monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
They're blaming "the left" for creating a violent atmosphere.

Snood, you know full well that the USA is a violent country. Everyone is raised on violence and only a small minority escape it. You can't have a country at war for over 90% of its years in existence and claim to be non-violent.

Many of you are also the rankest of cowards. Even the truly violent, the ones that scream and yell for the US to murder and pillage aren't as cowardly as you faux liberals.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:17 pm
@revelette1,
In London we've just had a real tragedy, twelve dead, many hospitalised and 120 families left homeless. You've just got a couple of injuries, if they weren't representatives it wouldn't even have made the news. Stop being so melodramatic.
camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:19 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm not willing to call it terrorism quite yet

You don't know what terrorism is, baldimo. You aren't from Vietnam, Korea, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Brazil, Chile, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, ... .
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:27 pm
@revelette1,
You're to be commended revelette
camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In London we've just had a real tragedy, twelve dead, many hospitalised and 120 families left homeless. You've just got a couple of injuries, if they weren't representatives it wouldn't even have made the news. Stop being so melodramatic.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, ...

Stop being so melodramatic, Izzy!
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why is there never any pause for reflection for your myriad vicious crimes, Finn?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:36 pm
Now this is a tragedy, (not the bringing of charges, that's long overdue, but the criminal negligence that allowed mass poisoning.)

Quote:
Michigan's health chief is one of five officials charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the Flint water crisis.
Nick Lyon and the others are accused of failing to alert the public to an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease.

However, the state governor backed Mr Lyon, calling him a "strong leader".
The outbreak involved about 100 cases and led to 12 deaths, and was thought to have been linked to poor water quality in Flint city in 2014-15.
Thousands of residents were also found to have drunk water poisoned with lead.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette brought the charge of involuntary manslaughter against Mr Lyon, as well as Michigan water chiefs Liane Shekter-Smith and Stephen Busch, and Flint water managers Darnell Earley and Howard Croft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40278565
camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
I just voted Izzy down as an experiment. Izzy's post was disappeared.

You god damn cowards are too chickenshit to even read what some have to say. And you pretend to be adults!
0 Replies

layman

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:44 pm
Well, it looks like all the staged beheadings, theatical assassinations, rhetorical violence from celebrities and polilticians, etc. have start paying dividends for the leftists with this ballpark massacre, eh?

Loretta Lynch wrote:
“We have always had to work to move this country forward to achieve the great ideals of our Founding Fathers. They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died,” she continued. “This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before. We can do this again.
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:52 pm
If ISIS really wanted to destroy this country, they would stop wasting their extremely effective recruiting and "motivational" techniques on muslims.

They would turn their efforts toward recruiting cheese-eaters to attack every republican they encounter, prioritizing leading politicians, of course. It would be like shootin fish in a barrel for them. Not much effort required.
camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:58 pm
@layman,
Nice "oh look a squirrel", layman.

You are so dishonest, a trait you sure with the vast majority of your countrywomen.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:00 pm
Here's some political people for whom I have no use.
Quote:
More than 1,000 people were shouting “Shut it down” outside the University of California, Berkeley venue where Milo Yiannopoulos planned to speak on Wednesday when a group of black-clad, masked protesters carrying flags and shields arrived to put those words into action.

The band of about 150 anti-fascist activists – or antifas – quickly and efficiently stormed the multilayered police barricades that kept the crowd away from the entrances of the Martin Luther King Jr student union.
Guardian

Likewise anti-corporate or any other species of political activists who destroy property. But obviously, the most despicable examples of such violence are those which attempt to harm or kill people. The sanest thing I've read this morning is from Ed Kilgore. Here's the last three graphs:
Quote:
But what the moment really calls for is something more specific and meaningful: a mutual denunciation of political violence and the potential incitement of political violence by Democrats and Republicans, the right and the left. What happened in Alexandria this morning was not an exercise in “Trump-hatred” or progressive political protest, but an act that violates the most basic norms of a constitutional democracy governed by the rule of law. Left-of-center people — a group that includes myself — need to examine their consciences and their words to ensure that we in no way give even the slightest sense that violence against political opponents might ever be justified. We cannot leave the impression that we think the Alexandria shooter took legitimate grievances just a bit too far.

Instead of pointing fingers at the political factions or parties or ideologies to which the alleged shooter belonged, right-of-center people need to examine their own consciences and words, particularly given the temperature of their own discourse today on social media. A good starting point for conservatives would be renunciation, once and for all, of rationales for the Second Amendment that suggest the population needs to arm itself in order to shoot police officers and members of the military in case a government they consider “tyrannical” appears.

Redrawing the essential line between violent and nonviolent political activity will not always be easy. But if the civil-rights movement, led by women and men suffering from much greater injustices than today’s keyboard warriors of political conflict will ever experience, was able to find and hew to the right side of that line, so can we.
NYMag
revelette1

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:06 pm
@blatham,
I agree, the hatred has gotten out of hand (on all sides) and we on the left need to be loud and clear (for our part) in denouncing it.
revelette1

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:08 pm
@izzythepush,
That is good news. The people of Flint have needed justice for too long.
blatham

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:09 pm
Re Sessions' testimony:
Quote:
During his public testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions refused to answer any questions about conversations he might have had with President Donald Trump.

“It would be inappropriate for me to answer and reveal private conversations with the president when he has not had a full opportunity to review the questions and to make a decision on whether or not to approve such an answer,” Sessions told Democratic Sen. Martin Heinrich during a contentious exchange.

Heinrich’s response was forceful: “My understanding is that you took an oath, you raised your right hand here today, and you said that you would solemnly tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and now you're not answering questions.”

But Sessions was adamant that he was obeying long-established DOJ guidelines, and that he was obligated to remain silent.

Later, Sen. Kamala Harris pushed back against Sessions’s argument, asking if this DOJ rule was in writing somewhere. “I think so,” Sessions said.

To find out whether Sessions has a legal justification for his silence, I reached out to 10 legal experts. I asked them if Sessions’s claim that he’s protecting the president's constitutional right to executive privilege makes any sense.

All but one of the experts rejected Sessions’s argument on its face, insisting that Sessions is legally permitted to discuss conversations with the president, provided the president hasn’t yet invoked executive privilege (which he hasn’t). One expert believes there is a precedent for Sessions’s actions, but that Congress can — and should — compel him to answer their questions.

You can read their full responses below.
Vox - Read Here
revelette1

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:11 pm
@izzythepush,
I think you have issues. The tragedy you are speaking of is a tragedy, on top of everything else in London, it is just too much.

Nevertheless, the morning happenings at the baseball field is a tragedy as well, people were hurt, I am pretty sure there one death. Moreover, it is a terrible sign of how far we are coming in our political hatred in the US.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:11 pm
There's no civility on either side. Just a lot of arrogance and hypocrisy.

http://www.wthr.com/sites/wthr.com/files/archive/19944994_BG1.jpg

(This looks familiar historically. I wonder why.)
blatham

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:18 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I agree, the hatred has gotten out of hand (on all sides) and we on the left need to be loud and clear (for our part) in denouncing it.
Yes. And let's add here that robust monitoring/quelling of calls to violence helps any rational political movement to marginalize and disempower covert false-flag operatives who are frequently inserted into such movements to discredit them.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)