monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

ehBeth

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:11 pm
@camlok,
Does he wear a bunnyhug?
camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:13 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't know but he sure as hell says some awfully stupid things. Maybe he wears poor genes.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:29 pm
David French at NRO asks
Quote:
Will the Party of Lincoln be cowed into becoming an instrument of Trump’s personal brand?
NRO
We already know the answer, of course. French further writes:
Quote:
Call me pessimistic, but we’re moving toward a political reality where GOP silence and loyal GOP defenses may lead Trump to believe he can do virtually anything and escape accountability. The GOP is enabling his worst instincts. After all, Democratic rage is meaningless to him, and he relishes conflict with the “fake news”–peddling mainstream media. Because of its current capitulations, the GOP may find itself facing a president truly out of control, willing to do or say anything to escape meaningful scrutiny or accountability.

What French fails to face or grasp is that a party which is behaving as the modern GOP is now behaving must have already become degraded and corrupt to a breadth and depth that suggests recovery is very unlikely. One can't - at least, I certainly can't - imagine how this might happen. And that suggests a very unhappy future for the country.

blatham

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:31 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
pot ******* kettle

Unthinking equivalence formulation.
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:34 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
What French fails to face or grasp is that a party which is behaving as the modern GOP is now behaving must have already become degraded and corrupt to a breadth and depth that suggests recovery is very unlikely. One can't - at least, I certainly can't - imagine how this might happen. And that suggests a very unhappy future for the country.

What you fail to grasp, blatham, is that this is same ole same ole taken to extremes? The country has survived centuries of much greater evil than anything Trump has done.

It's a kind of karma, not very instant, but nevertheless, joyful to watch.
Builder

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:46 pm
@camlok,
How soon we forget.

Quote:
The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

source
0 Replies

snood

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:53 pm
http://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_2.0/c_limit,w_336/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1500685249/170714-Kotkin-envoirnmenrtal-tease_jpujga
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 06:54 pm
I read some Charles Taylor at university but I haven't read this piece yet. I will as it is precisely my personal dilemma right now and has been for a while.
Quote:
How to Restore Your Faith in Democracy
In dark times, it’s tempting to give up on politics. The philosopher Charles Taylor explains why we shouldn’t.
NYer
0 Replies

layman

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 07:04 pm
The NYT lies!? Whooda thunk?:

0 Replies

layman

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 07:23 pm
This HOT BABE says Trump would have no problem getting women if he didn't have a dime because he has one of the best personalities she's ever known. This is something you hear repeatedly from people who actually know him well. Go figure, eh?

camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 07:54 pm
@layman,
Because Trump knows how to grab 'em by the pussy he is layman's kinda guy. That pretty much says it all.
camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:00 pm
@layman,
Quote:
because he has one of the best personalities she's ever known.

I have the best personality, the biggest personality, the world has never seen a personality like mine and it's only getting better and better. The American people love me and they will love me bester tomorrow. I'll tell them how good I am in my tweets. I'm the best tweeter ever!
Builder

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:02 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
I'll tell them how good I am in my tweets. I'm the best tweeter ever!

You like him; I can tell.....
0 Replies

layman

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:27 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
Because Trump knows how to grab 'em by the pussy he is layman's kinda guy. That pretty much says it all.

They love it! Like Trump done said: "They let you do it."

They would feel rejected if ya didn't. That's how them BABES are, doncha know?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:48 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
You two were absolute jokes in the 911 Physics thread. I'd say that you were equals as regards your offering on the science.

Nope. Farmerman and I have both provided accurate facts in whatever posts that we have bothered to make in any 9/11 thread.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:50 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You appear to have settled upon agreeing with Trump without any QA'ing of his words.

If Trump chooses to tell the truth, his words are likely to align with my words.

farmerman wrote:
Do you now say that you too(like our ADD Liar -in-chief) are a liar?? OK, Ill buy that.

I'll say that my condemnation of the coward McCain is 100% fair, and the little coward deserves every bit of the scorn that I heap upon him.
oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:52 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Oralloy wrote (with no discernible sense of irony):
Quote:
I, on the other hand, always do the right thing and stand strong against evil. I actually make the world a better place with my presence.

I tell ya, you can't make this **** up.

There is a very good reason for that. All I did was tell the absolute truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:53 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
He's not just gone through the looking glass, he's shoved it up his ******* arse.

No. All I did was tell the absolute truth just as I usually do.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:57 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
Just how much difference is there between you and oralloy, Snood? You both rabidly support US war criminals and terrorists. You both deny reality with a vengeance.
You could be kissing cousins.

I don't deny reality. I am one of the foremost defenders of reality.

I also think it is good when police officers defend themselves from murdering thugs. Snood always sides with the murdering thugs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 09:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
oral is of the genus Lemmus Trumptaeii. When Trump jumps off the cliff, there will be a body pile-up of his followers.

What a devastating rebuttal of all my facts.
0 Replies