monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 02:48 pm
Pence. Pure as the driven slush.
Quote:
In an interview with the New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza — the very same interview in which the Mooch said White House chief strategist Steve Bannon’s self-regard was comparable to a stunning feat of bodily gymnastics — Scaramucci called attention to the man Pence announced as his new chief of staff on June 29, Nick Ayers.

“Why do you think Nick’s there, bro?” Scaramucci asked Lizza, referring to Ayers.

“Are you stupid?” Scaramucci continued. “Why is Nick there? Nick’s there to protect the vice president because the vice president can’t believe what the **** is going on.”
TPM
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 02:55 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

I think the founders should have put the right to vote and the right to bear arms into the same amendment. It would make the hypocrisy much easier to spot.

Please explain. To whose hypocrisy do you refer? The individual Colonies had elections ( with varying limitations on age, sex and property), long before the constitution was established, and continued them after the union was established. Our constitution is clear that powers not specifically assigned to the Federal Government are reserved for the sovereign states. The Bill of rights, was later added to the Constitution, by some founders, suspicious of both the states and the then new Federal government.

I fear your comments don't make much sense. I would be very surprised if any of our voter eligibility requirements was materially different from those that exist in either Canada or the UK or any major European state. It is merely amusing that those here who argue here against any enforcement of our rather common eligibility requirements for voting, tend to be the same as those advocating the most severe restrictions on the right to bear arms. If that is the hypocrisy to which you refer, I might understand.

This is a bit amusing to me in that, in most states in this country, the requirements for entry into the voting registry and getting a license to buy a weapon are remarkably similar. One must be;
(1) Alive
(2) A resident of the state in question
(3) meet a minimum age requirement
(4) be without conviction for a serious felony.

Do you object to any of these?

The large, mostly Democrat, urban political machines in our country have a long, and well documented, history of violating criterion # 1 above to preserve their political power.
Sturgis

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:01 pm
@layman,
Quote:
...I once racked up 36...

Which might be of interest to you; but, really doesn't mean or matter much to anyone else.

As for Trump, who'd of believed he'd last this long (and still have a bunch of fact challenged mindless individuals cackling praises of him)?
layman

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:12 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
...I once racked up 36...

Which might be of interest to you; but, really doesn't mean or matter much to anyone else.

Well, Sturgie, ya know....It seemed to "matter" and "mean something" to the 36 cheese-eaters at the time, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:13 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
They simply delivered a search warrant, and Manafort, they say, fully co-operated with them in providing the documents they sought, which had already been delivered to congress without a subpoena.

The only guy who said that was Manafort's lawyer. Since the FBI executed a no-knock warrant, Manafort's "cooperation" might well be limited to his NOT meeting the FBI at his front door with a blazing Kalashnikov.
layman

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:18 pm
@Sturgis,
Prior to that, the record had been held by the most obnoxious and notorious blow-hard to ever stumble into A2K. He effectively had 29, because an elaborate post detailing his pompous hypocrisy got 29 upvotes.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:21 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Since the FBI executed a no-knock warrant...

"No-knock," eh? What commie-ass rag did you read that on, I wonder? Or did you just decide to make it up, as you usually do?

"No-knocks" are reserved for arrest warrants (not search warrants) of those considered armed and dangerous.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:46 pm
https://media.newyorker.com/photos/598b33b55d49537e4d67bbfb/master/w_1454,c_limit/DC080917.jpg
from The New Yorker
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 9 Aug, 2017 04:54 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote layman:
Quote:
They simply delivered a search warrant, and Manafort, they say, fully co-operated with them in providing the documents they sought, which had already been delivered to congress without a subpoena.

The only guy who said that was Manafort's lawyer. Since the FBI executed a no-knock warrant, Manafort's "cooperation" might well be limited to his NOT meeting the FBI at his front door with a blazing Kalashnikov.

That's well stated. Search warrants are real common when investigators believe that the subject has been fully forthcoming and not hiding anything.
Heck, some people just forget stuff at home. Also, it's a burden for such subjects to have to schlep stuff all the way over to an FBI office so agents will go to the fully cooperative guy's house to pick the stuff up. Probaly Manafort had it all boxed up for them and then helped them load it into the black Fords then served coffee and donuts. The raid took place in the hours before dawn, so probably it was the FBI night shift on duty and probably that's Manafort's preferred time of the day for entertaining friends.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)