monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 11:34 am
@blatham,
Somebody should post Trump's talking points on A2K every day. It might well spare us the copy-pasted posts of his followers.
farmerman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 11:53 am
@Olivier5,
Comedy Central has rented a building in Manhattan an is hosting a show of Trump's best tweets (as well as the setup lines)

I think the show opens tonite unless der fatter Fuhrer sends in some of his brownshorts to break it up.
giujohn

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 12:09 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

giujohn wrote:

snood wrote:

Why aren't "they" investigating Hillary Clinton instead of him?
Because he's the president, Hillary is a private citizen that lost the election, and if he's corrupt people should know? Maybe?

And of course the reason that Hillary​ is not being investigated is because she's a private citizen...can you say specious reasoning?

How do we know that Hillary isn't being investigated? What proof do you have that she isn't?

Because in Washington today it would have already been leaked.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 12:14 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Comedy Central has rented a building in Manhattan an is hosting a show of Trump's best tweets (as well as the setup lines)

I think the show opens tonite unless der fatter Fuhrer sends in some of his brownshorts to break it up.

Unnecessary hate speech.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 12:23 pm
And now, Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has hired a lawyer of his own to help him navigate the expanding Russia investigation.
WP
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:02 pm
There are a whole lot of people with Trump's personal lawyer's name, including a long time friend of mine, but each time I see the name next to Trump's, I have to blink a few times... such very different people, same name.

Moving along, I just read a piece from RealClearlPolitics that I think is worth linking here. It's by Evan Bayh.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/06/16/end_the_vicious_cycle_134205.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealClearPolitics
0 Replies

layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:09 pm
A lot of posters here need to refresh their memories about what Trump actually said (as opposed to the false narrative being disseminated by Comey and others) about firing Comey and the russian investigation in the Holt interview. Newsflash: He never once said, hinted, suggested or implied that he was firing Comey to stop the russian investigation:

All he said was that he had already decided to fire Comey before he ever got Rosenstien's recommendation to do it. In passing he brought up the russian thing, which he very much wanted to be pursued to the bitter end, but he thought Comey was doing a poor job in bringing it to a conclusion.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:16 pm
@layman,
And what is "this Russia thing" in your opinion?
layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's two things, Walt:

1. What did russia do to affect our election--how did they do it, and how can we prevent it in the future?

2. The bogus allegation that he colluded with the russians to "rig" the election.
layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:43 pm
Walt brought up the injuns a while back. Anybody who scoffs at the notion that a small minority of immigrants can come into a country and then slowly change it's complete culture and come to dominate it need only look to American history to know better, eh?

Groups of both Mexicans and Muslims have explicitly revealed their plans to duplicate the U.S achievements in this respect--but against "white, western culture," instead of by it, ya know?

America First, Baby!
0 Replies

layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 02:29 pm
Quote:
The Hatfield–McCoy feud, or the McCoy-Hatfield feud or the Hatfield–McCoy war as some papers at the time called it...has entered the American folklore lexicon as a metonym for any bitterly feuding rival parties. More than a century later, the feud has become synonymous with the perils of family honor, justice, and revenge.

It's immediately apparent that this garbage was written by some damn cheese-eater, eh? Talking about the "perils" of "honor and justice," ya know?

There's this longstanding feud going on. It gets to the point where all members of either family will try to kill any member of the other family on sight.

Now, I ask ya: Just suppose you were born into the McCoy clan, and you knew it was kill or be killed in any encounter with a Hatfield. Who's side are you going to be on? The Hatfield's side!?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

America First, Baby!
layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 02:50 pm
@layman,
Point is, well, at least one point, is that "who's right" wouldn't make one damn bit of difference. Some Hatfield comes round tryin to smoke my McCoy ass, and that boy is goin down. No damn questions or hand-wringing about "who's right?" That boy is going down even if I KNOW that my ancestors/relatives who started this whole damn thing were wrong at the time. That aint even relevant.

Know what I'm sayin there, eh, Cambo? You, Walt?

America First, Baby!
0 Replies

layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 03:31 pm
Merkel to Trump: Russia is BAD, I tellya! Ya gotta defend us from them.

Trump: Why don't you try defending your own damn self, just a little, eh?

Merkel: We don't wanna do that. That would cost us money. We have millions of muslim "refugee" mouths to feed, ya know? You gotta do it for us.

Trump: Nice try, cheese-eater.

America First, Baby!
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 03:36 pm
I suppose some people think that articles like the one below are worth writing and reading, but think the Pence lawyering up article is a non-story.

Fox News of course...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/16/crooked-hill-sign-vandalized-troll-hillary-clinton-new-york-sagtikos-parkway

Quote:
A sign marking the Crooked Hill Road exit off a suburban New York parkway has been vandalized to read "Crooked Hillary."

Newsday initially reported about the additional "A-R-Y" that was added to the sign on Sagtikos Parkway.

"Crooked Hillary," of course, is a moniker often used by President Donald Trump when referring to former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

layman

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 03:43 pm
@maporsche,
Well, ya know, Ma, Newsday is getting an important message out to the public here, eh?

Quote:
"Defacing public signs is illegal."

Fox was gracious enough to assist them in that task, eh?
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:16 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The press doesn't know everything.

Nonsense. Trump's request that Comey go light on Flynn has been amply covered.

The suggestion that there might be something more there that we don't yet know about is ludicrous.

Olivier5 wrote:
Mueller is just doing his job.

His job is to lynch innocent people. An ethical person would refuse to take such a job.

Olivier5 wrote:
Either the Trumpists remove him or they'll have to put up with him.

Nah. Just issue blanket pardons for everyone in the Trump Administration, plus Flynn and Manafort. Then they can leave Mueller in place and just ignore him.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
That must be it! If only I paid more attention to your invaluable lessons, I finally might see the light.
I know you're a busy man but when the time is available, I hope you know you can count on me.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:17 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
From them, it would be progress to see just any small acknowledgement of where most of the vitriol has come from.

Virtually all of the hate comes from Leftwing extremists.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:18 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
That's encouraging, a bit. If, acting solely in the interest of preserving their precious jobs they might back into voting against the poisonous, destructive "healthcare" bill, that'd be a good thing.

Hardly poisonous or destructive. It isn't perfect, but there are good things about it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah, I hear you. And another factor - As the ongoing drumbeat and pressure of investigation tightens around Trump, will a tipping point be reached when he becomes clearly more of a political liability to them than a scary influence?

Your hysteria about imaginary crimes is not going to topple Trump.

It will however provoke revenge the next time a Democratic president is elected.
0 Replies