monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 02:31 pm
Just watched Trump's 'press conference'. I freaking am at a loss for words. Very disturbing.
0 Replies

old europe

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 02:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah, what's a little lighthearted depiction of violence against a news network that has been regularly targeted by the same President, right?

This will certainly defuse tensions and heal the country.
maporsche

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 02:43 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Yeah, what's a little lighthearted depiction of violence against a news network that has been regularly targeted by the same President, right?

This will certainly defuse tensions and heal the country.

Twitter really needs to shut down Trump's account. I think probably 75% of the country would support that decision.

He must have violated the TOS at some point.
blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 03:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
However, I don't disagree with you: [the "antifa"] should uncover their faces and OWN their conviction to the cause.

Absolutely. And denounce violence. And cease destruction of property. Where individuals act criminally in these ways, penalties ought to be precisely the same as any other individuals who so act.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 03:06 pm
Interesting graph which shows a correlation between the periods of heaviest racial tension and the installation of monuments to the Confederacy:

https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/whoseheritage-timeline150_years_of_iconography.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 03:06 pm
@izzythepush,
I expect someone will soon replace that train with a silver Dodge Challenger.
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 03:12 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/15/donald-trump-defends-friend-steve-bannon-a-good-man-who-gets-unfair-press/

15 Aug 2017

Donald Trump Defends ‘Friend’ Steve Bannon: ‘A Good Man’ Who Gets ‘Unfair Press’
Quote:
President Donald Trump defended his White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, calling him a “friend” and a “good man.”
“Look, I like Mr. Bannon. He is a friend of mine,” Trump said during a statement in Trump Tower on Tuesday, when asked about Bannon’s future at the White House.

Recent reports speculated that Bannon was about to be fired, citing dissent among White House Democrats with his behavior.

The president left Bannon’s future at the White House uncertain, saying that “we’ll see,” but commented that he was treated poorly by the media.

“I like him. He is a good man. He is not a racist. I can tell you that,” Trump said. “He is a good person. He actually gets a very unfair press in that regard.”

Trump reminded the media, however, that he was successful in the Republican primaries before Bannon joined his campaign.

“We’ll see what happens with Mr. Bannon. He is a good person and I think the press treats him frankly very unfairly,” Trump concluded.
0 Replies

lmur

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:07 pm
POTUS unplugged.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40943425
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:09 pm
It is incredible to me that that jackass in the White House equates Washington and Jefferson to Lee and Jackson. Washington and Jefferson did not make war on their own nation to preserve slavery. Lee and Jackson did.

A monkey as president would not be as embarrassing as this right-wing ape.
snood

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:14 pm
@Setanta,
Sometimes when he's sharing the stage or podium with others, I can see the embarrassment on their faces as he speaks.
Setanta

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:24 pm
I don't doubt that for a moment. I don't torture myself by watching him, however.
0 Replies

old europe

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:36 pm
@snood,
General Kelly, while Trump was speaking:

http://i.imgur.com/kLWI262.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

It is incredible to me that that jackass in the White House equates Washington and Jefferson to Lee and Jackson. Washington and Jefferson did not make war on their own nation to preserve slavery. Lee and Jackson did.

The British of the time would probably disagree with you.