monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 12:57 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Perspective is everything.

http://billmoyers.com/story/disappointed-democratic-party-platform-follow-money/

Bill Moyers can explain it to you.

Planks... 1.
Lash

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 12:59 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The TPP was the first canary in the progressive coal mine.

Died on Day One.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/06/27/clintons-first-major-betrayal-dnc-surrogates-defeat-anti-tpp-measure

Betrayal by 'welcoming' establishment Dems...
ehBeth

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:00 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

LOL... Trump of course, and the progressive polarisation of US politics.

right and more right

I sometimes think they're mad at each other as both groups want to be the right right.
Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:01 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Lash wrote:

Perspective is everything.

http://billmoyers.com/story/disappointed-democratic-party-platform-follow-money/

Bill Moyers can explain it to you.

Planks... 1.

What's your opinion? You must have one. I'm not interested in Moyers, unless you're him and you're talking to me now.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:09 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Lash wrote:

The TPP was the first canary in the progressive coal mine.

Died on Day One.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/06/27/clintons-first-major-betrayal-dnc-surrogates-defeat-anti-tpp-measure

Betrayal by 'welcoming' establishment Dems...

Free trade should be a progressive principle.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:10 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:

I must have missed it Lash.

I believe she is referring to TTP vote in which Obama supporters came down hard on to keep from embarrassing him. Other than the one thing, Bernie pretty well ran the platform in 2016. The DNC bent over backwards because of the accusations against them. Since I agreed with most of them anyway (platform), it was alright with me.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:12 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

This is what losers say when they can't defend their argument.

You even sound like Trump.
revelette1

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Or layman. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
That. Was dupposed to read. Vote for the winner of the NATIONALpopular vote.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Most of what you had to say, I don't really relate to. I will just say, I am not saying we should trick moderate republicans into joining our party to just to get more votes. I think there are some republicans who do not agree with such extreme conservatives such as we are seeing today with the budget bill and the health care bill who might find some common ground with centrist democrats.

For instance rather than being stubborn about a universal health care or nothing at all, fix the current Obamacare where it will actually work for both insurance and customers and fix the expanded Medicare where republicans governors opted out of it. Keep the subsidies so people who can't afford to pay all of their insurance premium will have help paying and make the penalty for not having insurance stiff and enforced.
Olivier5

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 01:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Which means there's a wide open boulevard on the left...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 02:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

This is what losers say when they can't defend their argument.

Old bullshit. She's a plant! She's a Republican operative! I'm sure I'll be a Russian next.

I think holding the bloody head of a president is on par with Trump's violent rhetoric. I'm just not as big a hypocrite as most partisans here.

Damn! The jig is up Lash.

Your days as a GOP operative are over.

It's a pity too because if you had been able to convince the dozen or so Establishment Democrats here (and their Praetorian Guard from overseas and North of the border) we would have succeeded in breaking the spine of the Democrat Party and ensured Republican Rule for at least the next 100 years.

You'll be receiving your severance check with a personal Thank You note signed by President Trump within the next week to ten days.

BTW: While termination of your service to the GOP means termination of your service to Russia, I understand that both the Mauritanians and the Free Masons are in the market for A2K operatives. You'll have to change your screen name of course, but that's not much of an obstacle.

Good luck in whatever organization or nation's service you choose to continue you career as Espionage Agent and Internet Troll!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 02:06 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I was getting married this weekend and had better things to do.

Congratulations Baldimo!

All the best to you and your bride.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 02:07 pm
As soon as Hillary lost the election, the Clinton Foundation basically folded. All the money dried up. The same will happen to the whole Democratic party if they can't round up some voters.

But they lose one every time Trump deports an illegal alien, and when voter registration laws get overhauled it will be even worse.

But that's not the main problem. The mess they call the Democratic party just doesn't appeal to that many voters.

That was my problem when I tried to get in on the politics scam. I ran for dog-catcher, figuring I could raise a shitload of cash from donors and blow it all on whiskey and women.

Didn't quite work out, though. No one would donate.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 03:50 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Did they really think all the left coast money was gonna influence those southerners? Hell, if anything it pissed them off and brought more to the polls in opposition. What dumb asses.

Quote:
Handel also relentlessly attacked Ossoff as an inexperienced stooge of national Democrats funded by out-of-state interlopers. At every turn, she sought to remind voters that Ossoff lived outside the district and that his values were “3,000 miles away.”

The message worked.

Mary Young of Sandy Springs said Ossoff’s residency outside the district was one of the biggest factors in her vote for Handel, along with the strong financial support he received from donors who live outside the district and outside Georgia. “There are just too many Californians involved in the situation,” she said.

Ossoff netted an unprecedented fundraising haul early in the race, mostly from small-dollar out-of-state donors who were infuriated by Trump’s presidency. He pitched himself as a way to “stand up” to the White House.

Handel backed the president’s decision to abandon the Paris climate change accords, Ossoff staunchly opposed it.

http://www.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/republican-karen-handel-wins-georgia-special-election/9poKa5Ng7Gz7Tb8XbRtiVP/

The cheese-eaters were SURE that global warming alarmists and other Trump-haters would carry the day.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 21 Jun, 2017 04:16 pm
Quote:
"Allahu Akbar" Michigan officer stabbed in 'act of terrorism,' FBI says

The stabbing of a police officer at a Michigan airport Wednesday by a Canadian citizen who yelled "Allahu Akbar" and referenced people being killed in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan is being investigated by the FBI as an act of terrorism, officials said.

Ftouhi said something similar to "you have killed people in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and we are all going to die" as he was being arrested.

The Canadian citizen was motivated to come to the airport and conduct this act of violence out of a "hated of the United States," according to Gelios. He first entered the U.S. at Lake Champlain on June 16, and then made his way to Flint, according to Gelios.

A muslim hoser who hates the U.S.? Has Blather been seen lately?