monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:30 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Russia narrative is bullshit for ratings, says CNN producer. Who didn't know that?

The only "news" involved there is that CNN itself done fessed up, eh?

Ya gotta give CNN credit for one thing: They are the masters of have playing cheese-eaters for chumps.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:33 am
@Lash,
Quote:
JESSE WATTERS (CO-HOST): I think the video sting is a big black eye for CNN, no matter how hard they try to spin it, but the core of the video is what everybody already knew, that CNN is biased against Trump, wants him to leave office, and they are pushing a B.S. Russia story for ratings and cash.

Now, if a Fox News producer was caught in a video sting saying that the company wants Obama impeached, and they are pushing a bogus story about the president's birth certificate just for ratings, and the CEO is on board with it, that would be national news. It would be national news, but this was buried just like everything else. I think the actual real scandal is these three guys resigning, which I think they did honorably for pushing a fake news story.

GREG GUTFELD (CO-HOST): And also, the birth certificate is real.

WATTERS: You heard it here first.

DANA PERINO (CO-HOST): Yeah, I'm not sure that's -- I'm not sure that that's the best comparison.

WATTERS: No, it's an apt comparison so far.

MM

First of all, didn't O'Keefe release a edited (fake) video with planned parenthood a few years ago? I might look it up later, but I am pretty sure my memory is correct. Therefore, O'keefe is not the most reliable source.

But even so, the irony is incredible.

So the media is getting a few facts wrong. The Russia interference in our 2016 has been confirmed by every single intelligence agency we have, the tops of those agencies have testified of what they could live in congressional hearings. By the questioning, there is every reason to believe Trump's associates were in contact with Russians during the same as the plotting went on. The investigation are not complete yet so we don't know everything , but what we do know is that the Russia probe is more than a desire of some media people and democrats to get rid of Trump.
layman

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:43 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
... there is every reason to believe Trump's associates were in contact with Russians during the same as the plotting went on.

As were officials and non-officials from virtually every country in the world, including Obama himself. He know all about their hacking attempts long before the election. He told them to "cut it out," goshdarnit. .

After the intelligence reports came in, HE didn't think there was any serious problem. Maybe he didn't have enough contact with them, eh?
layman

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:46 am
@revelette1,
Gutfeld and Watters both have good senses of humor--unlike any announcer/commentator you'll ever see that CNN, MSNBC, et al.

No wonder the no-laughin cheese-eaters hate them so much.
snood

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:48 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
JESSE WATTERS (CO-HOST): I think the video sting is a big black eye for CNN, no matter how hard they try to spin it, but the core of the video is what everybody already knew, that CNN is biased against Trump, wants him to leave office, and they are pushing a B.S. Russia story for ratings and cash.

Now, if a Fox News producer was caught in a video sting saying that the company wants Obama impeached, and they are pushing a bogus story about the president's birth certificate just for ratings, and the CEO is on board with it, that would be national news. It would be national news, but this was buried just like everything else. I think the actual real scandal is these three guys resigning, which I think they did honorably for pushing a fake news story.

GREG GUTFELD (CO-HOST): And also, the birth certificate is real.

WATTERS: You heard it here first.

DANA PERINO (CO-HOST): Yeah, I'm not sure that's -- I'm not sure that that's the best comparison.

WATTERS: No, it's an apt comparison so far.

MM

First of all, didn't O'Keefe release a edited (fake) video with planned parenthood a few years ago? I might look it up later, but I am pretty sure my memory is correct. Therefore, O'keefe is not the most reliable source.

But even so, the irony is incredible.

So the media is getting a few facts wrong. The Russia interference in our 2016 has been confirmed by every single intelligence agency we have, the tops of those agencies have testified of what they could live in congressional hearings. By the questioning, there is every reason to believe Trump's associates were in contact with Russians during the same as the plotting went on. The investigation are not complete yet so we don't know everything , but what we do know is that the Russia probe is more than a desire of some media people and democrats to get rid of Trump.

