monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:49 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

And as if we conjured it up, today's Gallup has Trump's disapproval rating up to a record 60%. I guess Comey didn't help him after all.

It took Bush almost five years to get to a disapproval rating this high. Obama, Bill Clinton and even Jimmy Carter never did.

But that's just because fake news and libturds, right?
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:49 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

giujohn wrote:
You're prolly a commie so wouldn't you be in favor of him helping the Ruskies?

You're aware Russia hasn't been remotely communist for 26 years?

So you're saying Putin doesn't want to return to the USSR and Communism??
McGentrix

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:51 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Strange... Rasmussen

Not strange at all... just Rasmussen.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2017/05/Polls.jpg&w=1484

Now do Gallup and lets see how they do.

Why not be intellectually honest and use an average instead of one as skewed as Gallup?
Baldimo

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 02:53 pm
@nimh,
Quote:

Which explains the left's dislike of Russia now, if they were still sporting the hammer and sickle of the good old USSR, you would be upset about the harsh language and treatment of your comrades.
snood

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Which explains the left's dislike of Russia now, if they were still sporting the hammer and sickle of the good old USSR, you would be upset about the harsh language and treatment of your comrades.

Well I can only speak for myself. But it's hard for me to get past the tendencies like suppressing dissent, jailing political opponents, mass hacking into our election process, and murdering dissidents. I'm sure I could really work up a warm fuzzy for Russians 'cept for that.
snood

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:07 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Now do Gallup and lets see how they do.

Why not be intellectually honest and use an average instead of one as skewed as Gallup?

Is it specific percentages you're disputing,? Because you're not seriously disputing that Trump has record low approval and high disapproval for this time in an administration, are you?
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:13 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Your president conspired with the Russian mafia clique in order to get elected.

The evidence says otherwise.

Olivier5 wrote:
He's a traitor.

Even if he really had conspired with Russians, that wouldn't make him a traitor.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:15 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
If TP is correct (easy enough for anyone to check out). He can't fire Mueller directly, he would have to fire the acting AG, then the replacement would presumably fire Mueller.

Trump can abolish the entire Office of the Special Council with a simple executive order.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:16 pm
@snood,
What are these guys talking about??? When, when when did either Party ever proclaim some sort of admiration for Mother Russia. Who do they think they're kidding??? Really!!! Are they stupid or do they hope everybody else is stupid.

Within the last 24 hours an opposition leader, Alexis Navalny was arrested for having dared to differ with Putin. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, let's hope he makes it out alive.
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
"Maverick" McCain often drives me nuts, but you are absolutely wrong to denigrate his service in the Navy during the Vietnam War.

I think my characterization of McCain as a surrendering coward is just as fair as the outrageous attacks that McCain helps to make against his fellow Republicans.
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The Democrat Party is not going to be outlawed.

It's worth a try. We have to do something to make them stop abusing the law to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with them.

If the effort ultimately fails, at least we tried to do something to rein in the menace.

Got a better idea?
oralloy

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:27 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
What stops Republicans from behaving rationally
...First, unlike Senate and House Republicans during Watergate, there are few genuine leaders of principle whose sense of propriety is offended by Trump.

So "rational behavior" is defined as "letting the Democrats destroy innocent people"?
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:34 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Got a better idea?
HillRY Wasnt good candidate , but neither was Trump. Who s worse hs yet to be assessed by history. I dont think that Clinton is as narcissistic and as much of a pathological LIAR as is the present occupant of the WHite House.

OK, we need better candidates.
farmerman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think my characterization of McCain as a surrendering coward is just as fair
Big talk from your comfortable donut eatin armchair. Youve never flown jets in combat I take it. YOU make a field decision to drop 2K closer to the SAMs just to unload your ordinance. Face it, youve just got a hard on against "privileged sons"
edgarblythe

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:42 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
I think my characterization of McCain as a surrendering coward is just as fair
Big talk from your comfortable donut eatin armchair. Youve never flown jets in combat I take it. YOU make a field decision to drop 2K closer to the SAMs just to unload your ordinance. Face it, youve just got a hard on against
"privileged sons"

I don't care for McCain as a politician, but for some bastard to cast aspersions on his war record like that - Sick.
camlok

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:49 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy, if you get a fact in it's just dumb luck. A rank partisan like you doesn't know what 'fact' means.

You are so frightened of facts that you flee from them.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:51 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Well, I read your later post, the fact is Bill Clinton was never charged with perjury in a court of law much less convicted. So layman's post is bull crap. Bill Clinton admitted to making false statements and apologized for it. In my judgement, it was enough for what he did. He has had to live with that legacy all these years and in the end it was nothing but a sexual matter. I am done discussing this.

He wasn't specifically charged with perjury so he couldn't be convicted of a perjury charge, but the Independent Counsel's finding was that there were grounds for a charge of perjury although he ultimately used his discretion and concluded Clinton had suffered enough.

In a 32 page opinion, U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright (the judge who cited him for contempt) wrote "The record demonstrates by clear and convincing evidence that the President responded to plaintiff [Paula Jones]'s questions by giving false, misleading, and evasive answers that were designed to obstruct the judicial process... It is difficult to construe the President's sworn statements in this civil lawsuit concerning his relationship with Ms. Lewinsky as anything other than a willful refusal to obey this court's discovery orders.... Simply put, the President's deposition testimony regarding whether he had ever been alone with Ms. Lewinsky was intentionally false, and his statements regarding whether he had ever engaged in sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky likewise were intentionally false, notwithstanding tortured definitions and interpretations of the term 'sexual relations'."

So a US District Court Judge found that, not only had Clinton, intentionally lied under oath, he did so in an effort to obstruct justice.

Are you suggesting that the judge found a sitting president in contempt of her court because she found extra-marital affairs reprehensible? Your insistence on describing the entire matter as nothing but a sexual one displays remarkable loyalty to a favorite political figure, but it's incredible.

I somehow doubt that you will find it in yourself to rely on tortured, hyper-technicalities to exonerate Trump of any real wrongdoing. I could be wrong here, and if I am forgive me, but based on the extent of your animus for Trump, I find it difficult to believe you were as forgiving of him concerning his "pussy grabbing" comment, because, after all, in the end it was nothing but a sexual matter.

I will agree that for many of those who voted to impeach him, politics and politics alone was their motivation, but as has been argued, more than once, by someone who might be described as generally sharing your political views - hightor, the impeachment process is a highly political one. You see his lying in an effort to obstruct justice as a foolish, albeit harmless, mistake because it enabled to Republicans to spring their sinister trap. If I am arrested, prosecuted and convicted of robbery by a police detective and DA that personally despise me for unrelated reasons, it doesn't make me any less guilty of a crime. Had the basis of Clinton's impeachment been groundless and thus purely the exercise of political power I would consider it an attempt to overturn a free election, but it wasn't and US District Court Judges don't write scathing 32 page opinions and issue $90,000 fines because of foolish but harmless errors.

If you're done with discussing this, that's fine with me.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:53 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Well I can only speak for myself. But it's hard for me to get past the tendencies like suppressing dissent, jail.

Snood, you are the product of US propaganda.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:53 pm
@oralloy,
It may in some sense be "fair" but it's not remotely accurate.
camlok

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but you are absolutely wrong to denigrate his service in the Navy during the Vietnam War.

He is a war criminal, Finn.
0 Replies