monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:03 pm
I see that Trump went full on alt-right despicable again today. Pretty much every day presents some new horror with him in the WH. However this ends, it seems unlikely to be either pretty or peaceful.
Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:07 pm
From August of last year:
Quote:
How Donald Trump’s New Campaign Chief Created an Online Haven for White Nationalists
Breitbart News is “the platform for the alt-right,” boasts Stephen Bannon.
MJ

Let's recall that some months before Andrew Breitbart died, he said that he hoped "the left would start something because we have all the guns".
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:07 pm
I found his words today to be remarkably terrible.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/897548899417804800

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/15/full-text-trump-comments-white-supremacists-alt-left-transcript-241662

Found this rundown of the comments -

Quote:
Here's the best twitter recap I've seen so far (hopefully full transcripts will be available soon

Trump, doing a perfunctory infrastructure speech, says he'll show a flowchart to the media. "The real AND fake media, by the way," he adds.

Trump says CEOs are quitting his council because they're not doing their jobs and are embarrassed that they don't manufacture in America.

Trump says he "didn't take long" to condemn neo-Nazis: "I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct."

Recall that Trump has repeatedly declared various incidents to be Islamic terror before any official confirmation.

Trump is angry about criticism. "This event just happened" when I spoke, Trump said, and the media still doesn't know the facts.

Trump keeps saying "I wanted to see the facts." In June, he declared a Phillipines robbery a terror attack.

This is unreal...

Trump: "The driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family, this country...you can call it terrorism, you can call it murder."

(Why did he not say this Saturday or Monday?)

"He's not a racist. He's a good person...but we'll see what happens with Mr. Bannon," the president says of his chief strategist.

Trump: "Define alt-right to me. No, define it for me. Define it for me." "What about the alt-left? That came charging?" Whoa whoa whoa.

Trump is now BLASTING THE CHARLOTTESVILLE PROTESTERS: "They came swinging with clubs."

Trump: "You had a group on one side that was bad," but "the other side was also very violent"..."without a permit...very very violent."

Trump: "Not all of those people were neo-Nazis...not all of those people were neo-Nazis..."... Some merely wanted the Robert E. Lee statue.

Trump is going full alt-right.

Trump: "Where does it stop?" Next week it'll be Stonewall Jackson statues...

In ONE minute, Trump swung from his harshest condemnation of the car attacker to attacking the protesters and defending the alt-right.

"There is another side," Trump says. "You can call them the left...they came, VIOLENTLY attacking the other group...THAT's the way it is."

Trump has never, ever been this publicly angry in his two years in national politics.

Trump: "George Washington was a slaveowner...so will George Washington, now, lose his status?" "How 'bout Thomas Jefferson?"

Trump: "You're changing history. You're changing culture."

This is like a quintuple-down to the power of eighty. All of the subtext of Trump's Saturday statement has become explicit, enraged text.

Trump: "I own actually one of the largest wineries in the United States. It's in Charlottesville."

Trump says he's going to fix race relations by providing jobs from which "people will be making a lot more money."

This was an infrastructure event. Trump held up a project-approval flowchart. And then: white rage.

White supremacists said yesterday that Trump's condemnation was clearly insincere. Pundits were more generous. The supremacists were right.

blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:21 pm
Guess who's wife this aide is
Quote:
Controversial Trump Aide Katharine Gorka Helped End Funding For Group That Fights White Supremacy
HP
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
White supremacists said yesterday that Trump's condemnation was clearly insincere. Pundits were more generous. The supremacists were right.

yup

they know who they bought and paid for
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:32 pm
I'm Bernie Latham and I approve of this tweet
Quote:
Connor‏ @RidleyScotch 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @jonfavs
Super callous fragile racist sexist Nazi POTUS
farmerman

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:07 pm
@blatham,
with extreme halitosis
maporsche

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:08 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20799006_1354736434625270_3215951699909675176_n.jpg?oh=b3141033bf0e6c78ae0ad9f2a077464d&oe=5A314EF8
0 Replies

layman

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:08 pm
Well, there are already a number of cheese-eaters who take Fat Boy's side against Trump, but this will probably convince any of them who might be on the fence that it's Fat Boy who is on the side of truth and justice, eh?

