monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:17 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
Very few of these protestors were KKK or Neo-nazi.

Perhaps that is a possibility. That could be true. I'm open-minded to any evidence that might be available. But pictures were taken of KKK and neo-Nazi who were participants in the demonstration; and like I said in another topic, I don't know who's telling the truth.

layman wrote:
Mainly they were just good old boys who want "less immigration for a stronger nation."

I don't put these people in the same category as the extremists.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:26 pm
Layman, the fact remains that neither one of us was there. Either one of us, including you, could be wrong. All we've got are news reports. Remember -- contrary to ideologues on both sides -- truth is not always on one's side; and individuals on both sides are quite capable of lying through their teeth.
wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:55 pm
I read somewhere that people on both sides were wearing masks.

Your point about those who disagree with a protest staying home is a good one although not necessarily binding. But there have been other counterprotests that didn't result in violence. Clearly, an investigation needs to be conducted to find out exactly what happened today.

You're more than entitled to your suspicions. At least you haven't gone around down-thumbing most of my posts today. (I suspect the guilty culprits are a lone conservative or some so-called progressives who are too cowardly to contact me via PM.) You have more class. No one can say you're a coward!
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:58 pm
@layman,
"Jew will not displace us" is just as bad as "Kill fascists" and "White lives don't matter." All three of them are wrong.
roger

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:59 pm
@lmur,
From lmur's link

Quote:
“Here you have a guy who has no government experience, and he’s in charge of the whole thing,” Kushner said, in an interview with Fox News. “It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of.”

Dang if it don't sound like he's talking about daddy - in law.
roger

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:01 pm
@roger,
OH! I see that was humor. It worked.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:15 pm
@wmwcjr,
Did you see, or hear of, or know someone who heard of someone holding a sign that said "White lives don't matter"?
ossobucotemp

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:27 pm
@wmwcjr,
Well, there can always be two or more threads on this and that. In the meantime, I hope you are all fine.
ossobucotemp

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:28 pm
@wmwcjr,
Some crabapple is zeroing you.
Harrumph!
layman

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:30 pm
Even this guy, who really is a neo-nazi type, was trying to discourage violence, eh?

Quote:
White nationalist leader Richard Spencer also addressed the group, urging people to disperse. But he promised that they would gather again for a future demonstration, blaming Saturday’s violence on counterprotesters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fights-in-advance-of-saturday-protest-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/155fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.ad6522c850bd

David Duke was pissed off at Trump, sure, but very few of his supporters were:

Quote:
Trump said that he was following the events in Charlottesville closely. “The hate and the division must stop and must stop right now,” Trump said, without specifically mentioning white nationalists or their views. “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides. On many sides,” he said.

David Duke, a Trump supporter who was in Charlottesville Saturday, quickly shot back at the president. “So, after decades of White Americans being targeted for discriminated & anti-White hatred, we come together as a people, and you attack us?” Duke tweeted. “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists.”

Duke, speaking to the crowd, called Saturday’s events “the first step toward taking America back.”

“The truth is European Americans face tremendous discrimination in this country — jobs, scholarships, promotions,” Duke said. “The truth is we are being ethnically cleansed within our own nation.”

Duke does kinda raise an interesting question, though. Why are black folk routinely referred to as "Afro-Americans," but immigrants from Europe are never called "Euro-Americans."

What's up with that?
wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:35 pm
@snood,
Layman has made that claim. (See above.) I have an unfortunate tendency of taking what people say literally. I also tend to believe most people tell the truth or what they believe is the truth. I don't know why. I'm not as combative as I used to be. Social media fatigue may have something to do with it.
wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:39 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Thanks for your encouragement and many compliments. Smile They are always appreciated.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 12 Aug, 2017 03:44 pm
@layman,
If David Duke is mad at Donald Trump, then he (the President) must be doing something right.

Calm down, layman! You don't need to prove to me that you're right about anything. I'm just a nobody posting at a website. It doesn't matter what I think.
0 Replies