monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 06:06 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Chaco Trap House, the vibrant, alt left ragers against Clintonist neoliberalism.

While there are definitely reasons to jettison the remnants of neoliberalism in the Democratic Party, taking the Breibart path and further coarsening the political climate seems an odd way of accomplishing the goal of creating a new majority party which champions social democracy.
farmerman

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 06:23 am
@hightor,
Id love to see a primary fight "that could take" in the GOP 2020 ticket. I really don't see the Dems being organized enough to have developed a "message" that would resound in the mid terms.

They should be panicking.

Maybe what Lash sys has some merit in a Nostradamus kind of longer term look forward
Walter Hinteler

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 06:24 am
@hightor,
Quote:
social democracy

From today's report "Leftwing Breitbart? Chapo Trap House is strong new voice in resistance to Trump" in The Observer
Quote:
One DSA member familiar with the thinking of the podcast producers offered the Frankfurt School of neo-Marxism as an ideological reference and said the spat with the New Republic illustrated the resistance of neo-liberals to warnings that a hard left turn is necessary to counter the rise of the so-called alt-right and avoid continued electoral defeat.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 07:37 am
@hightor,
I hear what you're saying about coarseness, but there is a growing number of people-and I'm one-who believes our current reality is horrifically coarse, and ignoring that with delicate language is insanity.

I think what you refer to as a Breitbart path is an overflow of frustration from people who see the crazed disparity of selective outrage--and are desperate for others to see it.

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 08:21 am
Quote:
Leaders of both parties in the US Congress have agreed on legislation that allows fresh sanctions to punish Russia for alleged election meddling.
The new legislation would also sharply limit President Donald Trump's ability to lift any sanctions against Russia.
He has previously said he needs diplomatic leeway with the Kremlin.
Mr Trump's time in office has been dogged by claims that Russia tried to influence last year's US election.
Moscow denies any wrongdoing but several US investigations are looking into whether anyone in the Trump campaign colluded with Russian officials.
Correspondents say the bipartisan agreement indicates determination in Congress to maintain a firm line against Russia, whatever Mr Trump's view.
The president could veto the bill, but in doing so would fuel suspicion that he is too supportive of the Kremlin, correspondents say.
On the other hand, if he signs it he would be imposing legislation that his administration is opposed to.
Senator Ben Cardin, the most senior Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said agreement was reached after "intense negotiations".
"A nearly united Congress is poised to send President Putin a clear message on behalf of the American people and our allies, and we need President Trump to help us deliver that message," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40696682<br /> [/quote]
snood

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 08:31 am
@izzythepush,
I mentioned this a few posts ago. Thanks for providing more background. I'm really interested to know how Dumbass reacts to such a bill.
izzythepush

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 08:34 am
@snood,
I think he still is only concerned about his base, and they wouldn't care if he had given America's launch codes to Putin.

I can see him vetoing the bill and blustering his way out of it.
camlok

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 09:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Or are you focused solely on your bitterness towards Trump

It's the conservatives' partisanship that is so unbelievable. It doesn't matter to you guys how stupid Trump is, what a misogynist he is, what a liar he is, ... he's still your man.

All qualities you share in common.
0 Replies

camlok

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 09:17 am
@snood,
You are as bad a partisan as oralloy, snood. Brainwashing sure works well on most Americans.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
By my reading, they have the republican numbers in Congress to override his veto.
blatham

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 09:34 am
Quote:
President Donald Trump’s newly appointed communications director Anthony Scaramucci on Sunday threatened to get rid of White House staff if the rampant leaks coming out of Trump’s administration don’t stop.

“If the leaks don’t stop, I’m going to pare down the staff,” Scaramucci said on “Fox News Sunday.”
TPM
An admission that the constant stream of leaks to media re the WH have nothing to do with any "deep state" or "Obama holdovers" but rather with the team this administration itself has put together.
camlok

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 09:45 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
and they wouldn't care if he had given America's launch codes to Putin.

Izzy has some commies hiding in his knickers, he's sure of it.

Pretty stupid, Izzy, considering it's your war criminal UK governments that have helped the US with it massive baby killer plans.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:01 am
@hightor,
Most countries achieve control of their corrupt, unresponsive governments with violence. I'm hoping aggressive rhetoric will suffice.
Lash

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:04 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Most countries achieve control of their corrupt, unresponsive governments with violence. I'm hoping aggressive rhetoric will suffice.

Although this seems to have worked well. I notice our press didn't have much to say...

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/icelanders-overthrow-government-and-rewrite-constitution-after-banking-fraud-no-word-from-us-media/

Those Icelanders don't take a lot of ****, unlike our chloroformed lemmings.