see. You are right though that only a group of proffesionals could make a precise diagnostic. And even that is not a given. Psychiatrists often disagree; it's not an exact science.

If anyone is peddling delusions it is the liberals. Shall we remove all liberals from political office?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 08:31 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Finn's got a sick antipathy toward Eugene Robinson, an outspoken Pulitzer Prize winning Black journalist who is very often on MSNBC.

This Robinson freak shouldn't publish outrageous tripe if he does not wish people to challenge what he says.

snood wrote:
As ever, Finn is intellectually disingenuous here - not to mention hypocritical.

You cannot point out a single instance of hypocrisy or intellectual dishonesty in his post. He merely pointed out facts that you wish were not true. You shouldn't demean people just because you are uncomfortable with reality.

snood wrote:
He trashes Robinson and defends crazy ass Trump.

Good for Finn! A nice factual defense of the good guys is exactly what was called for.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 08:45 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Quote:
David Catanese‏Verified account
@davecatanese
This Trump supporter is shouting at protestors: "McCain needs to die now!"

So, that's cool.

The sooner the better. I'm tired of him trying to disarm our military and stab his fellow Republicans in the back.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 08:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The Electoral College is the cruel joke a badly misguided subset of the Founding Fathers, who had no faith in democracy, played on us, their descendents. It's been used, what, five times now?

The Electoral College is used every single time we hold a presidential election.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 09:12 pm
@oralloy,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Despite all the daily hoopla Trump likes to create with his tweets, the story has been apparent for some time: Trump's been laundering money for the Russians for quite a few years now, that's why he wouldn't release his tax returns. Mueller suspects it, Mueller has already got several of Trump's associates to turn evidence, and when the story comes out Trump must leave office.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
In the unlikely event that such a thing happened, Trump will still be our president for a full eight years. The Republicans will still hold the White House for a full 20 years by nominating candidates who share in Trump's vision for America. And even after 20 years out of power, the Democrats will still not return to power until they purge their liberals and instead nominate a Trump-lite to be their standard bearer.

Assuming you mean as an "unlikely event" the evidence coming out that Trump has laundered money for the Russians for over a decade, Trump will be forced out either by resignation or by impeachment/conviction. Even with a Republican Congress and Senate.

In fact it might be the Republicans pushing hardest for impeachment/conviction as the revelations are made, eager to get Trump/Pence out of there, (Pence has been telling lies to help Trump), to get House Speaker Paul Ryan in the White House and not have to chance the public will get so turned off by the Trump treachery that we have a Democratic House and Senate. In which case, if the conviction happens after the midterm, the Presidency would go to whichever Democrat is Speaker of the House. At the end, it might well be the Republicans pushing hardest to get impeachment going.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
There's nothing that anyone can do to prevent Trump from issuing mass pardons.

Congress can impeach/convict the President for abusing the power of the pardon. Remember, High Crimes and Misdemeanors, in the impeachment process, means whatever Congress damn well thinks it means. That's the check and balance for the fact that the President can't be put on trial while in office.
oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 09:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
The Deep State is a shadow government that has its own agenda with tentacles reaching through all our branches of government and departments.

It began as primarily the military industrial complex. Eisenhower warned about it. Do you know what portion of the American GDP is spent on them?

I'm having difficulty believing that you are unaware of this.

Blatham's thinking consists of pointing at liberal intellectuals and stating his agreement with whatever they write. If he didn't happen to read a liberal intellectual writing about something recently, he probably doesn't know about it.

Lash wrote:
In his final speech from the White House, President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned that an arms race would take resources from other areas -- such as building schools and hospitals.

Ike was never anything but a problem. During WWII he tried to prevent the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

When he was president he went around telling people that the US would never develop weapons larger than 10mt. Then when the weapons labs tried to develop larger weapons he complained that they'd be making a liar out of him. No one saw fit to tell the goofy buffoon that if he stopped making stupid statements he wouldn't have that problem.

He was also responsible for that annoying rule that we couldn't target something with a weapon greater than 2mt unless the military could justify why smaller nukes were not sufficient to destroy the target.

Lash wrote:
In his remarks, Eisenhower also explained how the situation had developed:

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of ploughshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well.

That must have been news to Springfield Armory.

Lash wrote:
In today's government, Eisenhower has a fan in his fellow Kansan Secretary of Defense Robert Gates — who keeps a portrait of the former general in his office at the Pentagon, Bowman says.

Speaking at the Eisenhower Library last year, Gates talked about America's insatiable appetite for more and more weapons:

"Does the number of warships we have, and are building, really put America at risk, when the U.S. battle fleet is larger than the next 13 navies combined — 11 of which are our partners and allies?

Is it a dire threat that by 2020, the United States will have only 20 times more advanced stealth fighters than China?
These are the kinds of questions Eisenhower asked as commander-in-chief. They are the kinds of questions I believe he would ask today."

That is indeed the sort of crap that Ike would spew.

The United States Navy and Air Force needs to cover the entire planet. That is not something that other Navies and Air Forces need to do. Having enough F-22's to cover one corner of the planet isn't going to be much help if an enemy is attacking us in a different part of the planet.
Blickers

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 09:19 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Trump will still be our president for a full eight years.

In two years, Trump will be living in Russia to avoid prosecution and will have his own Russian Television show named, "I tried to stop the New World Order But They Impeached Me Instead". Commercials on the show will be for Trump's condos along the Volga, luxury condos by Russian standards.

The standard for luxury condos in Russia is that the toilet works most of the time.
McGentrix

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 09:29 pm
I was at my desk earlier and I heard a weird noise. I figured just something outside the window. But, it was becoming a bit more annoying, not unlike a fly at a picnic and I began to wonder what it could be. It was a chattery like sound, high pitched and shrill. Almost whiny.

It was becoming a little louder the longer that I ignored it so I figured I should finally investigate what the high pitched, whiny, chattery noise was. I log in and see that Trump has pardoned Arpaio and the noise was the gnashing of teeth and angry key strokes by so many on the internet.

After finally giving name to the noise, it became almost pleasant. I laughed and went on about my business...

Imagine what our country has come to when the criminals (illegal immigrants in this case) have more rights than the ones chasing (Sheriff Arpaio) after them.

Shame .
oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 09:45 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Assuming you mean as an "unlikely event" the evidence coming out that Trump has laundered money for the Russians for over a decade,

That is indeed what I think is an unlikely event. I seriously doubt that Trump has done any such thing. And if he hasn't done any such thing to begin with, no such evidence will be forthcoming.

Blickers wrote:
Trump will be forced out either by resignation or by impeachment/conviction. Even with a Republican Congress and Senate.

There is no chance of that. If Trump was the vehicle for Russian money laundering that would be a minor crime. The main criminals would be the Russians who were laundering the money. It's even possible that Trump could have been unwitting and not committed any crime himself even if the Russians did use him for money laundering.

Moreover, these crimes would have been in the past. The Democrats said it was OK for Bill Clinton to commit felonies directly in the White House. If the Democrats think that post-Clinton the Republicans will care about minor crimes that occurred before Trump even took office, they're in for a rude awakening.

Blickers wrote:
In fact it might be the Republicans pushing hardest for impeachment/conviction as the revelations are made, eager to get Trump/Pence out of there, (Pence has been telling lies to help Trump), to get House Speaker Paul Ryan in the White House and not have to chance the public will get so turned off by the Trump treachery that we have a Democratic House and Senate. In which case, if the conviction happens after the midterm, the Presidency would go to whichever Democrat is Speaker of the House. At the end, it might well be the Republicans pushing hardest to get impeachment going.

Even if we assume for the sake of argument a hypothetical where Trump was removed, no Republican would consent to remove Pence unless there were evidence of criminal wrongdoing on Pence's part.

Even if Pence was removed too though, the Presidency would not go to the Speaker. If Pence became President, a new VP would be chosen. If Pence were then also removed, his new VP would then become President.

Trump is not engaging in any treachery, so there is nothing here to turn the public off. Even in a worst case scenario that Trump was once a willing vehicle for Russian money laundering, that would hardly amount to treachery.

Blickers wrote:
Congress can impeach/convict the President for abusing the power of the pardon. Remember, High Crimes and Misdemeanors, in the impeachment process, means whatever Congress damn well thinks it means. That's the check and balance for the fact that the President can't be put on trial while in office.

The Republicans will not remove Trump for anything short of proven criminal wrongdoing. And only then if the Democrats can come up with a good argument why anyone should care after they placed Clinton above the law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:52 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
What a dipshit

Because a pack of liberals was planning to ruin the event and Trump graciously bowed out so that the event would not be ruined?

The only dipshits here are the liberals who were planning to ruin the event. And maybe also the liberals who blame Trump for the negative impact of liberal tantrums.

blatham wrote:
To really get a sense of how abnormal and fucked up Trump's behavior is, just go to youtube and watch any of the incredible performances at prior Kennedy Center Honors evenings with Obama or even Dubya attending in celebration and support of the arts.

When a bunch of liberals decide to ruin public events with their tantrums, that is solely the fault of the liberals involved.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 26 Aug, 2017 01:58 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

witch hunt.

Squawk Oralloy want a cracker.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwALSS.jpg?1
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 26 Aug, 2017 03:34 am
@snood,
Quote:
That sounds a little sadistic and even a little more paternalistic. I mean, you hope he's allowed to wreak more havoc so that we "learn our lesson"?
I understand your reluctance to buy into my notion that it would be better if Trump stays in office for a while longer. There certainly are possible situations where that could end up being catastrophic so it is a dicey proposition. My reasoning is that Trump himself is not the problem. Rather, the larger problem is the party and movement that elevated him into this position.
blatham

Sat 26 Aug, 2017 03:42 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I see the Koch's cooking up a major Trumpity revolt in which they will unseat his Lardness as a grand strategy to ascend Pence to the throne.
Yes. That's a key aspect to pay attention to now.