monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:00 pm
@oralloy,
I'm not big on quixotic endeavors that have no chance of succeeding, nor should.

The better idea is to continue to point out what they are doing and hope you may convince someone...that and do all in your power to see opposing candidates elected.

I very rarely use this argument, but trying to outlaw a political party seems to me to be Un-American. I'm not challenging your patriotism here, but I think the notion is wrong headed and if it were ever seriously attempted (something that is extremely unlikely) it would be dangerous.
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:01 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I was in high school when this whole thing was playing out and it was pretty much pre-internet in my rural town. I've done some reading in the last 20 years but nothing that would have led me to believe that the Lewinsky stuff was all that serious in general. The lying, I agree, is something that should be punished (even though I can understand why he lied).

What is your perception why what Clinton did was so serious (the underlying actions, not the lying to protect his image stuff).

Bill Clinton committed numerous federal felonies including perjury, obstruction of justice, and witness tampering.

Other people get punished when they commit these crimes.

Why should Democrats be above the law?
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but trying to outlaw a political party seems to me to be Un-American. I'm not challenging your patriotism here,

Now there is a rank bit of hypocrisy. Joe McCarthy. And you're not challenging oralloy's "patriotism"? Another Joe McCarthy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:10 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Tell me this then Finn, if we "know" Clinton lied under oath, why wasn't he convicted of perjury in a court of law?

Because Democrats feel themselves to be above the law. A fair trial would have required excluding all Democrats from the jury.

revelette1 wrote:
Technically, Clinton didn't lie under oath when he denied sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky because he was going by the definition provided by the civil court case in which it was decided sexual relations didn't include oral sex.

Bill Clinton only escaped one question by using that narrow definition. Bill Clinton lied in response to multiple other questions that didn't involve that definition, both in the civil case and in front of the grand jury.

And in addition to all the perjury, he also committed witness tampering and obstruction of justice.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Trump looks like a traitor, sounds like a traitor and behaves like a traitor.

I've seen no such behavior from him.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:18 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
In any event, taking all that, in the end he was lying about a consensual affair to keep from having to admit to it in the Paula Jones case which was pure politics of desperate people. It was stupid; he was dumb for laying himself open for that trap. But it wasn't malicious

In the end Bill Clinton committed perjury, witness tampering, and obstruction of justice to conceal a consensual affair.

If that is no big deal how come everyone else is harshly punished for such crimes?

revelette1 wrote:
malicious like Trump and his deals with Comey.

Oh nonsense. What is malicious about Trump firing a nutcase who is trying to sabotage his presidency?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:19 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Also, the 'temporary ban' was scheduled for 90 day under the guise that the government needed that long to impose new rules and procedures. It's been over a 100 days since the EO was signed now. My Trump's statements at the time, should we believe that it's no longer needed?

That's called shooting yourself in the foot. By delaying it and making such a public fight about it, what once would have been a temporary measure is likely now to become a permanent fixture once the the Supreme Court allows it to go forward.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:20 pm
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19105915_10211621044860610_1182488084802086539_n.jpg?oh=a641825e557b03807447bb1aea0e7a86&oe=59E5AECD

Sessions calls Dem narrative "an appalling, detestable lie"

Quote:

"Further, I have no knowledge of any such conversations by anyone connected to the Trump campaign. I did not have any private meetings, nor do I recall any conversations with any Russian officials at the Mayflower Hotel.

"I did not attend any meetings at that event separate prior to the speech I attended by the president.

"The suggestion that I participated with any collusion, that I was aware of any collusion with the Russian government to hurt this country, which I have served with honor for 35 years, or to undermine the integrity of our democratic process, is an appalling and detestable lie."

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:26 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
The evidence is pouring in that Trump is indeed a Putin collaborator.

No it isn't. The evidence is clear that the collaboration was limited to Flynn and Manafort.

Blickers wrote:
Trump defenders increasingly have to look at themselves and realize they've slowly become Putin's Fifth Column.

