monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:06 pm
@layman,
You always sound so unstable. You don't think people disagree, you have to believe they are liars. Congratulations, you are the perfect Trump groupie. Life is so simple for people like you, must be nice I guess.
revelette1

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:15 pm
@layman,
Whatever layman, if you say he said he inadvertently submitted his form without the pertinent information on it rather than just forgetting it (I never said he said it, I just assumed he forgot the first time, it was a logical assumption if I didn't know he said he inadvertently submitted his form before it was completed.) I will take your word for it. It is still odd.

I know I didn't say Kushner didn't update his form a few days ago.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:17 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

You always sound so unstable. You don't think people disagree, you have to believe they are liars. Congratulations, you are the perfect Trump groupie. Life is so simple for people like you, must be nice I guess.

I recently defended Rev from the suggestion that he might be lying by noting her numerous false claims were most likely a product of her naivete and/or her lack of cognitive ability.

She, on the other hand, glibly accuses anyone who ever knew Trump of being liars when she must certainly know (after having been told multiple times) that certain claims she keeps re-asserting are just flatly false.

Give her a piece of your mind, why doncha, eh, Bag?
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Is "name any Russian you have spoken with" an actual question on the form or is it rather your fantasy that it is?

A pretty inane question, hawkeye. His meetings in which he had were both pretty important. One was where he thought he was going to get dirt on the Clintons from the Russians and the other is where he was meeting Russian banker, Gorkov whose enterprise was under sanctions. Both would be relevant to fill out for security clearance.

Quote:
Before VEB, Gorkov served as deputy chairman of one of these sanctioned enterprises, the state-owned Sberbank.

Newsweek
0 Replies

layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:27 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I didn't know he said he inadvertently submitted his form before it was completed.) I will take your word for it. It is still odd.

Well, see, that's your problem, Rev. You don't seem to "know" anything that you don't want to believe. You don't hear or read what is said, you only hear or read what you wish was said.

I have pointed out, several different times (probably to you personally, but I don't recall for sure), the reason why the disclosures weren't submitted on the first form.

But nobody should need me to tell them to begin with. ANYBODY who had read ANYTHING about the big-ass "controversy" about his initial form would be familiar with the reason for it. Unless they only "heard" or "saw" what they wanted to see.

Of course, a lot of commie-ass rags only tell you what they want you to know when trying to mislead you, too. If you're looking for "lying by omissions," then check out yours "news source," eh?

But you could only do that by reading honest news, which I doubt you would ever be willing to do.
snood

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:34 pm
@revelette1,
I really think you shouldn't waste your 'breath'. This individual would have to elevate his thinking and discourse by quantum leaps to even qualify as "unstable". Constant flaming, provoking and spreading whacko theories - all in service of defending and promoting a crazy idiot wannabe tyrant.
revelette1

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:36 pm
@layman,
A person would need a scorecard to keep with all the information coming out surrounding Russia/2016 interference with US elections. You nick pick a pointless point which usually has nothing to do with the main thrust of the debate and then say because I don't know every single detail I just want to make everything up.

The point in this particular debate is clear. Another thread has come to light connecting the Trump campaign/WH with Russia and the interference of our election of 2016. When Trump JR was first asked about it, he gave a misleading answer to the press leaving out a damaging detail which later he had to admit to. It is a pattern they have been on since the inception of the whole Russian investigation.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:51 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

A person would need a scorecard to keep with all the information coming out surrounding Russia/2016 interference with US elections.

You certainly didn't need a scorecard to announce, as you just did, that Kushner "lied" on his disclosure form, eh? If you truly thought the situation sounded "unusual" then you might have wanted to see what the person it pertained to (Kushner) said about it.

You didn't. You just read left-wing rags claiming that he was lying when he said he "forgot" (which he never said to begin with), and then parroted it as indisputable fact.

With your approach, if you were a judge in a rape trial, you would exclude any evidence or testimony from the defense and only listen to the alleged victim's story, while disallowing any cross-examination. Why should you waste the time. You already know the "truth," eh?
Walter Hinteler

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:52 pm
@revelette1,
In this Guardian report some background information about Rob Goldstone, a British music publicist and former tabloid journalist, who claims to have set up the meeting on behalf of a client in Moscow named Emin Agalarov, the son of a Moscow-based developer who tried to partner with Trump in a hotel project.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 01:55 pm
Just to cap all this off, I want to just leave a link to a very good piece from Vox which puts the whole weekend in perspective.

