monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 04:17 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Most of what you had to say, I don't really relate to. I will just say, I am not saying we should trick moderate republicans into joining our party to just to get more votes. I think there are some republicans who do not agree with such extreme conservatives such as we are seeing today with the budget bill and the health care bill who might find some common ground with centrist democrats.

For instance rather than being stubborn about a universal health care or nothing at all, fix the current Obamacare where it will actually work for both insurance and customers and fix the expanded Medicare where republicans governors opted out of it. Keep the subsidies so people who can't afford to pay all of their insurance premium will have help paying and make the penalty for not having insurance stiff and enforced.

I didn't suggest the strategy was to trick anyone to join the Democrat Party. Although I've no doubt they would love for that to happen, no so-called "moderate Republican" is going to switch to the current Democrat Party of Resistance.

The strategy is to trick these "moderate Republicans" to vote for a Democrat candidate who campaigns like a Republican; using rhetoric and making promises that are at odds with the Democrat brand.

It's a fraud because there is zero chance that if elected, these new Blue Dog Democrats will be able to make good on any promise made or move the party one inch closer to the "Center" (wherever that may be), but more than likely that they will move more to the Left.

It is, apparently, not seen as offensive or fraudulent by some True Blue Democrats because they are suffering from the delusion that the present Democrat platform and ideology is "centrist" or "moderate."

There aren't too many conservatives who object to being called conservative or deny that the term is, indeed, reflective of their political reviews, but it's amazing how many liberals reject and deny that their label applies to them. Often the explanation is that they reject being labelled, despite the fact that a great many have plastered the alternative progressive label to their chests.

Another objection is that somehow conservatives have managed to turn "liberal" into a slur that isn't at all based on the way liberals think or operate. In other words, despite having only recently established a TV presence (Fox News) comparable in reach to ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and NPR, and for decades having had only one newspaper comparable in reach and influence (WSJ) to the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, and the Boston Globe, the diabolical propaganda geniuses of the right-wing managed to somehow convince the majority of Americans that the term "liberal" is deservedly a pejorative, despite all of the words and deeds of actual liberals to the contrary. (And this was accomplished before Fox News came into being and prior to the rise of conservative talk radio which began in 1987! Man, the WSJ and Bill Buckley were powerful!)
Below viewing threshold (view)
McGentrix

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 09:24 pm
@Baldimo,
We all look alike you know.
0 Replies

D45ist

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, the country is polarized on political matters. One side wants to run the country by its constitution (no document on the planet benefits and protects a countries citizens more) and is desperately searching for anyone who will do so and the other wants to destroy the constitution and remake the country over in the image of the lesser countries that were not designed with such brilliance.

I wonder who's right?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:40 pm
@layman,
Read elsewhere that there is a group in the party that is arguing that Ossoff lost because he was too soft on Trump and the GOP and that their candidates have to "take the gloves off!"

Of course this report was based on an unnamed person who is familiar with the Democrat Party.