monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:08 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Well in that case, where the hell was your link to the source of that story? All day long we've been talking about Saturday, then you quote a story talking about violence on Friday. That's what I get for reading an unlinked source from you-can't you do ANYTHING right?

Heh, blaming me for your lack of ability to think, eh? Like I done said, it's barely 10 pm saturday right now. You were, I guess, talking about "saturday," all the time, without even knowing that. Nobody with any sense was talking about a future time which had not even arrived yet. Just you.

Nice try, cheese-eater.
blatham

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:15 pm
Quote:
Senator Hatch Office‏Verified account @senorrinhatch 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @senorrinhatch
We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home. -OGH
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:22 pm
http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.806484.1502584866!/image/4128181708.jpg_gen/derivatives/headline_857x482/4128181708.jpg
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:25 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
Like I done said, it's barely 10 pm saturday right now. You were, I guess, talking about "saturday," all the time, without even knowing that. Nobody with any sense was talking about a future time which had not even arrived yet. Just you.

I know what you done said. But what you done missed was that your story said shortly before 10 PM. And you also done missed that my first post on the subject was 10:23 PM.

You done messing up yet?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:29 pm
Quote of the day

Jews will not replace us.
roger

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:30 pm
@blatham,
Why would they want to?
Blickers

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:31 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
Ask any cheese-eater what a confederate flag or statue of Robert E. Lee "stands for," and they will quickly tell you that it stands for only one thing: Racism and Slavery.

Ask a typical southerner what it "stands for" and they will tell you it symbolizes the courage, selfless sacrifice, and determination to resist oppression of their honored ancestors, of whom they are rightly proud.

Don 't make me laugh. The southerners back in 1860 thought it was about racism and slavery. From the Declaration of Secession of South Carolina back then:
Quote:
But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive [slave] is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives [slaves] charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_scarsec.asp

Olivier5

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ok so between the Nazis and the anti-Nazis, you and Lash have chosen your camp.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:44 pm
@layman,
Quote:
One can only conclude that they "took sides," and sided with the antifa thugs in this case. The net effect is to limit, not promote, free speech. The whole licensed demonstration was shut down, further encouraging such suppression in the future.

The same thing happened at Berkeley, where a scheduled speech was shut down due to violence by criminals which was merely passively observed by the cops, with no real effort being made to curtail the violence by thugs.

I don't know enough of the facts concerning the policing at this event, but you are quite correct about the Berkeley riot.

The absurdly named The Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action, Integration & Immigrant Rights, and Fight for Equality By Any Means Necessary or BAMN for short was behind it and the fat boy leftist mayor Jesse Arreguin was a supporter of BAMN

The insane Middle school teacher Yvette Felarca organized it and she and Jesse were buds.

When a city's mayor encourages and enables violent suppression of free speech and restrains his police force from doing their duty to protect citizens, he is not only a scumbag, he is guaranteeing that an extreme element, unbidden or bidden by the group he is in conflict with, will eventually turn up to do what the police will not.

Arreguin is not directly responsible for what happened today in Virginia, but he certainly helped set the stage for it.
layman

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:48 pm
@Blickers,
Thanks for being so kind in proving my point, eh, Blicky?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:49 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Quote:
. . . those types were uniformly condemned by virtually all rational people.

That was not true. Whenever I hear a conservative today pay tribute to MLK, I feel like throwing up! They hated the guy when he was alive!

Interesting that you were quick to (correctly) point out that it is almost certainly the case that not all of the counter-demonstrators were Antifa thugs, and yet you grossly generalize about conservatives. Actually it's more disappointing than interesting.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:51 pm
@Olivier5,
You have to laugh. He practically predicted somebody would make a hair-brained accusation like that.

Quote:
Above all else though, woe betide the soulless ghouls who don't support a National Day of Mourning for the slain martyrs, or who reveal their utter lack of humanity by attaching any blame whatsoever to the counter-protesters.

Both groups are shitty. Both groups deserve to legally express their views.

Why can't you people agree with that?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:55 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You're insult couldn't be more absurd, but it undoubtedly helps you feel superior to us.
Lash

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:56 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You mean the Nazis and the Fascists.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 09:59 pm
@Lash,
People who protest Nazism are "shitty"? People who get maimed and killed because they protested Nazism are "shitty"? Really?
layman

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The insane Middle school teacher Yvette Felarca organized it and she and Jesse were buds.

Yeah, this beauty, eh?

She's lucky that this guy was too much of a gentleman to knock her fuckin teeth out, eh?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:00 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

And, to hear a solipsistic cheese-eater tell it, that's a bad thing, eh? Fraid not. Honesty is always the best policy, and reality has it's own way of taking precedence over abstract cheese-eatin bullshit, know what I'm sayin?

I know exactly what you're saying, and I'm all for honesty. I honestly am grateful to those asshole boys who called a girl on our school bus the n-word....if they hadn't, I might have thought those boys were part of the human race. Thank god and country for free speech, so when stupid hateful people tell you who they are, believe them. Great post Layman.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You have chosen your camp. That's no insult, it's a fact.
Lash

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:03 pm
@Olivier5,
People who physically attack other people while they're exercising their legal right to assembly and speech are shitty.

The right to assembly and speech isn't just for a select group. If we don't protect the rights of those we disagree with--we no longer have free speech.

Olivier5

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
he is guaranteeing that an extreme element, unbidden or bidden by the group he is in conflict with, will eventually turn up to do what the police will not. 

The police won't murder people by ramming cars into them?... That's such a shame!