monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:04 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
giujohn wrote:
You're prolly a commie so wouldn't you be in favor of him helping the Ruskies?

You're aware Russia hasn't been remotely communist for 26 years?

That might be best addressed to the Left. They are the ones who are engaging in fake Russia hysteria.

(Of course the Left were all for the USSR back during the Cold War when they were an actual threat.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:05 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Well I can only speak for myself. But it's hard for me to get past the tendencies like suppressing dissent, jailing political opponents, mass hacking into our election process, and murdering dissidents. I'm sure I could really work up a warm fuzzy for Russians 'cept for that.

During the Cold War the Soviets were far worse, and the Democrats were all for letting the Soviets conquer the world.

For the Left to pretend that they are worried about Russia now that the Cold War is over is just plain silly.
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The Democrat Party is not going to be outlawed.

It's worth a try. We have to do something to make them stop abusing the law to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with them.
If the effort ultimately fails, at least we tried to do something to rein in the menace.
Got a better idea?

HillRY Wasnt good candidate , but neither was Trump. Who s worse hs yet to be assessed by history. I dont think that Clinton is as narcissistic and as much of a pathological LIAR as is the present occupant of the WHite House.
OK, we need better candidates.

How would that make the Democrats stop abusing the law to harm innocent people?

History will place Trump alongside Washington, Lincoln, and FDR.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:11 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
What are these guys talking about??? When, when when did either Party ever proclaim some sort of admiration for Mother Russia.

During the Cold War the Democratic Party was all for having Russia conquer the world including the United States.
gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:13 pm
@farmerman,
That last big pogrom at Kishinev was basically the work of a rogue press (similar to our own rogue pressed now) and Theodore Roosevelt, Lev Tolstoy and other Christians came down on that last tsar like a ton of bricks over that.

Similarly, English Christians had forced the British government to shut down the West African slave trade in the early 1800s and you might have thought that a Christian world was at hand but, at that point, Malthusians and evolutionites took over the English intellectual world and the world is just now in the process of rebuilding from that catastrophe.

0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Big talk from your comfortable donut eatin armchair. Youve never flown jets in combat I take it. YOU make a field decision to drop 2K closer to the SAMs just to unload your ordinance. Face it, youve just got a hard on against "privileged sons"

I've no idea what a privileged son is. Does it have anything to do with being a surrendering coward?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I don't care for McCain as a politician, but for some bastard to cast aspersions on his war record like that - Sick.

If the coward has a problem with my characterization of him, he can come address me face to face. I'll be happy to accept his surrender.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It may in some sense be "fair" but it's not remotely accurate.

I'm aiming for fair here. His attacks on other Republicans are unacceptable.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:20 pm
@oralloy,
Shutting down all of the Democrats'illegal and quasi-legal **** would probably reduce them to minor party status. That may have to do for the time being but, basically, you are right, the Democrat party really needs to be shut down and outlawed. That party is messing people's minds at least as badly as any kind of drugs do, and mind messing drugs are basically illegal.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I'm not big on quixotic endeavors that have no chance of succeeding,

Big ideas are often not easy. And when they are first mentioned they may seem impossible.

But with hard work it is possible to achieve big things.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
nor should.

I think the Democratic Party should be abolished. They are maliciously harming innocent people just for disagreeing with them. It is wrong.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The better idea is to continue to point out what they are doing and hope you may convince someone...that and do all in your power to see opposing candidates elected.

That wouldn't put an end to the Democrats' abuses though.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I very rarely use this argument, but trying to outlaw a political party seems to me to be Un-American. I'm not challenging your patriotism here, but I think the notion is wrong headed and if it were ever seriously attempted (something that is extremely unlikely) it would be dangerous.

I'm not proposing outlawing them on ideological grounds. I'm suggesting that they be outlawed specifically for the abuses that they are committing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Sessions calls Dem narrative "an appalling, detestable lie"

now the fun starts to see who goes to jail.
I think Ill bet on the ex FBI director. He understood Trump's nasty ways

Another admission that this is only about harming people who disagree with the Democrats.

Hopefully Trump will be quick to pardon anyone who is victimized by this witch hunt. It was shameful of W to betray Scooter Libby to the enemy.
farmerman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 06:28 pm
@oralloy,
so you dont think that ANY merit is derived from ferreting out how Russia hacked our election?
You just want Trump to be relieved of any association, even if hes got **** on his hnds??
As far as NO evidence, THATS what the investigation is about. Why yo acting so damn jumpy??? Scared theyre gonna find something out HMMM?

The diff between this and Clinton is that even th Dems were calling for CLintons hoist. Remember it was CONGRESS that bcked off finding him accountable.

With Trump, you guy are claiming sainthood for Trumpty even before the investigation i barely underway.

Relaaaaaax, it may be a bumpy ride but either way, we will be entering a new age of cyber security from having been burnt good.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 06:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

so you dont think that ANY merit is derived from ferreting out how Russia hacked our election?