Yeah, I was going to mention how grasping and ridiculous it is to be citing O'Keefe's work, but I figured, what would be the point? You have great patience.
revelette1

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:54 am
@layman,
I can understand (even though I think he was wrong) Obama's reasoning when proof of Putin's involvement was laid before him on his desk; of why he didn't do more than put more sanctions on Russia and make all the Russia diplomacy people get out. It was election time, he was loathe to interfere and confirming and telling facts of what knew would have interfered with the election; plus it might of been classified.
revelette1

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:56 am
@layman,
Who said we cheese eaters hated them? You take everything either to extremes or to some infantile level.

0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:58 am
@snood,
I know, but, it is summer time and I think some people here are having better things to do than type away on the computer.

In any event, I got a day planned with all my girls (first time in a long time my two grown daughters and their daughters are doing something together.)
gungasnake

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 07:59 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
The Russia interference in our 2016 has been confirmed by every single intelligence agency we have,

Like I say, the one thing which I will always put somebody on ignore for is outright lying. Congratulations, you've just made it to my ignore list
revelette1

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 08:01 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Like I say, the one thing which I will always put somebody on ignore for is outright lying. Congratulations, you've just made it to my ignore list

big whoop.

Which one(S) haven't agreed with the conclusions drawn? If I am wrong, I will admit when shown to be wrong.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Baldimo

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 10:40 am
@revelette1,
Obama and Hillary failed with their "Russian Reset" as they called it and we are now seeing the results of that failure. I'm happy Bill and Hillary were able to at least make some money off the whole deal. Obama is now splitting his time talking **** about Trump and being on vacation with all of his Billionaire buddies.
0 Replies

lmur

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
@layman,
Perhaps not. But the Irish PM is .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 11:44 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
big whoop.

Not having to talk to that creature is something to whoop about. Nobody that matters pays any attention to it anyway.

You've just made it to my thumb every post up list.
snood

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 11:48 am
Possible titles for a Donald Trump Biography:
-The Good, The Bad,and the Bigly
-A Man for All Treasons
-How to be President For Dummies
-The Audacity of Grope
-Sex, Lies and Pee-Pee Tapes
-The Catcher in the Lies
-When a Man Loves His Daughter
-Fifty Shades of Orange
-Bright Lights, Yuge City
-Urine For a Good Time
-James and the Giant Impeach
-From Russia With Love (been done, but still fits here)
-The Art of the Steal
-The Great Fatsby

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-biography-titles_us_595485cbe4b0da2c73210b8a?section=us_comedy
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 02:27 pm
@revelette1,
Have a good time!

I also happen to have two daughters. I expect to become a grandfather in late December. Smile
Debra Law

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 02:31 pm
Dan Rather's post:

Quote:
"You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?"

These are the immortal words of army lawyer Joseph Welch in response to Senator Joseph McCarthy during the communist witch hunts of the 1950s. They are sadly just as apt today.

I do not like rising to the bait of the tweets of President Trump. But this morning's demeaning, sexist, and scurrilous attack on Mika Brzezinski cannot go unmentioned. I have known Mika for many years. We were colleagues at CBS News and she is a fearless and fair journalist. I also knew her late father, Zbigniew, who was President Carter's national security advisor. The fact that this attack comes while Mika is still mourning his death only adds to the outrages and disgust.

For years we heard sanctimonious and cynical attacks on President Obama by many in the GOP about how he was demeaning the office of the presidency. Really? Check your twitter feeds folks, for I fear we have a demeanor in chief in the White House now. This is not about policy or even politics. This is about a common decency.

Senator McCarthy once was powerful, and then the fever broke and much of the country saw a small, vile, hateful man. His name is now an epithet for an era of shame in our country's history.

In that 1954 testimony, the army lawyer Welch added: ""Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness." Imagine if McCarthy had Twitter. There can be no more surprise about the level of cruelty or recklessness we are witnessing today.

https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
camlok

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 03:41 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
I also knew her late father, Zbigniew, who was President Carter's national security advisor.

And a vicious US war criminal and terrorist. Would anyone mourn the passing of a Hitler?
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 03:44 pm
@gungasnake,
I thought you had some degree of intestinal fortitude, gunga, but you are like all the other idiots, the American cowards who can't and won't face reality.