Analysis: The past 24 hours in Trump-Russia news, explained
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:04 pm
@snood,
georgeob1 likes layman, but regardless, Snood, you guys really are hypocrites. It doesn't take much to address layman or anyone else. Stop being so damn snooty.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:06 pm
@layman,
I really wish you go back and re-read the series of post which led up to the whole useless point with Kushner and his form he had to fill out. I admitted I knew nothing about it. I was reading bits of it as I responding to you and speculating about how he "immediately" informed the FBI he would be writing a revision (or some such thing.) I didn't make any claims, I was just trying to figure the whole thing out. I still haven't read the whole piece to the link you left. To me, it is immaterial.

0 Replies

snood

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:09 pm
@revelette1,
Anyone applying for a national security position / position requiring security clearance has to fill out the SF-86 form.

On the December 2010 revision (the most current revision I'm aware of), there are 127 pages. Sections 15-19 are all about Foreign Contacts.

Here is the first question:
Do you have, or have you had, close and/or continuing contact with a foreign national within the last seven (7) years with whom you, or your spouse, or cohabitant are bound by affection, influence, common interests, and/or obligation?

After that, there are copious areas to fill out for detailing the dates, methods, and frequency of contact; and also the nature of the relationships.

Section 20 is about Foreign Activities.

The first question:
Have you, your spouse, cohabitant, or dependent children EVER had any foreign financial interests (such as stocks, property, investments, bank accounts, ownership of corporate entities, corporate interests or businesses) in which you or they have direct control or direct ownership?
...followed by several pages to give the applicant opportunity to provide details.

There would be very little room for doubt about whether or not someone omitted information on this form. It is too detailed. It contains several warnings that providing false information or omitting information is a federal offense, and it lists the range of possible punishments.

All the tapdancing being done about whether or not Kushner was being honest on this form is just a bunch of hogwash. He knows he lied. Just like Manafort, Just like Flynn. We know he lied. All that remains is to find out if anyone is going to do anything about it.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:20 pm
@snood,
Quote:
All the tapdancing being done about whether or not Kushner was being honest on this form is just a bunch of hogwash. He knows he lied. Just like Manafort, Just like Flynn. We know he lied. All that remains is to find out if anyone is going to do anything about it.

I might suggest that you try not to come across as an idiotic buffoon, Snooty, but certain thing are outside the realm of possibility and it is futile to attempt to achieve them.

You and Rev would get along quite well. Maybe you should propose to her, know what I'm sayin?

Then again, maybe you two are already hitched. You sound like her "news source," after all.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:20 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Donald Trump Jr., the president's son, has hired New York lawyer Alan Futerfas to represent him in connection with Russia-related investigations, the lawyer and Trump Jr.'s office said on Monday.

Futerfas, a sole practitioner who specializes in criminal defense, would not say when he was retained or whether he had any input into the statements Trump Jr. made over the weekend about a meeting with a Russian lawyer.
reuters
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Another drop without comment clearly intended to insinuate that retaining an atty is an admission of guilt. Why does he need a lawyer if he did nothing wrong? I'm sure though that this argument would be made as well if a member of a minority community was announced to be a person of interest in a criminal investigation. "If you're innocent kid, you don't need a lawyer!"
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:40 pm
@snood,
Hate to see you on a jury.
snood

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ain't that a coincidence? I'd hate seeing you on one, too. 'Specially mine.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There wasn't more reported by reuters as far as I was able to get.
layman

Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:46 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Constant flaming, provoking

I will concede that cheese-eating snowflakes might well be "provoked" by some of my posts.

But "provoked" is no longer the current terminology. It's now "triggered," and "trigger warnings" are required before you say anything that might cause some hyper-sensitive, neurotic, hysterical snowflake to react in horror and pain. That's gives them time to run to one of their "safe-spaces" before hearing any opinion that doesn't agree with their robotic creed.

Firearms that discharge easily, without much resistance from the weapon, are sometimes called "hair-triggered."

But even that term does not apply to a gun that fires randomly without anyone ever even touching it, like snowflakes do, eh?

0 Replies