"Hacked" implies the were able to insert themselves in the workings and manipulated the outcome. There's no evidence of this.

Quote:
The diff between this and Clinton is that even th Dems were calling for CLintons hoist. Remember it was CONGRESS that bcked off finding him accountable.

Which ones? Not a single Dem Senator voted for conviction

Quote:
With Trump, you guy are claiming sainthood for Trumpty even before the investigation i barely underway.

Who are those guys?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You aren't trying to do that. There is no effort to learn and secure future elections here. You are only trying to harm the Trump Administration with spurious prosecutions.

farmerman wrote:
You just want Trump to be relieved of any association, even if hes got **** on his hnds??

It is already clear that Trump has done nothing wrong.

And yes, I want the Trump Administration to be free of spurious prosecutions.

farmerman wrote:
As far as NO evidence, THATS what the investigation is about.

Not this investigation. The only thing this investigation is about is abusing the law to injure people who disagree with the Democrats.

farmerman wrote:
Why yo acting so damn jumpy???

I have a natural revulsion to seeing innocent people harmed.

Why are you so eager to harm innocent people?

farmerman wrote:
Scared theyre gonna find something out HMMM?

I know for a fact that they will not find something on Trump. The evidence is already in on that count.

I do fear they will abuse prosecutorial discretion and prosecute Flynn and Manafort for minor offenses that should never have been prosecuted.

And given that the special prosecutor maliciously prosecuted Scooter Libby when he knew he was innocent, and got him convicted on those bogus charges, I fear more innocent people will be convicted.

And then there is all the energy that you are sapping from the Trump Administration. If Trump's time in office were to be lengthened for every day you waste on these spurious prosecutions (with the time ultimately made up by reducing the term of the next Democratic president), maybe it wouldn't matter so much. But as it stands now your spurious prosecutions are just obstructing Trump's agenda.

farmerman wrote:

The Democrats were outraged that someone would dare to suggest that Clinton wasn't above the law. They wanted him to get away with all of his crimes and they got their way.

farmerman wrote:

It is abundantly clear that Trump has done nothing wrong.

It is also abundantly clear that you are abusing the law just to harm someone who disagrees with you.

farmerman wrote:
Relaaaaaax, it may be a bumpy ride but either way, we will be entering a new age of cyber security from having been burnt good.

Nothing is being done here to learn and better secure future elections. The only thing you are trying to do is launch spurious prosecutions against innocent people.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:15 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Is it specific percentages you're disputing,? Because you're not seriously disputing that Trump has record low approval and high disapproval for this time in an administration, are you?

No, it's the continuous use of Gallup, which is almost always pushing the lowest polling numbers. Much like Rasmussen is almost always pushing the highest.

Polls are only useful when they are honest and Gallup is not an honest poll. That is why whenever someone uses Gallup, I will continue to post Rasmussen and watch the hypocritical response that Rasmussen is skewed.

Duh.

So is Gallup.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:23 pm
Dennis Prager in National Review

Quote:
As reported by the Israeli newspaper Haaretz in December: Anti-Semitic rhetoric in the United States has reached levels unprecedented since 1930s Germany, Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt warned a gathering of Israeli lawmakers in Jerusalem on Monday.

“Anti-Semitism has wound its way into mainstream conversations in a manner that many Jews who lived through Nazi Germany find terrifying,” he said at the Knesset meeting, which was convened to discuss the plight of American Jewry under the incoming Trump administration.

(Note Haaretz’s inflammatory description, “the plight of American Jewry under the incoming Trump administration,” made six weeks before there was a Trump administration!)

Quote:
And why aren’t we hearing any more about Trump-induced anti-Semitism in America? Because law-enforcement officials reported that a disturbed And why aren’t we hearing any more about Trump-induced anti-Semitism in America? Because law-enforcement officials reported that a disturbed Israeli-American Jewish teenager in Israel was the source of nearly all the threats against Jewish community centers. And that a handful of other threats to them came from an angry, obsessive black radical trying to frame an ex-girlfriend.

Will any of those who spread the lie and hysteria about Trump-induced anti-Semitism now apologize? I wrote the answer to that question about 35 years ago: “Being on the left means never have to say, ‘I’m sorry.’”

But the greatest lesson is this: Next time the Left gets hysterical, just assume the hysteria is fraudulent. There has been no exception to this rule in my lifetime. And that includes the hysteria about Trump-campaign “collusion” with Russia.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448584/trump-anti-semitism-fabricated-hysteria-left-anne-frank-center-anti-defamation-league
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
No, it's the continuous use of Gallup, which is almost always pushing the lowest polling numbers. Much like Rasmussen is almost always pushing the highest.

Someone should do a poll to find out why G is always low and R is always high.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Pray tell us...how exactly was the election hacked?
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 08:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Jaysus Kerist, you folks are the biggest hypocrites the world has ever known.
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 08:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
How about offering an Intern a govt job in exchange for not telling about BJ's?

Absolutely nothing in any of your subsequent posts proves that Bill Clinton did that.