Quote:
North Korea is executing, torturing and enslaving those who practice religion

The 2016 Annual Report on International Religious Freedom determined that the government led by dictator Kim Jong Un continues to delineate brutal punishments for those who engage in faith-bound acts outside of worshipping the country’s leadership. The punishment includes “executions, torture, beatings and arrests.

An estimated 80,000 to 120,000 political prisoners, some imprisoned for religious reasons, were believed to be held in the political prison camp system in remote areas under horrific conditions,” the report stated.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:16 pm
@farmerman,
too many syllables
"with horrid halitosis"
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:17 pm
Quote:
Mitt Romney‏Verified account @MittRomney 1h1 hour ago
No, not the same. One side is racist, bigoted, Nazi. The other opposes racism and bigotry. Morally different universes.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:26 pm
The latest Gallup poll shows Trump's approval rating at it's lowest point yet--34%.

And that was before Charlottsville--and before his shocking rant/meltdown this afternoon (which White House officials are now describing as his "going rogue").

Whenever I feel he can't get any worse, he manages to do just that. He is frightening.
farmerman

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:38 pm
@firefly,
Pence is in the warm-up area. Hes pitchin a few to his Veep, Paul Ryan, arookie leader they brought up by releasing a veteran pitcher to Cleveland
revelette1

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:45 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Pence is in the warm-up area. Hes pitchin a few to his Veep, Paul Ryan, arookie leader they brought up by releasing a veteran pitcher to Cleveland

As much as I disagree with Pence, a lot, even so, I would be relieved.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:45 pm
@McGentrix,
As you usually do, you've demonstrated your ignorance of history. The British brought slavery to North America, and promoted it. The British at the end of the 18th century had no problem with any of the rebels being slave-owners, they just had a problem with them advocating national self-determination. Oops . . . usin' them big words again.
blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Pence is in the warm-up area.
Yes. And behind that ambition, the Koch machine and billions of dollars. Trump is fast becoming an undeniable liability because of the electoral consequences for the GOP up the road. But removing him will not be an easy thing to do.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:08 pm
@layman,
I give up. I can't take it anymore.

You, sir, are a jerk. You're just mad because Cycloptichorn handed your rear to you on a silver platter. Instead of picking up the pieces and moving on, you've been angry about it ever since.

layman wrote:
fanatical partisan zealot

That's a perfect description of you! You shouldn't engage in self-projection. Everyone can see what you're doing.

layman wrote:
without an ounce of objectivity or rationality

This is too easy! Are you telling us that you are full of objectivity and rationality? Oh, it is to laugh! Laughing

Quote:
sanctimonious pretense to moral superiority

That would be one of your traits. You continually insult others -- people you don't know, people you've never met face to face. I dare say that you're JEALOUS of cycloptichorn because he's a better debater than you and managed to clean your clock today. You call others "snowflake"; but that's what you've been acting like all day today -- a snowflake!

layman wrote:
You are driven by mindless ideology and are programmed like a robot to recite the creed you place faith in.

That's an accurate description of you. Look in the mirror, Bubba.

layman wrote:
You seem to thrive on your HATE, and devote major parts of your life to trying to injure those you hate.

No, you thrive on your hate. Most of your posts are full of it. I'd hate to see what you'd do if you had power over others. You act just like a bully. Again, you're jealous of Cycloptichorn. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has been more successful than you professionally, not to mention as a husband and father.

layman wrote:
Your, sir, are a hater. Haters are losers. So that makes you a straight-up loser, too.

No, layman, YOU are the hater around here. You're unable to have a gentlemanly debate because you are a big hater. You're certainly one of the biggest haters I've ever met online; and believe me, you've had some competition! I agree that haters are losers. That makes you one. Again, I bet Cycloptichorn has been more successful -- probably a lot more successful -- than you. I'm sure you're also a bully -- just like your hero, your god.

My advice to you? Be a man, and accept your loss. Stop throwing your boring temper tantrum and your infantile crybaby whining and go to bed.