monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 01:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your answer was just illogical, that's all. No need to feel all but hurt...
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 08:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, and you really shouldn't perpetuate the stereotype of arrogant American. It's not fair to your countrymen.
Lash

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 08:43 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

1) Democrats are for universal healthcare or at the very least a comprehensive mandatory health insurance law and subsidies for those who can't afford it.

A lie to include universal healthcare in that sentence. They've obstructed universal healthcare more than once.
revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 08:53 am
I think the whole democrat/Bernie Sanders supporters debate could be moved to another thread. It is derailing for a second day.
revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 08:59 am
Quote:
Early last August, an envelope with extraordinary handling restrictions arrived at the White House. Sent by courier from the CIA, it carried “eyes only” instructions that its contents be shown to just four people: President Barack Obama and three senior aides.

Inside was an intelligence bombshell, a report drawn from sourcing deep inside the Russian government that detailed Russian President Vladi­mir Putin’s direct involvement in a cyber campaign to disrupt and discredit the U.S. presidential race.

But it went further. The intelligence captured Putin’s specific instructions on the operation’s audacious objectives — defeat or at least damage the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, and help elect her opponent, Donald Trump.

A lot more at WP
Olivier5

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:22 am
@revelette1,
It's not derailing anything, other than your wish to not hear anything about it. At some point, the Dems will have to try and reflect about what went wrong in the last elections. It's painful but it needs to be done.
revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:40 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has almost certainly decided what to do about President Donald Trump's travel ban affecting citizens of six mostly Muslim countries.

The country is waiting for the court to make its decision public about the biggest legal controversy in the first five months of Trump's presidency. The issue has been tied up in the courts since Trump's original order in January sparked widespread protests just days after he took office.

The justices met Thursday morning for their last regularly scheduled private conference in June and probably took a vote about whether to let the Trump administration immediately enforce the ban and hear the administration's appeal of lower court rulings blocking the ban.

The court's decision could come any time and is expected no later than late next week, after which the justices will scatter for speeches, teaching gigs and vacations.

AP
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:41 am
@Olivier5,
Take it to another thread and I'll hear anything you have to say on the topic, not saying I'll respond to every point made, but I'll participate.
maporsche

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:49 am
@revelette1,
You're right Rev. I'll stop.
revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:56 am
@maporsche,
Well it is an issue we need to discuss, just not here.

Didn't mean to be a thread boss.. This is Blatham's thread, you think he is on vacation?
ehBeth

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:07 am
@blatham,
@rev

from Monday

blatham wrote:
I'm starting a renovation job today
maporsche

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:13 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Well it is an issue we need to discuss, just not here.

Didn't mean to be a thread boss.. This is Blatham's thread, you think he is on vacation?

Well, I'll mostly be stopping because I leave for a 10 day trip to Iceland in about 2 hours. Enjoy guys!!
Walter Hinteler

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:29 am
@maporsche,
Mikill frí!
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:33 am
@ehBeth,
Oh, guess I missed it. I don't always look through all the pages.
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:36 am
@maporsche,
Iceland? Wow. I had to look it up to see where it is. Guess I am a virtual example of the "ignorant American."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:42 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Oh, and you really shouldn't perpetuate the stereotype of arrogant American. It's not fair to your countrymen.

Really? You gave my post enough thought to return to it with a new barb and all you could come up with "I know you are but what am I?" Smile
izzythepush

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:43 am
@maporsche,
Don't wait for it to get dark before you go to bed.
maporsche

Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't wait for it to get dark before you go to bed.

No kidding. I'm looking forward to seeing a midnight sun.