monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:58 am
@layman,
Don't badmouth America now. Everything is doable; it's a matter of skills, guts and organisation.
layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:06 am
@Olivier5,
The Democrats could nominate a hard-core muslim cleric whose main agenda is to replace the Constitution with Sharia law and probably get 25-30% of the vote.

But a majority!? Heh.
Olivier5

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:32 am
@layman,
And the republicans can get a pile-o-**** in the white house and ridicule America with it. So?

The times are a changing. People are disoriented. Old recipes don't work anymore.

This is a time for the American left to be bold. Forget the democrat political machine already. It's dead. Whether or not they replace Pilosi with some other mummy will make no difference. Build a new party, with some popular energy and lots of young people in it. Develop a clear program. Invest in public education and changing the discourse. It's been done before and it can be done again.
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:29 am
Quote:
Trump Says Doesn't Have Recordings of Comey Conversations

President Donald Trump said he doesn’t have recordings of his conversations with then-FBI Director James Comey, capping weeks of speculation about whether such tapes exist.

“With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are ‘tapes’ or recordings of my conversations with James Comey,” Trump said Thursday in a pair of statements on Twitter, “but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.”

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 22, 2017

Bloomberg
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:33 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Regardless of MSM and bigwigs in the DNC thinking Hillary was a shoo in, she would have been a very good president, not this total disaster you guys going on now with the republican congress and Trump. But Americans voted for these "leaders"; we deserve what we got.

And yes, Oliver, she would have been worlds better than Bernie Sanders.
camlok

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:42 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
But Americans voted for these "leaders"; we deserve what we got.

war criminals, terrorists, murderers, purveyors of genocide, ..., you ain't just whistlin' Dixie, rev.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:58 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Regardless of MSM and bigwigs in the DNC thinking Hillary was a shoo in, she would have been a very good president, not this total disaster you guys going on now with the republican congress and Trump. But Americans voted for these "leaders"; we deserve what we got.

Finn wrote:
...and Clinton had her zealots who truly thought she was just about perfect for the job

Finn wrote:
This is another classic reaction to a major loss. Blame those who voted for the other guy, the other brand and not the losing candidate or brand.
layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:59 am
@camlok,
Last week Trump, while at Trump Tower, saw a guy that he hates walkin down 5th Avenue. He ran to the window with his rifle, fixin to blow the guy's sorry head clean off, but Jared Kushner restrained him.

So Trump hasn't murdered nobody.

That we know of.

Yet.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:07 pm
Trump has figured out a new way to raise government funds.

He's gunna capture 25 known terrorists, sentence them to death by firing squad, and line them up against a wall.

Then there will be a public auction for people to bid on who gets to shoot them all.

The final bid is certain to be tens of millions, eh?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:

You're entitled to your opinion. I see Sanders as better presidential material than Clinton. He listens better, and talks better too. His past is okay by me. His international experience is next to nil but hers is that of a hawk. He's neither a dynasty scion nor a friends of bankers. His economic policies were approximative but I see a stern shift to the left desirable in the USA so by and large I'm okay with that too.

Bernie is genuine, a real person not a political computer, and that is important to me.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:41 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

All it would take for the American left to rebound is a few genuine candidates whom one can trust, and with a few positive ideas over and beyond "Trump is bad". Ergo Bernie, although somebody else could do it too. I root for Michael Moore (half-jockingly).

I didn't think an annoying rookie Senator without any meaningful experience and an ego as big as the moon could become POTUS, but I was wrong.

I didn't think an annoying real estate magnate without any government experience and an ego as big as the moon could become POTUS, but I was wrong.

I don't think a revolting propaganda film maker without any meaningful experience as a human being and a fat ass as big as the moon can become POTUS, but I could be wrong.

Here's something that will tip the scales in favor of Moore for you: If Moore is ever elected POTUS, I will join Cher on Jupiter. (She did move there, as promised, after Trump won, didn't she?) She's still hot for a 90 year old woman and I'm no spring chicken myself.

revelette1

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In the post you replied to, I didn't assign any blame. I've speculated in the past various reasons, the main one being she was doing well until the FBI announcement.

I was and am not a zealot, but she was the most qualified who was running. You don't have to turn everything another poster says into hyperbole in order to discredit it like you do, you know?
0 Replies

layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Last year, when vacationing on a Pacific island, Moore left his boat to take a little swim.

Before he was through, planes from three different countries had landed on his fat ass, all trying to be the first to claim the ownership of the new continent.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:49 pm
@Olivier5,
You are entitled to your opinion also.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:50 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
If anything, Sanders and his backers manage to weaken the party which manages to give wins to republicans. You may respond, well, I am not a subscriber to a party...that may true, but in practical terms, the result ends up being a win for republican, or more strength to the republican party. If the left is fractured, it is less effective.

Lash wrote:

You understand why.

The Dems resemble Republicans more closely than they resemble the progressive wing of their own party. Dems said they would continue on their preferred path, and they didn't need the progressives.

The establishment Dems made their choice.

They actively earned the #DemExit

I agree with Lash. The Democratic Party doesn't represent the "left" and is undeserving of electoral support from the left. Because the Democratic Party does not embrace a progressive agenda, the party lost millions of voters. The party and others may place the blame on Bernie (and his supporters) for their electoral misery, but allocating blame does nothing to bring millions of voters back to the Dem's tent.

Candidate -- Party -- Electoral Votes -- Popular Votes

Donald J. Trump--Republican--304--62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton--Democratic--227--65,845,063
http://www.270towin.com/2016_Election/

Barack H. Obama--Democratic--332--65,446,032
W. Mitt Romney--Republican--206--60,589,084
http://www.270towin.com/2012_Election/

Barack H. Obama--Democratic--365--69,456,897
John S. McCain--Republican--173--59,934,814
http://www.270towin.com/2008_Election/

revelette1

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:54 pm
@Debra Law,
So who were all those who voted for her in the popular vote if not leftist voters? Her popular votes were more than Obama's 2012. If "leftist" don't want to join the DNC, have their own party. I am betting the DNC will survive.
Lash

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 01:10 pm
@revelette1,
The plural of leftist is leftists. Just FYI.

The party will survive without progressives by adding Republicans. So you can call it Democrats, but it will be Republicans.

Not sure why Democrats are so keen to be Republicans, but whatever floats your boat.