Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 06:12 am
Quote:
Trump's tease of possible Comey tapes fits familiar pattern

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump said he had a secret.

He dangled it on Twitter. He parried reporters' questions about it. He milked the moment, drawing out the drama for weeks.

That big tease played out in 2011, when Trump promised to reveal what his private investigators had found in Hawaii about President Barack Obama's birth certificate. (Trump never did release anything.)

Now, Trump has stretched out a new high-stakes guessing game, this time in the White House, by hinting that he might have recordings of his conversations with fired FBI Director James Comey.

Trump is expected to answer the tapes question this week.

If they do exist, they could become a central piece of evidence in the Russia investigation that has transfixed Washington and cast a shadow over the future of Trump's presidency. If they don't, questions will be raised about why the president would stake his reputation and political capital on promoting something that just isn't real.

More at AP
0 Replies

D45ist

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 08:13 am
@layman,
You should be more worried about Maxine Waters in office and speaking to a nation. Every time that communist doesn't say "here's where you line up for your ration of bread and milk" I'm surprised.
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 08:27 am
@D45ist ,
Quote:
One side wants to run the country by its constitution (no document on the planet benefits and protects a countries citizens more)

Pure, 100% unadulterated crap. How has this document allowed the "government by the people" to control its war mongering, war criminal/terrorist governments?

It has not. The US has been at war for for 90% of it years as a "country", and italics can't even illustrate clear enough how it is not that.

Biggest dupes ever found on planet Earth. You all have been given memes to repeat to each other, stoking each other like a bunch of conceited children. It's so bloody apparent to see this in this thread and this forum.
maporsche

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:23 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

The side effects on the "resistance" strategy adopted by the Democrats are becoming increasingly visible in terms of their collateral failure to develop any coherent political or legislative strategy of their own, and the increasingly evident reactions of voters. The first instance is ironically a repeat of the same criticism the Democrats levied against their Republican opponents in the Congress during Obama's first Term , while they then enjoyed commanding majorities in the Congress. In the second, the recent special election results strongly suggest that the mutually comforting applause and affirmation of the main stream media to the "resistance" does not resonate with a large fraction of the voters. to the same degree as to their true progressive believers. This is, of course, similar to what happened in the general election - the Hillary cadres simply couldn't see the fact that real people (and voters) saw through their supposedly invincible candidate. The phenomenon may be continuing , and the Democrats my be among the chief victims of their own propaganda.

I can't remember anyone ever saying that Hillary was invincible? She had the 2nd highest negatives of any presidential politician ever. She was running to be the first female president in our nations history. She's been hated and scorned for almost 30 years by the right. There were so many cracks in that armor.

What people were surprised about were how many people had no problem electing Donald Trump (or at least, compared to Clinton). I mean, his negatives are obvious and he's going to set your party back for at least 8 years come 2020. Your side will never be able to claim any moral high ground again, cause you elected the least moral person in America. You won't be able to claim any integrity or transparency again, since you've elected the liar in chief and the least transparent candidate in 40 years.

I think back to all the claims of impropriety and character flaws that I seen the right throw to the left...and here we have Trump, who is the personification of most of those flaws. Guess those things don't matter too much after all.
layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:33 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

The phenomenon may be continuing , and the Democrats my be among the chief victims of their own propaganda.

Yeah, at this point they are, George, and it will only get worse if they don't change their tactics (and a good deal of other things) fast. A few of them realize this, but probably not enough to make a difference. As the democrat I quoted said, the democrats are a toxic party whose brand is worse than Trump's in the eyes of a majority of voters.

People, with good reason, say Trump was only elected because he was running against Clinton. At this point, the same might be said about the democratic party in general.

If the progressives think they can win with Bernie or Elizabeth Warren, I think they're in for a very rude awakening.

For example: The Democrats, with their "sanctuary" city and open borders policies have become so extreme and far left-wingish that even people who are generally sympathetic to immigration will shy away from them.
layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:50 am
The "platform" of the democratic party:

We hate Trump and once you hear our spiel you will too.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:54 am
@layman,
All it would take for the American left to rebound is a few genuine candidates whom one can trust, and with a few positive ideas over and beyond "Trump is bad". Ergo Bernie, although somebody else could do it too. I root for Michael Moore (half-jockingly).
layman

Thu 22 Jun, 2017 09:56 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

All it would take for the American left to rebound is a few genuine candidates whom one can trust, and with a few positive ideas over and beyond "Trump is bad". Ergo Bernie, although somebody else could do it too. I root for Michael Moore (half-jockingly).

This aint Frogville, Ollie. There is no chance in hell that Bernie or Moore could get elected in this country.