monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

maporsche

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:12 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Oh goody, now, more dem and media bashing in the name of a tragedy instead of addressing gun control.

Does this event rise to the level of 'tragedy'. I'm not saying it's not horrible, but tragedy as a term, seems a little severe. Especially since other gun violence is considered simply 'unfortunate'.
glitterbag

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:19 am
@izzythepush,
Trump always has his head up his ass. The television woke me up this morning, I was groggy and confused, I thought the commentators were talking about the fire until I heard them mention automatic gunfire. That's when I realized they were not talking about London. What happened here is happening so often I can barely keep the outrages straight.

Turns out that the shooter had been a volunteer for Bernie Sanders and worked on his campaign. Sanders issued a statement just a few minutes ago condemning the violence and regret that the shooter had been in any way involved with the campaign.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Could be anyone, anyone can get hold of a gun after all. Glad I live somewhere where **** like that can't happen.

Says the guy who lives in a country that as had 2 Muslim extremest attacks in as many months... Yeah, nothing bad ever happens over there.
glitterbag

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:35 am
@maporsche,
I think revelette is being a little droll.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:37 am
@snood,
Quote:
They have not identified the shooter with even a cursory description. Makes me even more sure he's a white male. Might sound like illogic, but if it was a middle eastern or other brown skinned person it seems like we know that right away.
I'm probably just paranoid.

It's a white guy all right, but the fact they don't already have his social media posts up tells you he's a left-winger. If he were a right-winger, we would already know what he said on social media. You know the same way the media ignores that fact the guy who stabbed those dudes in Washington state was a Bernie supporter. Your narrative about the guy living because was white shows your bias, white people are killed more by the police then minorities are, studies released over the last couple of years have shown this to be the case.
0 Replies

glitterbag

@Baldimo,
I can't believe you made such a stupid remark. I shouldn't be surprised, but you just topped yourself.
izzythepush

@revelette1,
Fair enough, but it makes a nice change when the idiots who support stupid gun laws get shot instead of schoolkids.

Republican scum insulted the victims of terrorists in London and Manchester, I don't think anyone in the UK will give a **** about "people" like that.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:39 am
@maporsche,
Your 25,000 # is just lightly misleading as a majority of those are people who kill themselves. The murder rate with guns has been about 11,000 people per year, but keep up the anti-gun rhetoric.
izzythepush

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:40 am
@glitterbag,
I have that bigot on ignore, thanks for not quoting it. Why are you surprised it made a stupid remark? It's never posted anything else.
snood

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:45 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I can't believe you made such a stupid remark. I shouldn't be surprised, but you just topped yourself.

Yeah I know what you mean, but you're right - shouldn't be surprised.
Tell me, GB - how can someone live in this country and NOT know that there is an unjust discrepancy in the amount of blacks vs. the amounts of whites stopped, arrested, shot and killed? Would you have to live in a cave, or just not listen to any news except NRA sponsored shite like Fox and Breitbart? How do you live here and NOT believe that the amount of gun violence here is way over the top out of proportion to other civilized nations?
Baldimo

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:46 am
@izzythepush,
You made the stupid remark about gun violence as if your country is the bastion of safety, you had someone blow themselves up outside a concert attended by kids and you want to play the country moral superiority game? You then had the nerve to say they deserved it because they won't pass anti-gun laws? Your the stupid one here, not me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:48 am
@izzythepush,
I have it on ignore as well. But every once in a while when I check I realize I've forgotten how ridiculous it is and then I am temporarily surprised.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:48 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

From subsequent news reports, it appears he was correct. What does that say about your sagacious judgment ?

I note that you have also followed the ever-frenetic and silly Izzy in referring to a person as "it". One is known by those he or she follows. This one isn't very flattering.
giujohn

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:50 am
I can say without reservation that if it had been the reverse and it was democrats you would NOT see idiotic vitriol spewing from foaming at the mouths of rank partisan shitheads like I have seen on this forum.

All of those here who have joined this chorus of childish squalling because they lost an election and have participated in this despicable display of blind hatred should be ashamed, but I know you are too imature to have any shame.

This is why the left will continue to be marginalized and eventually be shunned by decent people.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:51 am
This morning's shooter was a die-hard Bernie Sanders supporter. Apparently the guy reached his limit of demmunist bullshit and then flipped out.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:54 am
@maporsche,
Actually I did and do consider it a tragedy when people get shot and killed. Violence is never good, it only serves to further serve violence and feelings which brings it on and further divides people.

BTW, I agree, Sandy Hook was way more than unfortunate, it was a mass killing of innocent children which would not have been possible if better gun laws were in place and enforced strictly.
maporsche

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:00 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Your 25,000 # is just lightly misleading as a majority of those are people who kill themselves. The murder rate with guns has been about 11,000 people per year, but keep up the anti-gun rhetoric.

You can't just simply dismiss suicides.
If there were less guns, many of these suicides would merely be suicide attempts.

I think even you can admit that this is true. Guns are a more effective method of committing suicide than say, taking pills.
snood

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:03 am
Un-be-lievable. I've already heard some Republicans calling this a terrorist act.
Olivier5

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
this violence has got to stop.

How do you propose to go about it?
giujohn

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:06 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Un-be-lievable. I've already heard some Republicans calling this a terrorist act.

So what was it...an act of resistance???