The Cold War is over. There is nothing wrong with trying to improve relations with Russia.

And given that the Democrats were actively in favor of the Soviets during the Cold War, when they were an actual danger to humanity, the Democrats' present day "concerns" over Russia are worthy of ridicule.
gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:32 pm
William SlicKKK KKKlintler was impeached for gangsterism, and not sex, although some of the gangsterism involved sex.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3426438/posts?page=25#25

Other than that, to the extent that SlicKKK's foibles DID involve sex, it was always PERVERTED sex rather than anything halfway normal...

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/P/M/monica_cigaraficionado.jpg
gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:34 pm
@gungasnake,
Funny picture... Monica doing an impression of Edie Adams' impression of Mae West for the old Muriel cigar ads...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:39 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
And given that the Democrats were actively in favor of the Soviets during the Cold War, when they were an actual danger to humanity, the Democrats' present day "concerns" over Russia are worthy of ridicule.

I say again:

The virulent new wave of Russaphobia amongst demmunists, libtards, snowflakes etc. should be understood as follows:

The idiots are completely freaked at the idea that Russia, having had a 70 year look at communism, finally arrived at an understanding of communism for what it actually is, i.e. a bunch of bullshit, and have reverted to their natural Christian heritage, culture, and civilization.

Demmunists and libtards don't have any heritage, culture, or civilization. You can understand the frustration this must cause for them.

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:42 pm
Russia, as of right now, appears to be the center of the Christian world. I have been waiting a long time to hear any politician with the power to do anything about it say the first word about protecting Christianity and Christians in this world. So far, Vladimir Putin is the only taker.

http://www.moscow.info/images/orthodox-moscow/Cathedral-Christ-Saviour.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:49 pm
1988, 1000 year mark for Russian Christianity.
http://russsr.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/1-2.jpg
farmerman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:54 pm
@gungasnake,
Yeh and it was th Christian Tsar who tortured and killed my people because they were Jews.Maybe thats where Pooty Poot got it.
the Tsar would say 'All you Jews gotta get with the pogroms"

The people in the water up front are probably getting redy to be boiled alive

giujohn

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:54 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Blickers wrote:

Quote Olivier 5:
Quote:
Your president conspired with the Russian mafia clique in order to get elected. He's a traitor.

The evidence is pouring in that Trump is indeed a Putin collaborator. Trump defenders increasingly have to look at themselves and realize they've slowly become Putin's Fifth Column.

Pouring in Gracie? You libitards kill me...ok his impeachment is certainly imminent then huh?...take the bet...your screen name against mine...now don't be a 🐔 (cluck cluck) have the courage of your convictions!

Just as I thought...all bullshit... CLUCK CLUCK.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:57 pm
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/robert-mueller-stocks-staff-democrat-donors/

Donald Trump needs to fire this goofball immediately.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:58 pm
@gungasnake,
Rousseau made a comparison of the govt of Tsarist Russia to France , saying that cruel despotism under the name of Christianity is probably what is needed to govern such a vast wilderness country.
How many time zones? 11 or 10?.
Tar Nicky would throw out sausages in pewter cups as treats to the poor masses, leading to riots that had to be quelled in Jesus name
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:01 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Sessions calls Dem narrative "an appalling, detestable lie"
now the fun starts to see who goes to jail.
I think Ill bet on the ex FBI director. He understood Trump's nasty ways
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:02 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Well, I read your later post, the fact is Bill Clinton was never charged with perjury in a court of law much less convicted. So layman's post is bull crap.

I went back and reviewed his post. It looked accurate to me. Can you point out any factual errors in his post?

revelette1 wrote:
Bill Clinton admitted to making false statements and apologized for it. In my judgement, it was enough for what he did. He has had to live with that legacy all these years and in the end it was nothing but a sexual matter. I am done discussing this.

Well if you are fine letting Democrats off the hook when they commit perjury, obstruction of justice, and witness tampering, then how about not persecuting Republicans when they've committed no crime at all.
0 Replies