monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:41 pm
@farmerman,
Not necessarily

Trump's executive orders and rhetoric have been business friendly and that, at least helps a confident market remain bullish.

If the market had tanked after he was elected, his opponents would have, of course, blamed him, so he's as entitled to take credit for the rise has much as folks like maporche wanted to grant Obama credit during his tenure.
maporsche

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Maybe you didn't notice that mine was in response to a chart blatham posted

I'm sorry Finn. I'm behind a firewall at the moment that blocks some images from being shown. I can't see his chart.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Not necessarily

Trump's executive orders and rhetoric have been business friendly and that, at least helps a confident market remain bullish.

If the market had tanked after he was elected, his opponents would have, of course, blamed him, so he's as entitled to take credit for the rise has much as folks like maporche wanted to grant Obama credit during his tenure.

Well, Obama did work with the previous administration and congress to pass this huge stimulus package that caused immediate relief to the financial markets that led to the economic meltdown. He signed that huge legislation about a month after taking office.

What I'm saying, is that he actually took some action to improve the economy.

maporsche

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:50 pm
Many analysts are predicting a correction in the stock market. This isn't all that unusual during a run up, but it's going to eventually happen.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:54 pm
@snood,
Yep...that fake jobs report during the Obama years has turned into an "excellent" report.

Did you see that he broke another rule around this report today. He keeps breaking federal rules. When Clinton breaks federal rules, they chant 'lock her up'. But federal rules are nothing to Trump.

http://thehill.com/regulation/345351-trump-breaks-jobs-report-comment-rule
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:55 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Not necessarily

Well, Obama did work with the previous administration and congress to pass this huge stimulus package that caused immediate relief to the financial markets that led to the economic meltdown. He signed that huge legislation about a month after taking office.

What I'm saying, is that he actually took some action to improve the economy.

And so did Trump. You've no idea, apparently, how much corporations love to see reductions in regulations and advancement of pipeline projects
snood

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:59 pm
@maporsche,
Yup, the bar is set for Trump at a markedly different level than ever before.
I think this chart bears re-posting. How in the hell can Trump elbow in and claim that he is responsible for the last 6 months of economic growth, when it has been a continuation of the months of growth that started under Obama?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce9tFRIWQAAlcO5.jpg

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/03/472745523/fact-check-the-white-houses-private-sector-job-streak
izzythepush

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:03 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
How in the hell can Trump elbow in and claim that he is responsible for the last 6 months of economic growth, when it has been a continuation of the months of growth that started under Obama?

Because he's got nothing else.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This isn't a convincing argument.

It's just speculation. Which is fine, that's what most of the stock market is. But it's really nothing else, at least not yet.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:09 pm
@maporsche,
Good thing I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
maporsche

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Good thing I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Cool story...
0 Replies

snood

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:15 pm
There's a strong position for you. He's got nothing of substance, but that doesn't matter because he's not trying to convince anyone, anyway.
Reminiscent of the timeless "I didn't want the grapes anyway".
ossobucotemp

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:17 pm
@snood,
of wrath?

Once in a while I think of a2k as Wrath R Us.
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:19 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

of wrath?

He left out the only significant part, eh, Jo? He should have added that they were probably sour anyway.

Sour grapes, ya know?
0 Replies

snood

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:25 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

of wrath?

No, grapes as in the Aesop's fable wherein the fox couldn't get any grapes so he claims they were sour anyway.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg/320px-The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You have it right... this place is filled with wrathfully wascals Smile
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:42 pm
@snood,
Thanks, never read Aesop, alas. Time to now, in my second childhood. Also, good drawing.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:50 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

of wrath?

I can only speak for myself, but I have more joy than wrath lately - at seeing Trump bullshit unraveled and exposed.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 02:05 pm
https://youtu.be/v_I4zqC7GN8

Quote:
Bruce Willis is making no friends among the far-left hate America crowd with this remake of the Charles Bronson classic, “Death Wish.”

The film is being called “alt-right trash”, “racist” (of course) and “dangerous”, among other things.

Check out the just-released trailer and decide for yourself: